Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Fan Gathering 2006!

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Where would you travel to meet up with other Jim fans?

a) Toronto, Canada
22%
b) Los Angeles, California
26%
c) Somewhere in Europe
22%
d) I can't travel to the above places, but would participate in an online chat
30%

Total votes : 27

Postby quirky » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:00 pm

If I won the lottery, after I'd paid things and given to some charities....I'd seriously consider orchestrating the whole thing.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:18 am

An online chat with Jim would be cool
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Kaat » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:51 pm

That’s awesome, Quirky!! What a sweet thing to say. Good luck with your next lottery ticket... :D :D :D

I think an online chat with Jim is a GREAT idea! I have wondered about that before. I know it wouldn't be in person, but it would sure get a lot of people online at once and give them a chance to ask him questions. Is there someone we can contact who can give us a yay or nay on Jim's participation? Who do we ask? I have seen other celebs do this kind of thing before (with a moderator on their end, of course), so I don't think it will sound too crazy. This might have the best chance of happening 'cause it's the easiest to organize...
"I don't care if people think I'm an overactor. People who think that would call Van Gogh an overpainter." -- Jim Carrey
Kaat
High Strung

Postby JT Carrey » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:59 pm

Jim did a live chat on AOL once and they asked my question lol I have a video of it if anyone wants to see it, but I gotta find it, oh and he's also done a few other live chats (sans video) on the internet, pretty darn cool, maybe he'll do another one some time ;)
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:26 pm

well he's a pretty darn cool guy............lol......as A listers go he seems one of the hippest............and most decent...........so if anyones gonna do something like that Jim's in the running.............
Webcasts and podcasts are the future.......and a big star's gotta keep ahead of the herd.............
and lets face it.........this IS HIS site........despite the other sites (which are great in their own way :wink: ....)it is the primary one.........and seriously well run..........
so if he ever does fancy doing a webcast or a webchat JCO would be worth considering........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:14 am

JT Carrey wrote:Jim did a live chat on AOL once and they asked my question lol I have a video of it if anyone wants to see it, but I gotta find it, oh and he's also done a few other live chats (sans video) on the internet, pretty darn cool, maybe he'll do another one some time ;)

Is he quick on his feet?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:16 am

of course.............lol.......haven't you seen the mask???......he's a groooooovy mover........lol

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:19 am

fluffy wrote:of course.............lol.......haven't you seen the mask???......he's a groooooovy mover........lol

I guess I was talking to people who might have seen the webchats. I wondered mostly if he's funny or serious.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:25 am

oooooooh......... :roll:.........sorry..... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Kaat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:30 am

The AOL chat video sounds cool! What question did you ask (and what did he answer?) Wish I could've been there!

I love the idea of Jim doing a webcast on JCO. I dunno, I think it would be a very uplifting experience for the fans and even for Jim (and of course, would boost his image and popularity even more). OK, so who wants to invite him? Any volunteers? lol...

Seriously, I would (it would take guts... but I would), but I don't know how to reach any of Jim's people, other than using the standard fan mail address, which I'm pretty sure would get us nowhere... hmmm... what could we do?? :-k
"I don't care if people think I'm an overactor. People who think that would call Van Gogh an overpainter." -- Jim Carrey
Kaat
High Strung

Postby mav » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:39 pm

Ya, I would vote for the online chat... I've not tried the fan mail address, so I've not idea if that will work.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:06 pm

quirky wrote:
Is he quick on his feet?

yes he's pretty quick on his feet, but he doesn't really listen or pay attention lol

Kaat: if I told you what I asked that would ruin the fun ;) oh and he did answer me hehe
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:25 pm

i live in Toronto .. i say THERE!!lol.. i would go other places but im only 17 and dont have alot of money.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Kaat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:42 pm

I think there are a fair number of people on JCO from around the Toronto area... Toronto is definitely the most do-able for me, although I'm dying for an excuse to visit L.A. too... but Toronto, yeah, why not! Go Toronto!! :) We could take a mini 'Jim tour'… visit cool sites that are connected to Jim in some way, like Jim's star on Canada's Walk of Fame, the famous Yuk Yuk's where he got his start... what else is there? Is there a Jim 'shrine' of some kind in Toronto? If not, there really should be. We could erect a statue while we're there... OK, just kidding about the statue part, lol... :lol:

Right now the votes are spread out. L.A. is in the lead, but only slightly:

Los Angeles = 33%
Toronto = 26%
Europe = 20%
Kaat
High Strung

Postby cotton » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Can I add online chat to your options? I can't travel at all.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy