Jim Carrey Online

the Actors studio.........

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

the Actors studio.........

Postby fluffy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Has Jim done an 'inside the Actors Studio'??...........i've just dicovered it on sky Digital.........
but i have to say the couple of shows i've seen look blooming grim.........about as much fun as a dental visit........
the lighting is shockingly lousy and these poor celebs are on a stage with the grim Reaper.............no wonder so many end up in tears.......... :shock:

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:24 pm

I don't think so BUT he did do a hour interview with Charlie Rose which is "Blooming Grim" also. Even with Jim on it.lol Jim was sweet and down to earth( and looking spicy :wink: ) while they talked in the blackened studio. But Charlie is a lot like the Grim Reaper and he is extremely boooooorrrrinnnnnggg.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Re: the Actors studio.........

Postby quirky » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:26 pm

fluffy wrote:Has Jim done an 'inside the Actors Studio'??...........i've just dicovered it on sky Digital.........
but i have to say the couple of shows i've seen look blooming grim.........about as much fun as a dental visit........
the lighting is shockingly lousy and these poor celebs are on a stage with the grim Reaper.............no wonder so many end up in tears.......... :shock:

fluffy

...and yet...there's something about James Lipton that carries it. You know the person is going to have to answer all sorts of questions.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:44 am

yeah, but it looks a positively grim experience for them....i'd prefer to see them having a blast with Jonathan Ross or Conan....then they can have fun and we can see their real personalities shine......personally i'd axe the Actors Studio.....it's dated and elitist and frankly boring.....

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:06 pm

I utterly and totally disagree with you. I LOVE the show.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:19 pm

lol.......well,i guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.......lol :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:34 pm

Of course. I think what I like BEST about it is that he asks all sorts of probing questions and you don't get the same interview Leno, Letterman and Conan have all had. By the time you get to the third appearance on a talk show it's just a rehash. James Lipton kind of shakes them out of their comfort zone.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:44 pm

which would be terrrific if he didn't have all the charisma of a funeral director...........lol...........

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 pm

I honestly think he does a brilliant job from what I've seen.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:36 am

I love 'Inside the Actor's studio'. I wonder why Jim wouldn't do it.

No personal questions. It's all about the movies and there's something about James Lipton that makes the interviewee respond in a true manner. I've admired so many actors on it that I woudn't have otherwise...... And I LOVE the Pivot questions and QA at the end.... :D
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:51 am

mav wrote:I love 'Inside the Actor's studio'. I wonder why Jim wouldn't do it.

No personal questions. It's all about the movies and there's something about James Lipton that makes the interviewee respond in a true manner. I've admired so many actors on it that I woudn't have otherwise...... And I LOVE the Pivot questions and QA at the end.... :D
-

Exactly...I wonder if they're for sale? It would be great to see celeb q and a's.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MandyCarrey » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:15 pm

I hav bin looking for ages on sky if Jim ever did 'inside the actors studio' but no luck. It would hav bin kool to see tho... i dnt watch tht show unless sum1 interesting is on there.. or if there is literally nuttin else on which is very rare lol! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Return to The Speakeasy