Jim Carrey Online

Cannibal Corpse

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

IN the words of.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:18 pm

"Give my boundaries or give me death" :lifeguard:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:19 pm

I meant:
"Give Me boundaries or give me death"
dang floppy fingers, don't wanna work today.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:20 pm

it's only a band CJ..............you don't have to listen to their 'music' it doesn't get played anyway...........(thank goodness)..........

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:37 pm

It's funny how far we'll go to defend artistic license.

But if you take away the music, you just have hate literature. And very few people say 'hey, leave Ernest Zundel alone! he's just a regular guy entitled to his opinion.!"

You're right though, Fluffy. I don't have to listen to their music. I don't have to listen to people who deny the Holacaust either.

I already regret giving them the importance of discussing them through this forum.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby dfghdfgh » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:38 pm

That's ok, they don't need you anyway.
dfghdfgh
Introducing Janet

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:43 pm

That's cool folks we'll agree to disagree on this one............it's really each to their own anyway..............
taste in music is so personal anyway............as is taste in all the arts..........
After all, Van Gogh only sold one painting in his lifetime, because his work was disliked..................and now his work is the most valuable in the world................

(but don't think i'm equating Van Gogh with CC.........lol.............)

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:23 pm

hey out of curiosity i checked out their website..........they are being ironic.............i said that though.......lol.........
They have wives and kids etc...........
plus, they ain't making bucket loads of cash and are internationally loathed..........lol........

the poor lambs must have a bit of a complex..............lol........

let's all send out some Luurve vibes ...........lol.....perhaps that's what they need..........lol.......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:36 pm

Hm. It's always a risk to state one's opinion.
I'm with Jayne and Filomena here.

There's no one who can deny that the envelope has been pushed so far that it seems nothing is out of bounds anymore.

There used to be a saying "garbage in....garbage out."

Lately, that point of view, which I personally believe has a lot of merit has been trampled under the feet of the first amendment champions.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:41 pm

UM.............i'm not sure what the first ammendment is............sorry.........

i guess i'm just a 'live and let live', liberal hippie, at heart........lol

Seriously though...........i do think that there are some cultural differences at play here though.........
The British ARE more liberal than Americans.........and this is not just my personal opinion, it's universally accepted........Just as the Dutch are more liberal than the British.......

We have a very strong tradition in the arts of pushing buttons and breaking laws.................Oscar Wilde, DH Lawrence, Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin come to mind..............and Marc Quinn’s ‘Self’ which is a frozen cast of his head made up of 4.5 Litres of his own blood..........

And in music, although the Prodigy ain't as dark as Death metal bands who would have thought that 'smack my Bitch up' and Firestarter would top the charts and create an energy explosion in a somewhat dull British chart............ :wink:
lol..........and remember we gave you 'Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead and Led Zepplin'............
And of course Acid House................who can forget the smiley faces?......lol.......Aceeeeeed!!!!!..........lol.......

Fluffy :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to The Speakeasy