Jim Carrey Online

What was your first like??...................

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby justfacts » Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:09 pm

My first JC experience was TV..
I was working at a half way house for juvenile delinquents and watching "In Living Color" was one of thier privileges..
I remember him from there and I remember seeing Ace Ventura a long time ago but I didn't become a fan until much later.
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

Postby portuguese_girl » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:23 pm

I was to little(and dumb) to remenber.lllol.But I think that was the mask
portuguese_girl
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby Dannyk » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:47 pm

i honestly cant remeber wich i watched first...it was either the mask, dumb n dumber, or one of the aces :D 8) :P
"Kick his ass seabass"
"Hey creeeep"
"Advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage."
"No! It wasn't me! It was the One Armed Man!"
Dannyk
In Living Color

Postby Jimenem » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:39 pm

Liar Liar, I saw it in theatres when it first came out. and didn't think anything of it. I was so little I didn't get half of it. And there was this lady sitting in front of me with big hair so I coldn't really see it anyway. More recently Ace Ventura : When nature Calls Is what got me hooked.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby comicpisces11 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:14 am

I first saw Jim when I was in High School when he was on In Living Color. I kept hearing about the show from classmates (I didn't watch much TV) and everyone kept telling me, "You've got to see this show. There's this white guy on there that's just like you! He does a lot of the same things you do!" So curiosity got the best of me. I watched and was really angry, thinking, "Great....what am I supposed to do? This guy is doing ME. There goes my comedy career!" But I was hooked. To be honest, I wasn't really that attracted to him (physically) in the beginning. I thought his hair was atrocious, his teeth were too big and he was too pale (God, forgive me!). But there was still something about him. I saw him lift his daughter up at the end of a show with her twinkly little eyes and my heart melted. That did it.
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby MJFreakske » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:46 pm

The first one was The Mask but I was only 6 years old when I saw it , I didn't know who was that guy on the screen , but in 2003 I saw it again and then it starts with Bruce Almighty , Man on the moon , Ace Ventura , the Majestic , Dumb and Dumber etc....
MJFreakske
Copper Mountain

Postby quirky » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:21 pm

I watched "In Living Color".
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:54 am

Rodney Dangefield's "Young Comedians" special on HBO. He was one of 4 comics that performed, although he did impressions. My whole family was going nuts when we saw him. We watched the show every week hoping he'd be on again. I think he was on a few times. He really stole the shows he appeared on...
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Rubberface » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:44 pm

I was like 7 years old when I watched Ace Ventura: Pet detective... and that was the first time I thought: "Hey, this guy is actually an actor being paid for doing faces and making me laugh... I wanna do that too!!"
And I'm addicted to him since that time :P . I'm now studying drama because of Jim and I did some stand-up in comedy clubs and even had the chance to perform in the "just for laugh" festival.
All because of Jim! That's why he's so special to me and will always be :scholar: !!!
---=Rubberface=---
Rubberface
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby Jimmie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 am

:D My favorite out of all of Jim's movies would definitely be Ace Ventura pet detective....best movie of all times!! And i bought the unrated version, so i have totally seen things that nobody else has...unless of course you have the unrated version too.

?Can anyone tell me how to get the picture under my name???
Jimmie
Dumb & Dumber

Postby cotton » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:00 am

Just click my profile then at the bottom click on show gallery. The you just click on the one you want.

Unrated version? Isn't that the TV version?
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby rirumo » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:10 pm

I saw for first time in The mask, i fall in love inmediatily :lol:, i haved 13 years old, now have 24, im your fan since 1994
________________________________________ :wink: :D

RIRUMO
your dreams are a cristal ice.....

I´M A HARAJUKU GIRL...With WiCKed Style....
I Wanna be a Sweet Escape...
(Always keep the retro Style)
rirumo
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby shelby » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:55 pm

my first Jim movie was the first Ace Ventura, i was in the third grade, i remember it because i hung out with a kid that year, that reminded me of Jim, i remember seeing a commuricle on tv and it showed that scene when Jim jumps out of the bathroom window and that face he made and that hair, that kid that i hung out with looked like that, and he used to make me laugh all the time so i knew ace was going to make me laugh, i rented it on a friday night, and i watched it 6 times in a row that one night, and i laughed at the same spots evertime and hard too. and i knew i was going to be a Jim Carrey fan for life.
shelby
shelby
High Strung

Postby Conor » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:59 pm

guys i finally came to a conclusion.....its was the mask....on tv.

i remember laughing at all the weird humor.....and not laughing at a lot of things because they went right over my head.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Laura Laing » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:28 am

The first movie I ever saw with Jim in it was Rubberface - the first time it ever appeared on TV. My friend and I were all excited because here was a guy that we knew appearing in a made for TV movie...how exciting is that?! Definately ages me though...
Laura Laing
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to Older Movies