Jim Carrey Online

Man on the Moon ducumentary?

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Man on the Moon ducumentary?

Postby trishroberts » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:14 am

I read somewhere that alot of documentary footage was taken whilst filming and that a hour long program was going to be made, did that ever happen ????
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:20 am

if it did happen they'll probably churn out a DVD special and add it onto the disc..........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:23 am

Now that I would love to see. You reach a stage where you've seen the film, read all the books, seen some TV stuff........but that would be a real insight.

Perhaps we'll strike lucky one day? :?
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:20 am

There was one made but Jim refuses to let it be seen by the public. Maybe if Twigggy comes back on here he can tell you about it since he is one of the very few people who saw it.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:14 pm

but why????????..........................why not let the world see??.........or perhaps it makes him look scary since he was in character the whole time..............

fluffy :roll:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby MandyCarrey » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:13 pm

Ive never heard of a doc abt the film... but there was a Jim Carrey bio or sumthing on a while ago on E or sumthing tht had a lot of behind the scenes footage from man on the moon tht was really nice to see.. but other thn tht i aint sin much else on the movies making.
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby cotton » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:01 pm

fluffy wrote:but why????????..........................why not let the world see??.........or perhaps it makes him look scary since he was in character the whole time..............

fluffy :roll:

Cause he acts like nutcase. Jim allowed them to show it to the public 1 time during the stage show they did in which Andy was supposed to show up at but never did. I asked Lynne(Andys ex) if there was anyway I could buy one and she told me Jim will not allow her to sell it. That was awhile ago tho. I should ask her again.hehe
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:44 pm

he's a method actor.......he got really into the part.........and wow! he gave a awesome performance............artistically it was certainly worth it........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:44 pm

Yep! It is a fave of mine
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:13 pm

yeah it's my number 2 fav at the moment but it juggles with Truman.....Eternal being No1...........but i'm practically hysterical, at the ill Andy at the beach scene.........and then the trip to the Phillipines............OMG........that's awesome acting........so emotive........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:58 pm

I can't remember who touched upon it (I think it may have been the in the screenplay book) but I remember there been worry about the film having so much going on, so much dialogue....then the Philippines scenes come along and there's no talking for minutes on end. I think that's what makes that moment so dramatic, emotive and memorable. Then the laugh when he realises he's been had. The world's greatest practical joker has been conned. Priceless cinematic moment.

But, you wonder if The Truman Show rivals Man on the Moon?? :? No contest for me. Kaufman rules.... :kaufman:
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby justfacts » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:39 pm

I think it was on Oprah where he was talking about it. She asked him if there was ever a movie that he thought he went "too far" and he said yes, when he did Man/Moon. He also said that he taped the documentary (or had it taped I supposed) and he isn't ready to show the public yet but is pretty sure one day he will.
I think it was when he was on her show promoting Lemony Snickett..it sounds like an "after the show topic" it was a while ago
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

Postby quirky » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:30 pm

I can't say I blame him if he's manic/depressive.

During a manic time you can do just about anything and it's sort of out of your control. What I mean to say is, it's TOTALLY out of your control.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:14 pm

i think from the interviews he learned a lot from the whole process, about himself.........laying him wide open.........that's a vunerable position to be in........especially for a man.........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:20 pm

"I feel like a clam without a shell. - Jackson Pollock
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Older Movies