Jim Carrey Online

Will Jim ever win an Oscar?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Will Jim ever win an Oscar?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:12 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby Conor » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:40 am

i say give him 3 days.....or 2
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Pleading the Fif » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:32 am

I don't think he ever will and it's not because he is not an Oscar-worthy actor. However, with that said, I do think he will eventually be nominated. The powers that be at the Academy are a frat of sorts and choose frat type actors and actresses. Jim doesn't fit in that category to me. I remember when Lemony Snicket came out and Carrey went on Conan (or maybe Jay, I don't remember)... anyways, as the interview went on, Jim said that the only reason he was on the show was because he was contractually bound to make appearances and promote the movie. He then laughed off the comment but he meant it.

Jim is an actor of broad range (VERY broad range) and limitless talent. He is one of very few actors who aren't defined by their genre of choice. Tom Hanks and Jack Nicholson are others. He is very adept at comedy (duh), satire, and drama. However, he doesn't fit the mold of Hollywood, and although it may annoy his fans that he doesn't get the "ultimate" award (and I use the term ultimate very loosely) I look at it as more of a 'badge' of honor to not have an Oscar. Anyone who has seen The Truman Show and The Man on the Moon know what caliber actor Carrey is, and he doesn't need a statue of a naked golden man to prove anything.
Pleading the Fif

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:32 am

hey wanna hear what i have to say about your stupid summary....

get off the site.....people can post opinions that are bad.....only if you have been on here a long time cause then they will understand u.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:56 am

CONOR!!!!!! :shock: :evil: .............................

CHILL OUT!!!!!..................everyone is entitled to an opinion and PTF has a valid viewpoint!!!!!.......................

they make some good points, which i myself have stated at various times...........so unless you can come back, with a good and valid arguement Conor, you should just accept that you ain't gonna agree with everyone here!!!!!

fluffy :?
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:16 am

What's bad about the opinion, Conor?

The Oscar's are overrated....it's funny to see people madly scramble to get a seat on it. What is the big deal? They just throw a nice party :wink: Their choices are so uneven. The Golden Globes have more credibility....
-
Last edited by mav on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:22 am

hell, i think peer and public acclaim is worth more to the individual...............but that's because i'm not an actress (thank god! :wink: ).................But it's not the 'be all and end all'............

On the night they do seem to be a predictable bunch of (almost rigged) results...........but hell, we have the BAFTAS here...........and we do the same................we Always seem to go for the British actors..........

So politics and diplomacy seem to be as crucial as the actual acting............

fluff :wink: y
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:35 am

But the Oscar's are only for Hollywood movies, whereas Cannes, BAFTA etc. are (ostensibly) open to all nations. I wish the Oscar's were open to all too. haha what a melee that would be... :lol:
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:38 pm

ok i will never ever walk onto this topic again.....i hope...
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies