Jim Carrey Online

A request to Carrey fans for new Jim Carrey book!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

A request to Carrey fans for new Jim Carrey book!

Postby TNPihl » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:26 pm

By Priya
Do you remember the author (Mary Anne Cassata) who was writing a Jim Carrey book and needed help from all the users of Jim Carrey Online to give further suggestions and ideas to write in the tribute book? :)

But, sadly she couldn't convice the publishers that the new Jim Carrey book is a good idea. :cry: The new publisher dropped the idea because previously published Carrey books did not sell well. Can it really be true?? :shock:

What seemed to help at first were the responses from Jim Carrey Online for a Carrey book. The author is still trying... :D So, we would like all the members of Jim Carrey Online to please support the author by giving some good suggestions to improve her Jim Carrey book to make it more interesting so that, it is able to convince the publishers that it will be a total sell out!

So, the Jim Carrey Online staff requests all the members of Jim Carrey Online to help the author to enhance the Carrey book. We need your valueable suggestions.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

I think Jim Carrey's Read Story...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:40 pm

I believe Jim has a story of interest to all, that will help many people, I think it's his story that will sell. Difficult to explain. I do not know his story well enough to give ideas. I have read a few books on him, but they do not tell his story, not the way it was. His family, schoolmate,friends, history, events, circumstances, family history all bring in the story.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:44 pm

I have questions about that.

Is the book a biography?

Does Jim have a say in what she is writting?

I personally wouldn't want to read a book based on Jims life because I know his life has not been easy plus it is personal and it wouldn't be so entertaining. I find biographies a little bit sad....just my opinion.

Maybe she should ask him what he wants the book to be about- :D That would be more interesting to read...more interesting though would be if Jim wrote it himself- :D :wink:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: I think Jim Carrey's Read Story...

Postby lammy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:49 pm

Canadian Jayne wrote:I believe Jim has a story of interest to all, that will help many people, I think it's his story that will sell. Difficult to explain. I do not know his story well enough to give ideas. I have read a few books on him, but they do not tell his story, not the way it was. His family, schoolmate,friends, history, events, circumstances, family history all bring in the story.

I would be entertained if Jim wrote short stories about things he has encountered with a twist of imagination...he after all is a genious- :wink:

1. How to please a woman in his own sense. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:14 pm

I only think a new book should be written if there's something new in his life. Something majorly new, not trivial new, like he has a new car.

Otherwise, it's all been said before.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby lammy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:17 pm

2. The attack of the gray hairs on parts of his body that hair is not meant to grow- :lol:

Seriously though, I wish this lady good luck and I hope Jim or his publisist can agree on something...maybe his manager can talk Jim into writting a book-he will be working, he would be working his brain- :D Come on, I know Jim can do it- :wink:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:28 pm

Jim CAN write. He has written bits in other books before. Just not his own for some reason :?
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:44 pm

I haven't read any books on him :oops:
I don't know if a biographical book would sell well....i think anything biographical is done more out of a personal interest/desire..... so it has to involve Jim a 100 percent, even if he doesn't write it himself.

I'm not clear if it is a biographical book. What would 'tribute' involve?
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:12 pm

lol..............och i'll write it...........lol.......and Cotton can do the archive/research............lol..................

but seriously, Biography entails opening up wounds .............unless it's a bog standard chronological magazine article sourced book.................
and there's enough of them................
No, to be a worthwhile project it has to either be done in partnership with Jim or he has to write it himself...............and for that he has to be ready...........
But perhaps he doesn't feel he's reached that pinnacle yet....... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:26 pm

Is it an authorized biography?

I haven't read any books about him.

Time it to come out the same time as one of his movies does.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:56 am

For me whatever he want s to do is fine with me, I have no say in anything- :lol: :lol:

If he wants to make Love under the rain with a 23 year old female-gosh, I can't say anything now can I- :D :D :lol:

I'm behind him 200percent....yahoo...Jim is the man if he can't do it-NOONE CAN- :D :wink:

I'll stick around, I promise- :wink:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby justfacts » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:44 am

HUH?
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:55 pm

Sorry you didn't understand me-what I meant was, whatever Jim wants to do it is okay by me.

We are always wanting Jim to do this and that when he is his own person and he can do whatever...that was all I was trying to say- :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:50 pm

Tommy, is it an authorized biography?

Here's why Jim books don't sell: (IMO)

The blockbuster hit for which Jim Carrey is known is "Dumb and Dumber". Until he replaces it with something else, people's frame of reference for him is THAT character. People aren't STUPID, but they tend to relate performers to their characters. And so they might not see him as a person with a lot of depth. I'd lay money on him being a near-genius, but most people still think "Dumb and Dumber" when you say Jim Carrey.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:13 pm

I think this lady should write a book about what Jim wants to do with the rest of his life, instead of his past...more interesting to read...Just my opinion.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Stop The Press!