Jim Carrey Online

Care to share a story?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Care to share a story?

Postby kasper » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:20 pm

I have an idea. Sucky? MAYBE! Oh well. Let me see if it will work.

I decided to create a topic to share our expressive minds to the other JCO members. I really love to write, so I thought maybe we could have some fun making short stories.

Maybe the story you want to write is about a short portion of something in your life, maybe its a story you thought up years earlier, or maybe its something you thought up just for this particular forum. Either way, express yourself.

The story MUST be separate, your own creation. Not continued from mine what so ever.

My story...

A lovely girl, around mid-twenties, walks quietly on the sidewalk of her local park. The wind blows swiftly past, as she carries herself towards no place in particular. The day is growing old as the sun slowly sinks behind a hill in the distance, but she ignores this as she continues walking further from her house.
Heartache pounds her chest as she crosses her arms, just glancing to the left to notice a tall dark man walking a large chocolate lab. He is the only one around, and she can’t help but stare at him. She suddenly wonders who he is, what he’s doing, where he’s going... and if he could use some company. She slowly stops, watching him as he continues on, having no idea of her presence. And though having not even seen his face, she was attracted to him. She was even falling inlove.
Tears are brought to her eyes, as she turns her gaze from him and continues walking. Her loneliness was killing her, inside and out. She was in dying need of someone to run to her, and tell her that they love her and have been searching for her.
...She was in dying need of her life story to be turned into a fairy tale.
Thunder is heard in the distance. She stops, once again, and looks to the sky to see dark clouds rolling in. She looks back to where she had last seen the mysterious man. He’s gone. She ignores the fact that she even cared, and turns around towards her home.
Her life story was just ending, and in only a moment she could have made conversation, delayed the fact that she was tired of living. Maybe even given herself a purpose to not give up, to keep going. But it was gone. Gone as quick as the sun had disappeared behind the hill.
It begins to rain, but she doesn’t notice. She just walks... half smiling, half crying. Wondering why she even cared, and wondering what her last moments would bring.

There you go! Your turn...
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:24 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ..............

awe jeez..............i don't think i can.........pass me the Kleenex.....

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:05 pm

Dumb And Dumber

Harry: Lloyd, we are being followed.
Lloyd: oh, yeah.
Harry: Yeah.
Lloyd: Who is it?
Harry: Looks like a walrus.
Lloyd: Why is he following us?
Harry: Because you have his fish.
Lloyd: I dont have his fish.
Harry: Then I dont know.
Lloyd: But I got worms.
Harry: Ok, throw it out at him.
(Lloyed throws the worms out and it splatters on the windshield of the car following them)
Lloyd: That didn't stop him. Maybe he wants us. Are humans tastier than worms?
(Harry stares at Lloyd)
Harry: I dont know.
Lloyd: Maybe he wants fish.
(Lloyd looks around to find something to throw out. He finds a stack of adult magazines)
Lloyd: Let's try these.
(He throws them out of the window. The car following them stops and they lose it)
Harry: That worked!
Lloyed: Yeah. What a walrus! I know what I'm taking next time I go to the zoo.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:22 pm

hehehe. Love.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:33 am

Heavenly Twist

A meets B. They fall in love. They are happy and have fun in their days together. Then B's best friend, C, dies and B is inconsolable. B becomes afraid of losing A who he loved so much. And it so happens that A dies too. B cannot believe it. He hears a voice from the skies that he could bring back one of the two from the dead, his friend or his love. After much thought, B decides to bring back A, for he loves her so. When A comes back, she is happy and the two spend their lives happily. At an old age B dies and reaches heaven, C confronts him. How could he betray his best friend in favor of some girl. B says "Wasn't it obvious? She had the money."

Intermission to reveal that A = Mary, B = Harry, C = Lloyd.

"You scoundrel!" says Lloyd, and proceeds to tackle Harry. Harry tries to escape and the two scuffle. The heavenly mediator arrives and banishes the two to the Northern and Southern part of heaven respectively. Legend has is that aurora borealis and aurora australis are actually Harry and Lloyd cussing and swearing at each other.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:34 pm

An image of me.

