Jim Carrey Online

Nick Awards

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Nick Awards

Postby cotton » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:32 am

Jim won nothing. :( Will Smith won instead.

Jim didn't even attend.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:39 am

Really?? It hasn't even aired yet here where I live, I was just about to watch it. I thought Will Smith might win.....

How do you know? I thought it was live right now in Hollywood in 20 minutes...and I'm in the same time zone
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Re: Nick Awards

Postby quirky » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:47 am

cotton wrote:Jim won nothing. :( Will Smith won instead.

Jim didn't even attend.

Hmm....maybe he's on the way to my place. :lol:
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:50 am

Black, you know from King Kong, is hosting it live in about 10 minutes in Hollywood...
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 am

It's on! It's on! Happy Fools Day, Cotton....... :lol:
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:05 am

Your time zone is different California. You are about 3 hours behind me I watched it at 8pm.

You know I haven't played any april fools jokes and yet I got accused of it many times today.lol

You will see I wasn't joking, Michele. Jim was nominated in the first catagory and lost.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:13 am

Michele Hernandez wrote:How do you know? I thought it was live right now in Hollywood in 20 minutes...and I'm in the same time zone

Us people in Massachusetts see it first cause if we saw it at the same time you do it would be on at 11pm!lol Live can also just mean Live in front of an audience doesn't mean you are actually seeing it at the same time they are on stage.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:45 am

You are right, the count down part was live, but it turned out not to be live. So you watched it?
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Clemmy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:59 pm

cotton wrote:... Live can also just mean Live in front of an audience doesn't mean you are actually seeing it at the same time they are on stage.

... which defeats the very meaning of live... if it is live it shall be shown at the same time that is happening all over the country... world... don't you think?

I was upset that Jim didn't win... but, I guess Will's character was more appealing to kids (this is just a guess since I haven't seen any of the films yet).
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Michele Hernandez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:17 pm

I notice they only slime one celebrity. Imagine if they slimed more than one at once, there would surely be an accident.
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Michele Hernandez » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:45 am

Clemmy wrote:
... which defeats the very meaning of live... if it is live it shall be shown at the same time that is happening all over the country... world... don't you think?

I think so! Just like when we type the other person gets the message fast, because of the speed of the signal.
Michele Hernandez
Kick-Ass 2

Postby cotton » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:02 am

Yes I know but they do that with all the award shows. We shouldn't complain tho Clemmy cause massachussetts is one of the first states to get them. Which is why I try to post as soon as the show is over. So people will know whether to watch it or not. Don't forget tho. If they showed it to everybody at the same time same that would mean that it would be showing at midnight in some states. and I don't know about you but I don't want to stay up that late to watch a long boring award show.lol
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:05 am

Michele Hernandez wrote:You are right, the count down part was live, but it turned out not to be live. So you watched it?

Yes and it was a boring waste of time lol
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Clemmy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:53 am

cotton wrote:

Yes I know but they do that with all the award shows. We shouldn't complain tho Clemmy cause massachussetts is one of the first states to get them. Which is why I try to post as soon as the show is over. So people will know whether to watch it or not. Don't forget tho. If they showed it to everybody at the same time same that would mean that it would be showing at midnight in some states. and I don't know about you but I don't want to stay up that late to watch a long boring award show.lol

You're right and I am not complaining ... I am just stating my point of view. Also, there is more going on... sponsors, commercials, all the business stuff.
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:39 am

i thought it was ok....Jack did pretty good, better then the recent hosts they've had.

Plus, i have noticed something. the way u can tell who wins an award is when the nominated candidate is actually there. But this wouldn't count for the Oscars or the Grammys.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Stop The Press!