Jim Carrey Online

Avatar Gallery - Who has any of those full size images?

Post all recent pictures of Jim Carrey here and share them with us. Please post where it was added.

Postby quirky » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:40 am

You know, time seems to pass both quickly and slowly. What I mean is, you can have an endless drudge at work and then come home and have your nephew call you...he's a father now and I held him in my arms at his baptism and THAT feels like it was yesterday.

So at the funeral today, it was full military honors on Arsenal Island. We met at the Radisson. And then drove to the Arsenal in the procession. We got out of the car and my Gran grabbed my arm. We walked up towards the tent and I couldn't help but think as I looked down at her head that she has been through so much loss. Her name is Grace and she epitomizes it. The immediate family were sobbing...and I find that to be the worst of all. When you want to go comfort someone, just give them a hug....but you don't know them all that well. And you've got your Grandmother on your arm anyway. I walked her up to my father's grave, too...and as I was thinking about it...I really felt like I was going to break down and cry. Not about losing this cousin per se, but for all the losses so many of us have had to try to remain strong through.

Right then, as I was about to cry, my cousin's little grandson was being carried in front of Grandma and me. He looked at me and started doing :P raspberries. And it cracked me up.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 am

Indeed, we must all try to remain strong. But it is good that there was a distraction from your cousins grandson :P. I guess too, all you can do in those times is give a person a hug even if you don't know them. Even if you did, it is still hard to express any words to a person. :(
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby quirky » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:29 am

Well....the family used to have lots of reunions. Apparently one cousin is trying to get one together for next year.

It's funny you should talk about expressing my words. This is the first time we've all been together since I was on Jeopardy. And if I talk about the way it's shot, what they do, that the makeup artist was great and it was just a magical time for me...I've done it a lot...but you want to make it seem like the first time.

See I TOLD the people at the show that IF I told my grandma what was happening, and did happen one more time....that an entire town and every relative would get told. They were ok with that.
But at funerals, in particular, people will ask...and want me to talk about it and I told grandma, "I feel so bad talking about THAT at funerals...because I'm a modest person and the time in the Funeral Home isn't about me."

She set me straight....that people don't neccessarily WANT to talk about the deceased anymore....that they want an escape, so talking about something like that isn't conceited, it just makes them feel special because they get "inside details".
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:26 pm

Well, yeah I guess you're right in a way :O. I'm not too... expericened with anything really.

I'm actually 17 (sorry if im not supposed to say my age) but I went to a funeral when I was 13 for a friend I knew. This isn't probebly exactly isn't along the lines of your post, but its in relation to how people talk.

I remember at the funeral, it was a close friend of mine that had died. But yeah people tried to talk to me, not so much about it but about other things to "cheer me up" the thing is, is that they didn't know what to say to me to make things feel better. So sometimes they might just sit with me for half an hour or so an not saying anything. Which sometimes is the best thing. ... I know this is different cause I was the one that was er, upset. But I guess the same thing still applies. To me, people just don't know what to say that could make a person feel better. *shrugs* I dunno sorry :oops: I can't really word things too well - hard to explain :P. But yeah I know where you're coming from :)
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:48 pm

It's interesting how people cope at times like that.......quite often the black humour surfaces..........i know whenever i've been to a family funeral they invariably end with people laughing and sharing the good stories......Despite the tears, and it really brings you back home......to know that these good people, who you don't see nearly as often as you should are your family .They define where you've come from and are like a silent support and backbone..........and likewise you are part of theirs......
At grandpa's funeral who we all absolutely adored, grandma chose Glen Miller music because my whole family are jazzmen and grandpa was a saxophonist/double bassist.........So everybody's toes were tapping.....then when they took him away the song was 'what a wonderful world'............
we shared a lot of tears and laughter that day.........It's how grandpa would have wanted it..............

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss Quirky. :(
Funerals should what the family choose it to be I suppose. Me? I'm all for treating them as a joyful reminder of someone's life. To be able to talk about that person whose passed away, remembering all the good times, sad times, everything. Nothing wrong with laughing and smiling as you go. At my funeral, I'd want it to be a happy celebration of my life. Not a sombre, dark affair. But that's just me. :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~

cotton wrote:
Niobe wrote:
quirky wrote:Anybody here read palms?

He has a long life line and will only ever have one child.
Oh, and he needs to moisturise them more. :wink:

Now if you could just tell us where they have been we would be all set.lol

Anna Calova wrote:How you know?
You can "read"?
If I send my hand-photo, you'll can anything read?

sianlee wrote:Wow you're kidding?? You can read palms :O :O :O. Thats so cool!... but it's a shame he would only have one child, it would be funny if he had a son so that his legacy might be carried on as a comedian XD.

LOL.....erm, well, reports of my palm reading skills may be slightly exaggerated...lol. I could only look at the real basics. I just pick it up from people and books. Nothing serious. In fact I'm not even sure I believe it myself.
LOL...If I knew where Jim's hands had really been, I'd be sure to tell. :lol: Not over here, is all I can say for sure. :( #-o
I do "know" that things like gaps in your life line do not mean an early death, but possible life changing events. Depending on their place on the line you can guess at what stage of your life it may happen.
Apparently.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 pm

AWWW :P I was hoping someone could read my hand lol.

fluffy, Yeah I know majority of people... well probebly at least 85% of people go through funerals and death that way. By sharing all the good and bad times. I guess then there is another 10% who get upset, and don't want to be cheered up - to sort through it themselves. However people may try to drag them along to social events and stuff like that; causing them to slowly enter real life again and eventually be able to cope with it all. Then 5% who ... just can't cope. :( Thats what I believe. I reckon that if this is true... then research needs to be done on this 5% to find out more about them insted of bad things happening to themselves, like suicide perhaps :(
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby quirky » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 am

It's interesting how people cope at times like that.......quite often the black humour surfaces.....

On the way to my Grandpa's funeral....mom's dad....MY dad referred to it as "the planting." I think I hit him in the shoulder. Five years later we planted Dad.

I feel kind of old beyond my years sometimes. I think there was a little esprit carefree in me that has gone away...probably natural in life as it progresses.

You get to the point where you can't help but wonder if each moment you live and the good times spent with other people ... there is an expiration date on these things that no one can predict.

And you get better and better at handling lonliness, because you are used to being beaten about the head by life.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:07 am

After my great grandmothers cremation ('old grandma' as we called her, )we were walking out of the building and chatting amongst ourselves, waiting for the cars etc..........well.......the smoke was poring out of the crem chimney and as we walked towards the cars the wind changed direction and everybody got a lungfull..........
This caused the family great mirth and everybody joked about 'old grandma' living on inside all of us, etc etc .............
and 'there she blows' etc etc......................

my family can be quite black with its humour sometimes..........but on my mum's side there are some really funny characters.........they know how to lighten the mood ...........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimlover » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks for those nice pics.they r really gr8. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:07 am

Well guys, do you know anymore pictures from those avatars? :( I am particluarly looking for the one with Jim Singing. Unfortunatly Tommy hasnt replied to my PM about any of the images, so I thought I still might try here to see if anyone else has any.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby sianlee » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:43 am

:( *pleades with everyone* My Jim fad can't die out! lol. Pictures pictures and more pictures! :D

Hehe make it a race! XD with no prizes. The person who finds the picture of Jim singing is ..... his.... number 1 fan :P lol.
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Previous

Return to Recent Photos