Jim Carrey Online

A fresh Swedish interview with Jim for you all to enjoy! :)

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

A fresh Swedish interview with Jim for you all to enjoy! :)

Postby cable girl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:14 am

Hey guys,
Hope you’re doing just fine. :)

Since Jim Carrey never posts any greetings to his fans I thought it would be sooo much fun to give you all a very recent interview to read about him! :D My twinsister bought this Swedish magazine called “Pause”, No. 1 March 2006, for me a couple of days ago as it said “Exclusive interview with Jim Carrey” on the cover as well. The interview is made by Monika Agorelius.
It’s such a openhearted, funny and sweet at the same time interview I think! He sounds genuinly happy, and that’s really all that matters! :D And I’m so happy for him that he has found a way to get rid of the paparrazzis ‘cause everyone deserves their private time! :D
I hope you all will enjoy this interview as much as I did (also because it took a while for me to translate it into English again… hehe :lol: ), have a continued great weekend everyone, and hope this interview made your day! :P

Take care!
All the best,
Ann

P.S. I’ve cut directly to the interview ‘cause some things was just describing in the beginning and it weren't only kind words, and as he’s gotten enough crap from people as it is already I didn’t see the point in posting that too. Oh, and the pages that the interview was on just included pictures from Fun with Dick and Jane, so it was no new exclusive photos or anything. D.S.

------

J.C. – I think Gable Guy is my best film, it’s underestimated. It doesn’t have the world’s happiest ending, but I dig it, says the comedian with a smile when I meet him in London.

M.A. – Your new movie, Fun with Dick and Jane, is about a couple who can’t imagine living anything else than the top luxury life. How is your own relationship with money?

J.C. – Pretty normal, I think. I’ve never been concerned about the economy, not even when I was young and my family had it so bad under a period that we lived in a trailer and ate cheap burgers for dinner. I drove my first wife to insanity when I didn’t care about the money. When the money ran out and she started to wine I just shrug my shoulders , like “It’s going to work out”. And you know, it always did too.

M.A. – Now you make an insane amount of money. For Bruce Almighty you got 25 million dollars. What do you do with them?

J.C. – I am pretty boring, I invest in different ways, and give a whole lot to charity. It is a weird concept, money. When you have a lot of cash it just becomes an extra amount of zeros on a paper. I haven’t become a highroller since I became rich. I have enough money to do what I want to when I spontaneously feel like it – but I seldom have time to do what I spontaneously feel like doing.

M.A. – Can you buy your friends?

J.C. – I’m sure you can. When you’re poor you don’t get any friends because you’re the guy who never treats people to drinks at a bar. When you’re rich you don’t get any friends ‘cause the ones who goes out with you always expect you to pay.

M.A. – When you say your name you get mixed reactions, you’re either loved or hated.

J.C.
– I understand that my humour isn’t appreciated by everyone, I can be rather extreme sometimes. But due to the fact that my movies draws a huge audience it’s plenty of people who likes what I do and that’s good. I enjoy myself when I have a camera in my face. I’ve always loved to put on a show and my background as a stand up comedian have helped me when I’m going to do comedy on film.

M.A. – Which is the best movie you’ve ever seen?

J.C. Network. When that movie came out 1976 it showed a trend about how currupted media might become. Now, thirty years later we’ve passed all the boundaries a long time ago. Media have way too much power and the way to deliver news becomes more and more governed by propaganda from those in power. In the U.S.A. the TV-networks is owned by the presidents friends.

M.A. – What do you watch on TV?

J.C. – I watch a lot of Discovery Channel, I like to see interesting programs that I can learn something from, about history, animals and nature. MTV is often on at home too. And South Park, that show is hysterically funny.

M.A. – What makes you laugh in ordinary life?

J.C. – How people behave in the company of others. It it is very, very funny when a person tries to look good infront of someone else and makes a fool of himself. Like for instance when a muscular man try to look so cool infront of some gorgeous, giggling girls and he suddenly falls of a horse. Or something like that. Then I laugh.

M.A. – What music gets you going?

J.C.
– Everything from Missy Elliot to The White Stripes to the Bee Gees and jazz. My father played the clarinett and I was raised with bigband jazz. My daughter is also down with jazz and when she comes home to me she goes directly and puts on a Miles Davis-album. That’s cool, I think, most teenagers have probably never listened to jazz, but my daughter loves it.

M.A. – Do you remember your first concert?

