Jim Carrey Online

Just what makes Jim so special to you?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Postby fluffy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:24 pm

Psalm 51 is deep. Bruce Almighty did that for ya? I rented it again this weekend.

Um.........blimey i must be really shallow......... :roll:

i especially like Bruce, cause i thought Jim looked particulary tasty in it..........yep......he was scorching in it it.......hot hot hot.... :lol:

i guess simple things for simple minds........ :roll: :lol:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:54 pm

My youngest brother thinks "Bruce Almighty" is blasphemy....but the folks at Little Green Footballs take a "get over it" attitude.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Alyonushka » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:29 am

I just liked Jim's eyes... and from that time...

I always pay great attention to the eyes, I think we can learn a lot when looking at them.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby Jimenem » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:10 pm

I used to be a goofball, at church and school. Never got bad grades mind you, but I would always make wisecracks and do funny voices and faces and stuff. And when I found out that theres an adult who acts JUST LIKE I DO! I was hooked from there on scince about age 14. Jim is like an extention of myself on the silver screen. I used to act like Jim before I even knew there was a Jim, Not very many people can say that. Most act like him AFTER the've seen him, thats a rip-off in my opinion. Liar Liar was my first Jim movie. then Ace Ventura Locked it in for me!
Jimenem
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:41 pm

his eyes, smile, intelligence, sense of humor, talent, kindness, wittiness, and so much more. he has everything that I want in a guy and more.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby Cheryl » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:07 am

Laughter ............what a great feeling we want over and over ......Crazy people ..................who we want to be.............innocent......... how we want to stay.............
Cheryl
Finders Keepers

Postby asiebarth » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:34 pm

Liar Liar was the movie that hooked me. He was so sweet and funny in that movie! Ever since then I've thought that he is an incredible actor and person. Someone who has overcome alot of personal struggles in his life.

I also like that fact that he's not all over the gossip mags. He keeps it simple and does what he loves to do.

Jim, you continue to inspire me!
asiebarth
High Strung

Postby lammy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 am

Bah humbug...

I used to think he was hot but I just like his talent and even I think I am way talented than he is-just haven't had someone take a chance on me and never will that is why I rather stay in the reality than dream anymore.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:30 am

are you ok? what happenned to you girl!! snap out of it!
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Alyonushka » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:19 am

Every one has his own devils inside, JTCarrey. We have just a little desperation shit with Lammy. Let her overcome it herself.

I think a little thing have transferred from me, Hilda.
I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

Postby quirky » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:46 pm

JT Carrey wrote:are you ok? what happenned to you girl!! snap out of it!

I am totally picturing you doing the snap and everything!

:lol:
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby searching_for_sunshine » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:39 pm

i liked Jim in the ace movies cuz i really like moronic comedy (if you knew me, you'd know that i mean that as a total compliment) but it was liar, liar that hooked me and the majestic that made me a really like him as an actor. after that, i had to see every new movie he put out to see where he would "take" his character (although i have yet to see lemony snicket).

and of course, there is the sincerity and a little sadness behind his eyes that makes him irresistible and intriguing. totally the puppy thing but i love puppies, so there you go :lol:
searching_for_sunshine
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby chika girl » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:28 pm

I really like the second part of your part, Searching, where you talk about the vulnerability in Jim. I think that makes him so interesting in that he has a really fully rounded personality.

No offense to other celebs/actors, but I personally feel that there are those out there that were just in the right place at the right time, or knew someone. Jim's talents are so obviously original and creative. Did anyone ever see him in "Doing Time on Maple Drive?". You will see another side to his talent that was there long before he became famous.

Additionally, he is a truly sweet, caring man, and from reading others' posts on here, and how many people he's brought joy to, I would say (no blasphemy meant here) that he is an angel, if you believe in that sort of thing. He has had his own struggles with happiness, but along the way has shone his light on others, and that's why we love him. :wink:
chika girl
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby fluffy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:05 pm

The movie Simon Birch saw him narrating and acting in a film about a young lad with chronic dwarfism...(i believe thats' the politically correct term)........

i taught a wee lad in a very similiar situation.........not so much with the family issues obviously............and he didn't kill anyone with a baseball, but he faced similiar remarks and prejudice.......

It was a touching film for me, for that reason, and i thought Jims gentleness in his narration did it justice...............

i guess it's another reason why i rate him so highly as an actor...... :wink:

fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby DANIBLU3001 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:55 am

:shock: i make this question and i can't say because is hard to say someting about him i like the JC smile and the talent but this is not enought. To admire him about this things i think that is someting more, i like the person that he is.
I see him like a normal person (Duh! is normal Duh!
:lol: ) not a movie star (w/ glamour and bore)i think that is the diference.
*Sorry i don't speak english .. but i try*
DANIBLU3001
Once Bitten

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy