Jim Carrey Online

Bruce Almighty 2

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Conor » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:54 pm

ok i can see your point now.....
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Arutnev Eca » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:31 am

grinchy steve wrote:But now it's different. In 'Evan Almighty' it's more a new storyline with a lot of new chances to make this movie hilarious. It opens a lot of doors for funny scènes. Besides that, this time there is nobody replacing Jim Carrey, it's another Character.

Wasn't that exactly what happened with The Mask 2? I haven't seen it (and never will), so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought nobody replaced Jim Carrey as Stanley Ipkiss in that movie. It's just a new guy with the same mask surrounded by a bunch of new guys.

About the movie, I can't see "Evan Almighty" working at all. Steve Carrell is funny, of course, but the plotline sounds incredibly weak to me. Now God wants a second flooding and picks Evan Baxter?? Why Evan? I'm expecting a "I need a new guy for some reason, so I'm picking you because you were around last time" kind of explanation.
So this is another sequel of a Jim Carrey movie without Jim Carrey I won't see. I hope they reconsider it, and cancel this waste of time.
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

Postby ComedyJim34 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:14 pm

Oh no! This movie is going to ruin Bruce Almighty. Like Son of The Mask did to The Mask.
ComedyJim34
Once Bitten

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Arutnev Eca wrote:
grinchy steve wrote:But now it's different. In 'Evan Almighty' it's more a new storyline with a lot of new chances to make this movie hilarious. It opens a lot of doors for funny scènes. Besides that, this time there is nobody replacing Jim Carrey, it's another Character.

Wasn't that exactly what happened with The Mask 2? I haven't seen it (and never will), so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought nobody replaced Jim Carrey as Stanley Ipkiss in that movie. It's just a new guy with the same mask surrounded by a bunch of new guys.

Well, the thing is, that new guy tries to be The Mask as we know it. That doesn't work. Also, it's simply a weak cast, a weak story and an idiotic film.

Steve Carell IS Steve Carell, not someone that want's to be a second Bruce. He can do his own thing.
EDIT : Forgot this, honestley, I didn't think the storyline about Jim turning in to god because he complains a lot (hell, was he? I know different guys :D ) promised a good story. But that's the beauty of comedie. The story isn't exactly the highest priority if you can laugh your ass off.

Sorry, bad English
Last edited by grinchy steve on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Conor » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 pm

exactly....its not like someone is trying to be a character of jims....again...
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby Arutnev Eca » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:44 am

grinchy steve wrote:Well, the thing is, that new guy tries to be The Mask as we know it. That doesn't work. Also, it's simply a weak cast, a weak story and an idiotic film.

Ok, all right. If they were trying to imitate Jim Carrey's Mask, then there's a big mistake.

grinchy steve wrote:EDIT : Forgot this, honestley, I didn't think the storyline about Jim turning in to god because he complains a lot (hell, was he? I know different guys :D ) promised a good story. But that's the beauty of comedie. The story isn't exactly the highest priority if you can laugh your ass off.

Well, I think it had much more potential. He complains a lot and God was like "Let's see if you can do it better". That's an interesting premise, in my opinion. Simple, but interesting.
But now it's second flooding time (that alone doesn't sound good to me already. It looks to me like an easy resort.), and it looks like God will choose Evan as a second Noe just because Bruce isn't available and he was a funny secondary character in the other movie (He won't say that in the movie, of course, but that will be the real reason). I just don't see it strong or interesting enough. Besides, Evan sure was funny in Bruce Almighty, but I'm not sure this character would work as the main character.

Of course, I can be wrong, but for the moment I don't like the idea.
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:14 am

well personally i'm for it...............it's a different take on it........Toms directing and hell, if Jims not going to do it ...why not make it with someone else??.............

i think it'll do quite well.............watch this space........

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:55 pm

eaxctly....i mean as long as they were in the original/
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby nicesock! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:07 pm

I think this movie could be very funny. Steve and Tom are creative people in their own ways, yes even without our beloved Jim, they are still very clever. Just imagining some guy trying to build an ark in New York City, is a pretty funny sight. SO I am sure it will be great.
nicesock!
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I still don't like the floody, floody thingy

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:51 pm

God said he wouldn't do it again. I just don't like the floody, flood thing.
I believe fire is next. Why not go that route. Water has been used.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:29 am

yeah the chicago fire....
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby portuguese_girl » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:01 am

the film will be called Evan Almighty (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413099/)
portuguese_girl
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

RE: Bruce.

Postby Countess Olafina squalor » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:49 am

wierd. I kinda pictured it to be Jim getting his godly powers back on a vacation in greece and meeting Zeus.
yours sincerly, Countess Olafina equalor
Countess Olafina squalor
The Majestic

Postby Twigggy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:35 pm

Some other poster mentioned "God promising never to flood the earth again," and they're right. That's why he created the rainbow. Anyways the first Bruce Almighty was ok--it's my least favorite out of all Jim's movies directed by Tom; the ending bore me to tears. And the only reason why I kinda' enjoyed the first Bruce was of course some very funny scenes with Jim Carrey, and good acting by Morgan Freeman.
This movie will probaly bomb without Jim Carrey.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:38 pm

nope...............on the back of the 40 year old Virgin Steve Carrell will have another hit...............it's separate from Bruce now........

watch this space........................... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies