Jim Carrey Online

Do u think Jim Carrey ever come into "Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: Plenty of Ideas

Postby lammy » Wed May 11, 2005 2:56 am

Shadow Mancer wrote:Jim has plenty of his own ideas. But all the years I worked on this site and moderated this forum, I saw some wild coincidences. Not many, but a few. He borrowed Tom Jones' dance moves (which he publicly admitted to). Why not a few ideas from posts on the forum?

SHADOW MANCER :twisted:

What's your problem...you havent posted anything he could use-

:D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 11, 2005 4:00 am

jimaverick wrote:Some things come with 'Dissatisfaction Guaranteed'

Now I must return thanks for another hearty, hearty laugh....Neeta.

Can I get a Hee Haw?
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 pm

I could live with that if he adopted some of our funnier stories/comments.........

but i have to say i would be a tad worried ,as i have a typically British 'toilet' humour and have been a little crass at times............

Retribution?.......eh Jim??..............lol :lol:

nicola :lol:
Last edited by fluffy on Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby JT Carrey » Wed May 11, 2005 8:48 pm

now I'm scared that Jim read all our stories about loving him *sexualliy* LOL hurry girls hide everything, or was that just me?
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 11, 2005 9:03 pm

JT Carrey wrote:now I'm scared that Jim read all our stories about loving him *sexualliy* LOL hurry girls hide everything, or was that just me?

Just you. :wink:
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Wed May 11, 2005 9:06 pm

:P
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 11, 2005 9:08 pm

i'm not scared.........just downright embarrassed....i am not depraved or anything......... :D

fluffy :P
Last edited by fluffy on Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby JT Carrey » Wed May 11, 2005 9:31 pm

hehehe ;)
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Whatever

Postby Shadow Mancer » Wed May 11, 2005 9:51 pm

lammy, I have no problem. I'm just observing. Being a former Editor-in-Chief of JCO puts me in an interesting viewoint from experiences of behind-the-scenes workings of JCO that you wouldn't have any idea about.

Ironically enough, one of the big reasons I quit was because of all of the nastiness I kept getting from people like you. Thanks for bringing back some warm, fuzzy memories. :evil:

*throws up hands in release*
Y'now what, believe what you want. You can believe that Jim is perfect and Divinely inspired for ALL ideas he has, and therefore deserves to be worshipped.

Me? I see a regular homosapien, a regular guy with faults, who has a lot of talent for acting and gets paid a lot of money to do it. I see a guy who gets ideas from what he observes around him, sucking then in like a sponge, and uses them creatively.

As for this thread... and this board, I'm outta here. Nothing has changed. You present a particular viewpoint and you get attacked.

The old saying goes "The only thing constat is change." There's some something else that's constant. The JCO message board's fan ravenism.

God-forbid you mess with somebody's Golden Calf...

GONE.
SHADOW MANCER :evil:
"Funny the things you remember, not so funny the things you forget..."
Shadow Mancer
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby quirky » Wed May 11, 2005 9:55 pm

Aww shadow mancer. Please don't go. It's a big board.

You're gonna show me the great pic of you with the mask on and then leave?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 11, 2005 10:07 pm

i agree with Quirky..................don't go SM...............i don't want to be the only one to iritate people....... cheeky lol :lol:

your view is every bit as important as the next person..........otherwise there would be no real discussion/debate.....

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Requiem » Wed May 11, 2005 10:20 pm

Interesting...
"Confutatis! Maledictis! Flamis acribus addictis!
Requiem aeternum dona eis Domine!"
Requiem

Postby JT Carrey » Wed May 11, 2005 10:33 pm

yeeeeeeeep ;)
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mav » Wed May 11, 2005 10:39 pm

SM - Don't leave for just one comment. We are listening to you.

About your observations - assuming its not a coincidence ofcourse, IMO it would be more of a wink than a pilfering of ideas.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 11, 2005 11:38 pm

As for this thread... and this board, I'm outta here. Nothing has changed. You present a particular viewpoint and you get attacked.

SM, I recently agreed to moderate. To be honest with you, I did that because I don't see on THIS board a lot of the nastiness I've seen on other fan boards. In a Utopian world, it would stay the way it's been for the past several weeks where quite a few people are just having some giggles and sharing some thoughts without a lot of tension. In other words, kind of like life. There are going to be people who irritate you and bumps in the road, but instead of packing it in and letting it ruin my bliss, my philosophy is to roll with it. If someone posts something mean on here, it really says more about the poster who types it than it says about the person to whom it's directed. You can't unsay a word, but you can always apologize.

I think there are many different levels of fandom...and they've been pretty equally represented here, from what I've seen. No one has threatened to seek me out and destroy me because I haven't seen every Jim Carrey movie. In fact, I think lammy answered on another thread that she can count the ones she's seen on one hand. There's some irony.

I hope you will stay and let comments that you think are personal or abrasive kind of fly by. I guess, not wanting to be presumptuous...if things get REALLY genuinely mean and nasty, that's what moderators are here for. Although I promised Tommy I would not use the "nuclear option" until I was fully trained.

It would be a shame to lose any fan who has a lot to offer the forum. I *did* really enjoy your "Mask" pic.

Please, I hope you'll stay.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy