Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey and Angelina Jolie may costar in comedy

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey and Angelina Jolie may costar in comedy

Postby kasper » Tue May 24, 2005 5:23 am

Heard this yet?

"Angelina Jolie's next A-list romantic partner may be Jim Carrey. Variety reports that Universal has purchased a romantic comedy screenplay written with the two stars in mind. According to the paper, Carrey and Jolie had both expressed a desire to work together, and both have shown interest in the Universal script, written by Gina Wendkos, screenwriter of the Princess Diaries movies. Neither star is formally attached to the project yet, but a comedy would be a novelty to Jolie. The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny — unless you count her thickly accented performance as Colin Farrell's mom in Alexander."

You can check the article out here http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1030 ... 0_,00.html.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue May 24, 2005 6:22 pm

The Oscar winner has proven her versatility but has been everything but funny —

exactly................she does the dangerous, sexy, slightly mad female down to a T..............but comedy NO!!!!...........

it's just my humble opinion......but hey!.....watch and see :wink:

fluffy :P
Last edited by fluffy on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby kasper » Tue May 24, 2005 7:01 pm

Well, he wants to work with her... so can't help but wonder. Personally, I don't like her. I agree though, it would be a big suprise if she succeeded in a COMEDY.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Tue May 24, 2005 7:28 pm

I don't see why Jim is still doing movies for, he should retire, have more kids and relax with his wife and kids and live a life full of joys that his family would give him.

I think he should just stop working...I mean how many more MILLIONS does a person need in this life... :roll:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Tue May 24, 2005 7:44 pm

lammy wrote:I don't see why Jim is still doing movies for, he should retire, have more kids and relax with his wife and kids and live a life full of joys that his family would give him.

I think he should just stop working...I mean how many more MILLIONS does a person need in this life... :roll:

Jim is working coz he hasnt had a successful marriage yet & he will be very careful marrying again this time so he is taking his time to trust a person & decide whether the girl he is dating is the right woman fo rhim or not. Marriage doesnt mean stop working but ya he can take a break. In fact he is currently on a break & enjoying his life isnt it. :D

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue May 24, 2005 7:54 pm

i don't see why Jim is still doing movies for, he should retire, have more kids and relax with his wife and kids and live a life full of joys that his family would give him.

I think he should just stop working...I mean how many more MILLIONS does a person need in this life...

GGGGrrr :evil: ............bunkum, tosh........absolute rubbish............Kids are not the holly panacea of happiness..............

perhaps the man actually enjoys working..............
perhaps it gives him a real sense of purpose and achievement...
perhaps it stimulates him creatively...............
perhaps he has a very real need to be creatively involved in the film industry............
perhaps he enjoys his independance............
perhaps your views are somewhat archaic..........
and besides, he's still a young man.......why on earth would he want to retire????

so why then, should he give it all up to marry and raise a batch of kids??
He's got his daughter, perhaps one is enough....... perhaps not....but time is on his side after all.......... :?

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue May 24, 2005 8:15 pm

fluffs :P
Last edited by fluffy on Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby mrsjec17 » Tue May 24, 2005 11:37 pm

I don't want this to happen either. I don't like Angelina Jolie. I think she will be horrible in a comedy and truthfully I would prefer if she was never associated with Jim. I think she's bad news. Besides I heard this news a while ago and haven't heard anything since, so maybe it won't happen. Maybe Jim is having second thoughts as well.
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

Postby lammy » Wed May 25, 2005 5:07 am

fluffy wrote:
i don't see why Jim is still doing movies for, he should retire, have more kids and relax with his wife and kids and live a life full of joys that his family would give him.

I think he should just stop working...I mean how many more MILLIONS does a person need in this life...

