Jim Carrey Online

What is your favorite scene and moment in a Jim Carrey Movie

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby Clemmy » Sun May 15, 2005 2:49 pm

The book store scene in ESOTSM just breaks my heart.
"I had you pegged, didn't I?"
"You had the whole human race pegged."
"I still thought you were going to save my life, even after that."

That's a great scene too... and the one close to the end when they met at the beach and she steals his chicken and says... "that's it, Joel ... what are we gonna do..." and he replies "ENJOY IT!" ... :roll:

I just love this flick. I think we could go over every scene and find it fantastic...

I will watch Liar Liar this evening on USA... I will pay special attention to his scenes with his son.
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Janel » Sun May 15, 2005 8:43 pm

I would have to agree with every scene that was noted before me---there are so many....Bruce Almighty and ESOTSM are probably my favs but it is so hard to choose.....when God is singing the "clap on, clap off--the clapper!" song in Bruce, I love Jim's face and quip...

God..."No, but catchy tune, isn't it? Clap on, clap off--the clapper!"
"I can't seem to get it out of my head!"
Bruce....*you have completely lost it look on face*"Wellll....good luck with THAT....."
:lol: :lol:

When Joel is recounting the bird killing memory--also, when Kate is telling him to just wake himself up and he says, oh yeah, that's a great idea! I'll just open my eyes like this....and then he really wakes up....!

In Bruce when he is trying to affect Grace's free-will at the school and then drops his arms in defeat...
When Bruce gets hit by the truck/dies and has the conversation with God--"I want her to be seen always as I see her now, through You're eyes".....
God......, "Now THAT'S a prayer!"
Janel
The Cable Guy

Postby kasper » Mon May 16, 2005 12:16 am

Dido with the ESOTSM. All the romantic-like parts are my favorite. That whole movie was just... amazing.

I also like the hippo part in Ace Ventura: when nature calls.

And I like the ending of the Truman show... It ended just...perfect.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Harmoknee » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:32 pm

From the movie Bruce almighty, I can find nothing offensive about it I think that it was put together, in a way that we as thinking and caring indivuals could relate. There are several things that were said during the movie that touched me in a spiritual way . Such as when Bruce (Jim Carrey) said to GOD There all out of control and God (Morgan Freeman) said since when does anyone have a clue as to what they want! and when GOD told Bruce that a Single mother who works 2 jobs and still finds time to take her kid to soccer pratice that is a miracle, A kid who says NO to drugs and yes to an education thats a miracle. and my favorite is when GOD told Bruce people want me (GOD) to do everything for them and they do not realize is that they have the power and when GOD looked at Bruce and said "THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE,THEY KEEP LOOKING UP) as individuals when should already know to look within thank you for allowing me to express my opinion I personally loved the movie and when ever I feel lost or overwhelmed by life I put the movie in the DVD player and I get a brighter perspective.. WANT TO SEE, A MIRACLE BE THE MIRACLE

youre truly
Stephanie Lewis
Harmoknee[/quote][/list]
Harmoknee

Postby quirky » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 pm

My brother thinks that movie is blasphemy...but it's probably a good indication of what it would be like to have the control and responsibility that God does. I also love Morgan Freeman.

God is magnificent. I could not do the job that God does.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:02 am

Yes, Hes always here for us complainers and always listens to your problems. And never does He leave you hanging.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby skitzoskwerlgrl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:47 am

oh god, lets see here, i love it in Once Bitten when he's on the table thing and their both trying to get him to go to one another (the vamp and his friend), i like it in the mask when he goes behind the bar and turns into the mask towards the end, i like it in dumb and dumber when their in the car (any of those scenes) man on the moon, when he's doing the christmas thing at carnegii hall, bruce almighty, when he's trying to fix what he screwed up. i just love him. he's the most inspirational actor i've come across.
"That fate which condemns me, to wallow in blood, has also denined me, the joy's of the flesh" The Phantom of the Opera

"Angel of music, you desieved me, I gave my mind, blindly" - Christine Daae - Phantom of the Opera
skitzoskwerlgrl
Introducing Janet

Postby Conor » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:25 pm

NOTHING CAN BEAT BUMBLEBEETUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby skitzoskwerlgrl » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:22 pm

bumble bee tuna...BUMBLE BEE TUNA!! (swinging to the left) hi! Ace Ventura, pet detective, how are you this eveningaalllrryghty then! excuse me....*wispers* your balls are showing BUMBLE BEE TUNA!

great scene!
"That fate which condemns me, to wallow in blood, has also denined me, the joy's of the flesh" The Phantom of the Opera

"Angel of music, you desieved me, I gave my mind, blindly" - Christine Daae - Phantom of the Opera
skitzoskwerlgrl
Introducing Janet

Postby Conor » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:23 pm

yup especially

Skika
Shishkabob
Shawshank redemtions
CHICAGO!

oh your out of her

now go on

leave.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

oh god, here she goes....*takes deeeeep breath*

Postby skitzoskwerlgrl » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:46 pm

" Edward nigma, come on down, your the next contestant on....brain drain! um tee oo ah...i'll take what's inside thick skull number one, what have we got for him johnny...ooo stickly...im having a break-thru! had a breakdown? MAYBE! never the less, im smarter, im a genius, no, secral geniuses...a gaggle..a swarm....a flock of freaking frueds! *slaps hands together* RIDDLE ME THIS...fred. what is everything to someone, and nothing to everyone else....your MIND baby, and now mine pumps with the power or yours! *doing a little dance* i'm...sucking up your IQ....vacuuming vortex(?).....feeding off your brain! *does another little dance* FRED!!!!! *turning off the machine* what a RUSH! (S) what just happend?!? (E) a very surprsing side affect, while you where mesmerized by my 3d tv, i utilized your neuroenergy to grow smarter! (S) bruise wayen was right, you bizzarre, demented, unethical toad....it is brain minipulation! im reporting you to the fcc, the human expiremintaion board, the ami, and the police! you are going up on charges, to court, to jail, and then to a mental institution for the rest of your pinty little life, but first and formost nigma, you are fired, you hear me, fired!!! (E) oooooohhhh....i dont....THINK so... *pushes the boss down the hall ina rollly chair, only to be stopped by the chord from his hat* HANG ON! fred, BABE..... you are fired.....or should i say.....terminated! *man falls screaming to the river below* SURFS UP BIG KAHUNA!!!! OOOOHHH NICE FORM,A LITTLE RUFF ON THE LANDING, HE MAY HAVE TO SETTLE FOR THE BRONZE....HA HA HA HA HA! *retreating back into the building* questions mr. wayen....my work raises too many questions....why...hasnt...anybody...put you in your place *proceeds to rip out security camera*

wow....that took a long time to write....sadly thats all from memory and i can act that scene out perfectly in front of my friends. thank you, thank you!

skitzoskwerlgrl
Introducing Janet

Postby Conor » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 pm

sadly i think its so long i dont remember it. Batman Forever i have only seen once.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby skitzoskwerlgrl » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:00 pm

heheheh...i've seen all three of them a bunch of times....but i've seen that one most! in middle school, i used to sit there and act it out on breaks....hehehe...man my friends tought it was a dumb ass!!! oh....good times....good times! anyway, yea, that was a long ass post!

skitzoskwerlgrl
Introducing Janet

Postby Conor » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:42 pm

HAHA! my freinds would probably think i was insane for recitiing somtjing like that. even though i recited the first 10 minutes of Ace Ventura before classs
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

quotes

Postby joel barish » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:24 pm

ok here it is:

In Ace Ventura: Pet detective where he´s iabout to inspect the pool, where he says "if im not in back in 5 minutes, just wait longer" that´s hilarious...

And in Ace Ventura: When nature calls where he say´s "Bumblebee Tuna"

Eternal Sunshine: The entire movie

Man on the moon: The funeral scene where everybody cries and Andy sings that sweet song

The Truman Show: Where he bumps into the wall in the ship and starts crying and bangs the wall.

Doing time on Maple Drive: Where he´s having a speech for hes dad

but that was just some of them, there are many more.....i would quote all of he´s movie, but it would take to long.

Nikolaj.
"aaaaaaaaalrighty then"
"sss-smokin"
"if im not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer"
joel barish
Earth Girls Are Easy

PreviousNext

Return to Older Movies