Jim Carrey Online

Did anyone else notice the difference in character

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Did anyone else notice the difference in character

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:45 am

Well.. i was just wondering.. in Ace Ventura 1, and 2... there is a difference in character...
lf
Ace1- He isnt really.. um "Stupid" persay... he just did cooky things and stuff.. he was a normal guy, just sometimes, and some things he said was a little over the top. He can have normal conversations, and stuff, and at times acts like a real investigator.. of course.. like i said.. he is over the top, which makes him awsome.. but he isnt completely... half brained like they make him when he is...

Ace2- He is in a way.. kinda not all there.. there is nothing wrong with it, i ove the second one.. but the character changes drastically. I tried to explain this before, and everyone looks at melike im crazy, but ill try to get it into words.... He is always acting cooky and half there, and is way more phisical. He picks up alot more lines, and does things for absolutly no reason. His voice changes, and he talks differently. He is hardly ever serious (which is how ace is... but he cant have a normal conversation in this one).. and everything is just.. i dont know.. its different...It seams like everything he did in the first one... they magnified times 10! the little things he did once.. they made him do it twenty more time... the one lines became constant, and tha facial expressions were exaggerated.

Am i the only one who notices this? I mean.. i love the character in both.. and i can see how the connection is there, but i can really see a difference, but no one understands.. so i thought i would post here. I dont think he is over acting or anything.. and if thats over acting.. i love it... but it always got to me how the character changed thats all.. i wish i could explain it better... but... i dont know... anyone notice?
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby KC8t80 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:05 am

now that u mention it......i do notice it.

i think his motivation or whatever.....in the second one was to go crazy and fun with the movie. that is probably why he doesn't act as serious as he did in the first. but thats just me.

what I don't understand is why they never mention anything as to what happen with his relationship with Courtney Cox's character.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:19 pm

yeh thats what i alwayz wondered. i love both movies too.. and i do kno wat u mean about the lil changes that u can see between the first movie and the second. i think more in the first one you see a more sensitive side with cox's character.. maybe in the second one they just wanted to blow it out of the water and make it even more funny... which didnt fail or make the film too different from the first.. its wat Jim is always tryin to do though isnt it make movies funnier etc. :D .. u cant beat ace one and 2 i hope they dont make a crappy seaquel or preaquel with someother dude! :twisted:
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:36 pm

if they made another one with someone else i think i would flip.. im already too pissed off about the dumb and dumber two, and son of the mask...

And i always wondered about Courney Cox too.. what ever happened to her? Like.. its the same thing with Austin Powers... what ever happpened to Felicity in the third one.. its weird how they do that!!! lmao... i dont even really like the Austin Powers movies though anyway.. but its just another example
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby jimliker » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:40 pm

one thing i noticed different bet. ace 1 & ace 2 is the hairstyle....ace 2 cock-like hair was bigger or longer than the ace 1 :lol:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:31 pm

Yeh i noticed that it was way more huge!! lol..i like the austin powers movies lol i sat and watched one yesterday lol.. i didnt notice before that one of doctor evils guys in the first movie was will ferrell... he is the one that gets put into the pit of fire things and wont die lol.. he looks well different but im sure its him.. lol i was like oooo hey its him lol! Id never noiticed before and ive has the movie for years! lol :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:01 pm

i noticed that too.. i totally forgot about writing it though lol :oops: ...

Ya.. that part is awsome though.. i love it.. and when he gets shot and falls off the cliff, and they he is like.. "Im still alive.. but my legs is broken.. im going to try the other one..AHHHHH... no that one is broken too." and he goes on and on lmao.. then in the fire pit... "im burning... im very badly burned but im still alive.... im still here.. im alive..." then "OMG you shot me!... you shot me.. i cant believe yu just shot me.." and so on lmao.. its the best. I know.. i didnt know it was him the first time i saw it then i was like omfg.. that just makes it that much better.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Re: The difference in Ace 1 and 2 with Jim's hair

Postby JimCarreyschick » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:59 am

I noticed a difference too that in Ace 1 Jim's hair style isn't as big and his hair's dark brown and the sun shines off of it but in Ace 2 I did notice his hair style's bigger and it looks like there's blond streeks in it or maybe it's the sun but it looks like he put a little bit of blond streeks in his hair to make it stand out more in the second Ace Ventura movie

Jen Carrey! :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:50 pm

lol yeh i love when hes at the bottom of that cliff lol.. heloo is the movie over? lol... bless will hes so funny!...

... I didnt notice blond streaks in his hair in the second movie.. i havnt watched the film in ages because my video machine eat the tape!! lol so i when i finally buy it on dvd or watever i will have to have a look out.. lol... did anyone notcie in the second one that when Jim bursts in at the end and tht guy is playing chess the chess peices keep disapearing and reapearing lol!! its funny lol... :D 8)
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:21 pm

hee-hee
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:29 pm

Also lets have a look at the difference in hair shall we!?

I know its not a great image but it shows the comparison .. Ace 1...

And Ace two! lol it really sticks up alot more lol!! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby jimliker » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:48 pm

MandyCarrey wrote:Image
hee-hee

oh yes in Ace 2 he didnt do that! :lol:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:34 pm

oh yeh lol. i dint think of that i just thought it was a funny pic lol!! :D