Jim Carrey Online

Is 25 mill too much?

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Is 25 mill too much?

Postby quirky » Thu May 04, 2006 2:44 am

"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Thu May 04, 2006 2:47 am

Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Thu May 04, 2006 3:18 am

honestly i think he is worth 25 million. but the guys in hollywood think that since FWDJ didn't do as well as his other movies....they think his slary should be less. i don't understand that whole process.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 04, 2006 7:59 am

well i think if he generates upwards of $100m for a movie then it's not unreasonable to expect a big slice of the pie........
however..........i think movies are costing far too much to produce..........they seem to be relying less on quality scripts and stories.....preferering a big name and special effects...............
which is a shame...........eternal was done on the cheap and was awesome, more moviestars should risk the cheaper art house genres.......

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Thu May 04, 2006 12:45 pm

I don't think anyone is worth 25 mil. This atrocious amount assumes that it's the star that makes the movie a success or not, and I don't believe that to be true.

If you've got a big star, and a lousy script, the movie is going to tank. Take Nicole Kidman and Bewitched, for example.

If you have a great script, a great director, but lousy actors, the movie is going to tank, too.

A successful movie is the sum of all parts. No one role is better than the other. They all have to be good.

But I think Hollywood defines success as whether a movie makes tons of money are not. Who cares if it's critically successful -- did it break the 100 mil mark? That's their qualifier for making films and I think it's awful.

I wonder about a celebrity's motivation sometimes. If you love making movies, you shouldn't be demanding a high salary. If fact, you shouldn't be demanding anything. You should be grateful that you're doing something you love to do.

Not too many people are in that situation.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby jimliker » Thu May 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Well every star has his/her own credits of hits & flops. Everytime a star cannot hit the jackpot. Even so called "mega stars" like Tom Cruise & Brad Pitt have their share of flops. If Jim is asking for $25 million & the producers or financers r willing to pay him that much itself shows that he is worth it. His hits have covered the cost of his flop movies. This is media's typical attitude of giving more importance to the flops rather than hits of any particular star. If Tom Cruise gives a flop this yr. then the media will say the same thing about him starting their article with "poor Tom Cruise" :x :evil:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Fri May 05, 2006 5:46 am

$25MM is an outrageous amount of money... Make the math... how long would take you to make that kind of money.... Me...? A few lifetimes... :wink:... I only hope he makes good use of it. :D
"Friend is a second self." -- Aristotle
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Sat May 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Yes 25mil is too much for a salary....lol...

But Hollywood is surreal and actors take whatever they're worth. Money certainly eases a lot of worries. But it can also mean much responsibility if it is more than what one can handle.
I would think anyone would need to give a lot of it away to keep it real... :-k and that includes a LOT of people, not just stars with highly publicized salaries.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Sat May 06, 2006 3:24 pm

I'm sure privacy and safety costs a lot.

Plus - 10 mill could have gone to Tsunami relief and the journalists would never know.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat May 06, 2006 6:35 pm

it;s all relative.....the industry sets the prices..........it's not the actors themselves.............and re what they do with it..........
well, it's their money......... folk should let them do what they want with it without having to justify it. If they give to charity , fantastic and if they prefer to hide it under their bed then great........it's not for folk to judge.....
but Jim has given a lot to charity..........he seems to have a good balanced outlook, but after his families financial hardships i wouldn't blame him if he stuffed mattresses with the stuff........lol

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby MandyCarrey » Mon May 15, 2006 3:17 pm

hes worth it all the way!!!! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Mon May 15, 2006 4:29 pm

lol...........well if a movie makes 125 million and he's been heavily involved in the production and writing then yes.................he'll have worked jolly hard for his cash.........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Return to Stop The Press!