I hear the fan blowing beside me, I feel no wind... but I don’t wonder why, as my attention is on the faint cries coming from the room across the hall. I sit here in awe, starring at the door dozens of feet in front of me. I hold my hands together tightly, they feel cold. Tears begin to come down my face now. One, then two... and before I know it, they are unstopable.
I hear a woman speak loudly in the room. I listen, still starring at the door.
“I’m sorry, Dan. What more can I say? I’m sorry.”
I hear a loud noise of what sounds like a wet rag slapping against a wall... but I know the woman has been hit... and I just sit here, listening... feeling numb. I curse to myself, ‘go help her... you can save her. There is still time.’ ... but I don’t listen... not even to my own words.
“Please.” She lets her last word mutter out of her weak mouth. I can't stand it now... but no sooner then as I stand, I hear a gun shot... and I no longer move. The only thing now in action is my tears... still streaming heavily down my pale cheeks.
I could have saved me just then...
Now, I think I will let you in on a little secret... I’m dead, you see. The woman in the other room... well, that was me.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:33 pm

hhhhhhmmmmm.................sounds familiar...............
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby kasper » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Too be honest... I thought that at the last quote as I was writing it :| Maybe cause it ryhmes, and the rest of the story doesn't? Don't know.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 pm

Nice... you certainly have the makings of a writer, kasper!

What is familiar, fluffy?
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:04 am

Yes i agree it's a wonderful piece..........and i've said in another thread that Kasper should stick in with writing.......... :P

it's just this piece...............HHHmmm.........i think i may have read something similiar somewhere before...............possibly on this site..............HHHmmm.......i'm not sure though.....just a feeling......

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

"Image of me"

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:42 pm

Reminds me of a movie, I can't remember the title but it's the one
where the boy seems alive but he's really dead in the end.
Mav, I liked you're story, nice idea with the Aurora Borealius, reminds me of the Native tales, good one!
My story may take a little bit, allergies are bothering me and my brain works even worse than usual then.
Give me time, and I'll think about one.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:51 pm

I'll be waiting to hear it :D
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:25 am

Man on the Moon(?)

He looked back at his embarked space-station. It sat like a tripod on the rocky surface. He turns around and proceeds with his exploration, picking up rocks and other objects that might be of interest. He's takes short steps, afraid that if he jumped too high he might lose himself in space. What a terrible prospect! The heavy space-suit gives him a sense of security. A couple of steps more and he balks at the sight in front of him. A canyon. No, a crater. That's what it's called, he reminded himself. He stares transfixed at the grandeur of the sight. He couldn't help thinking that if he'd jumped too high he might even have ended up in this crater's belly! He must return now. It's time, its time....

"It's time. It's time". Pepper, the parrot is chanting like an alarm clock. Niel wakes up bleary eyed. It's 6:00 am. Yeah. Time to get ready for school.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:45 pm

Eternal Confusion of the Muddled Mind

Jeff had no idea where he put his house keys. Here he was all ready to go out to a friends house party and now he cannot find the darned keys. He mildly panicked, not because he was in a hurry, but because the last time he lost his keys he couldn't find them and had to change the the house locks. He could taste that bitter rotten luck in his mouth again. He gulped, determined to not let it happen this time. He purposefully went to the kitchen, searching the floor, under the refrigerator, sinks, behind the microwave, oven, inside them, even inside the refrigerator. He ended up throwing out half the outdated and rotten contents of the refrigerator and storage room, but no sight of the keys. He took a few deep breaths, shed his dissapointment and headed to the bedroom, his kingdom of chaos. Under the bed, behind the blinds, under the dresser, study desk, drawers, closet. An hour later the neatest bedroom in the whole town greeted him, but not the elusive keys, the blue plastic duck keychain and tinkle of keys teased his imagination. Dang it! Over to the bathroom, living room, under the carpet, the dustbins, even the toolbox, behind the television set, aquarium, even the fishes were suspect. But there was no fish in the house big enough to swallow two whole keys attatched to a keychain! It must be somewhere! Jeff settled on the couch and tried to rethink his actions in reverse before realizing the keys were lost. Ok, he'd gone out to throw the garbage. No, he thought, not outside. He stepped outside, it was cold and dark now, the party at his friend's long over and forgotten. He retraced his steps back to the garbage dump, searching the ground with his flashlight, his unblinking eyes not missing an inch of the ground. Finally he reached the garbage dump. Dare he? He looked around. No one in sight. He peered into the big dumpster, toppled it, found his trash bag and emptied its contents on the ground, scattering the bits of paper and last night's lasagna left-over. There! His fingers found the beloved duck keychain and precious keys! He clutched at it and let out a victorious hoot. It wasn't a party but it ended well.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:32 am

I really liked that.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to The Speakeasy