Jim Carrey Online

Your Favourite Genre for Jim............

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Favorite Genre

Postby wonderbunny » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:41 pm

That's a puzzle, I loved Time on Maple Drive. His character was understated; But also love his narration of Simon Birch. I wish he would do more straight drama. He's a great 'over the top' type of comedian, but he really nails the dramatic acting (Joel Barrish was great) Maybe its his voice (velvet like) couple that with tenderness and wow! Thats the good stuff.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby asrai » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:24 am

I know I might get e-lashed for this, but I wasn't always crazy about the schticky stuff. I've always liked him but I thought some of it was, well, stupid for lack of a kinder word. BUT...after seeing his more serious roles and just how brilliant he is at subltety, I started to appreciate the crazy stuff more. I guess I started paying closer attention and was seeing the subtlety in there as well. I mean, like that scene in Bruce Almighty after he parts the tomato soup and God shows up. I just love the way his hands shake just a little as he's sitting there in shock. There are so many moments like that in all his performances.

OK, to answer the question, so far I prefer the serious stuff, such as ETOTSM. That has become my favorite movie of all time. His performance is just perfect. MOTM is one of my favorites also. But really, I'm happy to see him do anything his little heart desires.
asrai
Once Bitten

Postby asrai » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:26 am

Oh, and I would LOVE to see him in a movie where he sings and dances throughout. I've been dying for him to do a musical, ala Moulin Rouge or something like that. The tiny tidbits sprinkled through his movies is just not enough for me!
asrai
Once Bitten

Postby fluffy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Yeah hey!!!......hooray!!............another lover of his singing voice...................
he just blows me away..............he's pitch perfect, and with amazing vocal control.................and astonishing power and depth................i'd love to see him do more singing...........

however............alas, i hate cheesy musicals.....i must be the only kid on the block who hated Moulin Rouge...............whilst it looked amazing i hated their singing...............far too cheesy for me..................... :?

No i'd like to see him in a 'rock' mode...............strutting his stuff.......and getting funky.............lol................
cheesy musical ballads don't do it for me.......lol

(but then i am a secret rock chick at heart..............lol.............. :wink: )

Fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby asrai » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:02 am

Yes! While I loved Moulin Rouge, cheesines and all (well, Ewan IS my other mad crush, after all) I would love to see him as a rocker as well. Can't tell you how many times I've listened to I Am The Walrus!
asrai
Once Bitten

Postby mav » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:18 am

Over-the-top comedy of any kind. Though he can do ANYthing, no one can do comedy like him.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:49 pm

I like his comedies, like ace and dumb and dumber, They where so original and Funny, and great way to escape from the world.
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:49 pm

I want to see him in a horror flick though!!! He would have been an ASTOUNDING Freddy Krueger!
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:13 am

Yea, I made a topic about that once upon a time. Hes done almost everything but a horror movie. I bet if ever is offered the opportunity, he would do it... since he likes to shock people :D
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:20 am

yes..............i think he would be extremely shocking............lol.........

y'know..........the sort of role that would be awesome for him would be one that's really dark, devious and psychological........one that messes with our minds...........lol...........you get the idea........ :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby justfacts » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:34 am

I am kind of torn... Personally I like the comedy, Bruce Almighty and Liar Liar..
Being a mom and a teacher I love the kids stuff he does too. When my son saw Lemony Snicket he enjoyed it so much he read all 11 books within weeks...and he is 10.
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

Postby mav » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:54 am

That's great. If I were a kid I would enjoy Lemony Snicket books too. The concept of the kids facing evil and overcoming it with their superior abilities... escaping each time. It's thrilling. ummm....i feel like a 10 year old now...:lol

I (reluctantly) admit, Freddy Krueger would be tailor-made for him. I really don't like the horror genre.... but it's just my opinion, a very one-dimensional one for any performing artist.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Jimenem » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 am

If they ever re-make the nightmare on elm street movie, like they did with Amityville, They should cast Jim. . . If they make yet ANOTHER sequel Robert Englund is the ONLY man that could pull it off.

Jim as a cereal killer???? I love it!

Another best villain award! I can see it now.
"And accepting the award for villain of the year. . . Jim Carrey as Freddy Krueger!!!!" the crowd goes wild!! Standing ovation. By the way I'll be the guy handing him the award, Because I was the guy that suggested he play that character (is that too conceited?? I'm sorry)

Give it a shot Jim!!! You can borrow my Frddy glove if ya want to. :lol:

Ok I gotta calm down I'm getting too excited over a speculation, *takes deep breath* Ok all better. . . :wink:
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:42 am

Look what you've done now... I have a sudden urge to watch that movie.
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby justfacts » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:38 am

Wasn't the Mask originally supposed to be scary? I think I read that somewhere. But then Jim made it funny.
I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to scary movies
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy