Jim Carrey Online

Me, Myself & Irene - Psychosis v Psychpath : Charlie v Hank

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:41 am

and the news is FAR more violent :cry: ..........fact is ALWAYS stranger than fiction.............
if i could wave a magic wand we'd all live in hippy new age peace and love-dom...............lol..(i think i've read too many self help books.....)......lol

fluffy :P
Last edited by fluffy on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:53 am

We all know you love those self help books ,Jim. :shock: I mean Holly. I MEAN FLUFFY! :wink:
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:56 am

:wink: .............YOU ARE NAUGHTY!!!!!.............lol

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mav » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:25 am

hmmm.... people usually don't imitate the news. Its too boring and newscasters don't make heartthrobs.

Anyway, imitating the pillow scene is easy. How about imitating the scene where Hank beats Charlie? Flailing arms, twisted legs, shrieks, bruised face, throwing and dragging your own self on a railway platform.
Not very sure about the understanding onlookers and sympathetic girlfriend though. You may have to pay them.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:07 am

How about imitating the scene in the hotel room.

I'm serious. How about it? Anyone?

(Just kidding.)
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Filomena » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:23 am

Hmmmm, they're all good choices.

But it's a toss up between the chicken up the butt crack, or an engaging squabble like the one Hank had with the cow, complete with multiple gun shot wounds to the head and the annoying fingers up the cow's nostrils.

And then we can add the Dildo.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Re: Me, Myself & Irene - Psychosis v Psychpath : Charlie v

Postby carreyd away » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:55 am

wonderbunny wrote:I have a fondness for this movie as a great way for Hollywood to realize the difference between the two. Charlie was given medication for a disorder, and Psychopath Hank emerged.

I think you got this backwards, Charlie supressed his anger until he hit his breaking point and Hank emerged. The medication was taken to keep Hank at bay. So they were treating the disease with drugs, not creating the monster with drugs. Once Charlie left the hotel without his medication did Hank's truley evil side emerge in a cartoonish character.

This is a Farrelly Bros movie. Personally, I would never take a kid under 14 to see one of their movies, they always go beyond good taste in their films. They make adult oriented comedies (There's Something About Mary, Kingpin, Dumb & Dumber, Shallow Hal) That's why I go see them. I also don't think a teeneager who sees this movie is going to be influenced to the point to jump a train and beat people unconscious with dildos. The responsibilty is not of the movie makers, but the people around the teens creating an example of what acceptable behavior is. If they are recreating something, it's because they want attention... food for thought. I think MTV has greater influence in bad behavior than a film like ESOTSM. And no teenager I know would sit through ESOTSM, it is too cerebral and does not have enough action or CGI effects.

...but as for recreating scenes from the Me, Myself & Irene, I call the sleeper car make out session before the dildo clobbering. :)
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Filomena » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:01 am

And no teenager I know would sit through ESOTSM, it is too cerebral and does not have enough action or CGI effects.

Unless they're Jim Carrey fans.

Both my kids love Jim, and they sat through ESOTM without a problem. The oldest was 12 at the time, and the youngest was 8.

I guess it depends on the children.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby wonderbunny » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:03 am

I had to reflect on ESOSM, some of the story line left me confused and even unsettled. The Pigeon scene was definately not for me. I really became uncomfortable with the kitchen scene with Joel as a small child and Clementine doing a flash scene for the boy. What I wish there was more of was the relationship of Joel and Clementine. The partying bed jumpers were irritating. I'm sorry I have to say the movie did remind me of some of the poor relationships I've been in and I could relate.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

I'm responding to Carry'd away...

Postby wonderbunny » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:23 am

This is responding to Carry'd away, I guess you may be correct on the surface analysis of this particular matter. However true to Hollywood fashion, certain medications can invoke hostile behavior; ie antidepressants on hypersensitive people (who may be bipolar) can cause 'mania' and then aggressive and volitile behavior. If one has split personality which is not common at all but highly refered to in the movies and television. I just found the movie interesting because Charlie did suppress his anger to a fault, he was just a really nice guy who was contantly ridiculed and taken advantage of; everyone has a breaking point don't they. Maybe its not medicaton that's needed but a life change! :roll:
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Previous

Return to Stop The Press!