J.C. – Yes, me and some buddies went from Toronto, where we lived, to Buffalo in the U.S.A. to see Black Sabbath and Van Halen. I was 12, or something, and it was an awesome experience. It was when Ozzy respectively Dave Lee Roth was the lead singers and both groups had their peak then.

M.A. – What do you sing in the shower?

J.C.
– Led Zeppelin-songs. But nevermind about singing, above all I fight in the shower! I get my aggressions out with starting up a fight with imaginary figures and then I punch them in the face if I feel like it. I play both parts in these confrontations. You look a bit shocked, haha? I seem crazy to you? That may be true, but try it and you’ll see, to scream “Go to hell you bastard!” and pretend to give out punches is good for the mentality. Haha, yeah!

M.A. – Eeeh, ok. What would you do if you where God for a day, like in your movie Bruce Almighty?

J.C. – Make sure I wouldn’t have to irritate myself on everyday things. When it comes to work I am camn about most things, if you take the day as it comes everything falls into place. But at home it’s a total different turf really. I can become insanly angry when the milk isn’t on the right place in the refrigerator! Or when someone has squeezed the wrong place on the toothpaste. If I were God I’d make sure I wouldn’t get fits over such things.

M.A. – How do you avoid being hunted down by the paparrazzis and celebrityhorny people?

J.C. – It doesn’t bother me to become recognized, people are pretty soft. Furthermore I always go roller skating and there’s no one who expects to see a famous actor on roller skates. I go everywhere, wherever I’m going, no matter what the weather is. You get there fast and that’s nice. The other day I went to see the Big Ben and then further down the Themse. SO cool, the only thing you have to look out for is the cobble stones. Another thing that’s great is that the paparrazzis don’t check up on a celebrity that travels like this and not in a damn limousine. I can be completely anonymous.

------
~ "Compassion is the currency that leads to true wealth"~ / Jim Carrey
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby cableclair » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:20 am

Thanks so much! That was a supercool magazine. He'd be a great TV buddy to me. (I love watching stuff like that, Forensic Detectives wooohoo, amazing how people can solve a case with an eyelash) Thank you thank you. This interview did make my day hahaha.
cableclair
The Number 23

Postby omnipresence » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:13 am

Thanks a lot. Very entertaining.
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby trishroberts » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:53 am

Thanks you for translating ...Fab interview
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby Anna Chalova » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Thanks!
8)
"I really want to love somebody. I do. I just don't know if it's possible forever and ever." JC
(\(\.........../)/)
(=',').......(','=)
(..(")(")(")(")..)
Anna Chalova
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:55 pm

did it say when he was in London??........was it for the FWDAJ press Junket??

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cable girl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:29 pm

>>did it say when he was in London??........was it for the FWDAJ press Junket??

Fluffy; I have no idea! I tried to find out through the magazine when the interview took place, but funny enough it doesn't say anything about it whatsoever! :o

I'm glad you all enjoy reading it - it was my pleasure to translate it for you all - it's always so nice when you're able to brighten someone's day! :D

I love the "Forensic Detectives" too by the way and the "F.B.I Files", I watch those every Thursday that I'm able to. :) I wonder if he watches "Animal Planet" too (I just have "Discovery Mix" where I live), the shows "The Planets Funniest Animals" and "Amazing Animal Videos" are just sooo cute and hilarious! :lol:
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

I'll try to find out...

Postby cable girl » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:36 pm

As I'm very interested myself to find out when this interview took place I emailed one of the people who works at the magazine ( http://www.pause.se ) so if I get a reply from him I'll definitely let you know for sure when it took place Fluffy! :)
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby fluffy » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:13 pm

great........ :wink: ..........my money is on December at the press tour...... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:20 pm

Awesome interview. Ty!
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:26 pm

I play both parts in these confrontations

Trust him to come up with something to chew on...sounds worth a try!
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:26 pm

tks for the wonderful interview Cable Girl.
Hey Cotton r u able to find this magazine? :wink:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:43 pm

mav wrote:
I play both parts in these confrontations

Trust him to come up with something to chew on...sounds worth a try!
-

He needs company in the shower.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:10 pm

note to self: rollerblade more ;) hey Claar, guess where we're going this summer :P
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Kaat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:54 pm

That was a very interesting interview. Thanks for translating it!
"I don't care if people think I'm an overactor. People who think that would call Van Gogh an overpainter." -- Jim Carrey
Kaat
High Strung

Next

Return to Stop The Press!