GGGGrrr :evil: ............bunkum, tosh........absolute rubbish............Kids are not the holly panacea of happiness..............

perhaps the man actually enjoys working..............
perhaps it gives him a real sense of purpose and achievement...
perhaps it stimulates him creatively...............
perhaps he has a very real need to be creatively involved in the film industry............
perhaps he enjoys his independance............
perhaps your views are somewhat archaic..........
and besides, he's still a young man.......why on earth would he want to retire????

so why then, should he give it all up to marry and raise a batch of kids??
He's got his daughter, perhaps one is enough....... perhaps not....but time is on his side after all.......... :?

fluffy

Whoa...you are right but,

Perhaps he wants to settle down and have a traditional family enviroment-yes, in this life you have to work...but there is a difference between working and being a workaholic.

Anyway, who knows what he is really thinking or wanting- :(
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 25, 2005 10:50 am

but some people are inextricable linked to both..........the ideal situation is a job you love and excel at AND a wonderful home life/relationship .......it's juggling them which is hard........
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreyd away » Wed May 25, 2005 11:01 am

fluffy wrote:she does the dangerous, sexy, slightly mad female down to a T..............but comedy NO!!!!...........if she tries SHE WILL FAIL!!!!.......................people laugh at her .....not with her.......and she will hammer both her carreer and Jims if it goes ahead........

it's just my humble opinion......but hey!.....watch and see :wink:

Agreed! She's got one really good character that she can play well, but has no sense for irony. She's able to bat her eyes and pout her lips and smile her wicked smile and get away with murder. The trailer and clips I've seen for Mr & Mrs Smith look pretty sad, and she's playing a comedic role in that too. She is a beautiful woman, but she should stick to her butt kickin action roles.

Jim said on Ellen DeGeneres show that comics have a sick need to entertain large groups of people. Not your friends at parties, but audiences.

Besides, if he quit acting, what would we do? Let him have his holiday, grow his snaggly beard and disappear so he can regenerate and surprise us with something great.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby fluffy » Wed May 25, 2005 12:11 pm

i'm sure it will be worth the wait......... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby MissGahanannaStrikesAgain » Wed May 25, 2005 12:26 pm

I think Jim and I should go away to a private island and get pissed drunk.
He does work too hard.....but in my opinion, when someone tells me a millionaire works hard ...I laugh. I have a problem with millionaires who claim they work hard. Of course they have more responsibility and added pressure, but how do you explain the everyday average American who has 2 kids and needs to support the kids with 3 jobs. I feel fortunate I am not in that position, but so many are. Millionaires work hard in their bubble of a world. The outside world is actually in alot of trouble. I think Jim does work hard at his talent but in the bubble-world of Hollyweird where everything is given and money keeps rolling in.....I'm sure it becomes so typical that you forget the rest of the world.
MissGahanannaStrikesAgain

Postby fluffy » Wed May 25, 2005 12:51 pm

i think once you are rich enough to afford your own Gulf Stream Jet, the money is incidental...............he either works because he loves doing it or because he has a real need to keep busy and involved in the industry............or possibly both...........
but to suggest he retires at 43 is ludicrous.........he could try different avenues such as writing or directing but he's probably flirted/flirting with both anyway........... :wink: ............

He has a completely alien lifestyle to most of us.........it'll have it's good and bad points too...........
But as arguably THE most powerful man in Hollywood he'll take the rough with the smooth to achieve his objectives.......whether or not you think they are not worth it, as long as he keeps working he obviously thinks it's worthwhile..........and who are we to argue.....? :wink:

ps................since i don't drink (boring i know.....lol)....i'd prefer a 'road trip' through Italy on the Harley.....stopping off in anonomous little B and B's.........eating in local cafes and playing on the beaches...and writing funny stuff along the way...........completely anonomous..........to give him a break from Jim Carrey Megastar................... :lol:

sigh...a girl could make herself really sad thinking about it.....lol :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby kasper » Thu May 26, 2005 3:48 am

I can't picture him retiring, to be honest. Thats just crazy. Hes too young, and not to be judgemental here... but I bet hes enjoying what he is doing. I honestly don't want to think about him retiring... that is a depressing thought... for me. So, maybe I think he likes what hes doing for that reason. But, hes still young[ even to me ]... too young to retire or "take a break". Hes got to be having fun with what hes doing or he wouldn't be doing it anymore.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Next

Return to Stop The Press!