Jim Carrey Online

Steptoe and Son

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Steptoe and Son

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:01 pm

Calling anyone at all who remembers Steptoe and Son ..................
an amazingly funny, yet traditionally British comedy about a Rag and Bone man and his son.............

Steptoe is the grubbiest most unhygenic little old man and Harold his son feels he should be aspiring to opera etc............it's very much in the Ealing comedy genre.......but it has a strong poignancy and goes into the relationship between father and son...
They did do a film of it but since it's from the 1960's it's poor quality...

I think Jim should ressurect Harold and his dad, set it in the 60's ....it has a bit of slapstick and 'how's yer father'? but not a remake......a new story using the original characters............... :wink:

i can see Jim, not as the youngish son but as the grubby old man......lol....the character, whilst revolting demands you to feel sorry for him........y'see his son doesn't really want him there.........and his son doesn't really want to be there......but they are totally dependant and linked......................it's just that they don't recognise or admit it......
check out-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/artic ... 6035.shtml

check out the clips too..........
what do you think???

fluffy :P
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:08 pm

Guess what? America took "Steptoe and Son" and turned it into "Sanford and Son".

Some changes were made.
I still watch the reruns occasionally on Nick... "Elizabeth....Elizabeth...I'm coming to join you Elizabeth!"

http://www.tvland.com/shows/sanford
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Sun May 01, 2005 12:58 pm

hahahahahaa....where would someone get a name steptoe and son......ahhh....i love the british.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Return to Upcoming Movies