Jim Carrey Online

Earth Girls Are Easy

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:12 pm

No, thanks. Perhaps I am going to buy some day something I really need there but as long as it's not that important I don't want to risk it.

Btw: Earth Girls Are Easy came today, woohoo. I already watched some scenes. Man, Jim has blond hair there and looks a little bit odd, hehe. I will watch it this weekend or the one after that because I don't have much time at the moment.

@Nano: Is "Einmal beißen bitte" only available on VHS? I saw it at Amazon as a VHS but not as a DVD.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Kate » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:22 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Yeah, that is really bad. I don't have many DVDs with this crap but some. "Pulp Fiction" and "From Dusk Till Dawn" have German subtitles when I want to watch them in English. That is so disturbing that I don't watch them in English but only in German although I would like to see them in original language.

i dont understand it because its a dvd and you'd think they would have realised that they could have the dvd in two languages...

cos what gets me is that the menu and everything is in english and then it has these subtitles, and its just like, well a) you dont need to have fixed subtitles and b) why not make the menu foreign as well?

urgh.

In random news i have to wait 4 - 14 working days for my earth girls are easy dvd.

Well from last wednesday, so i'm somewhere in the middle at the moment. But things i order tend to get lost in the post anyway...
Kate
The Dead Pool

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:57 pm

Yeah, that's one of the cool things of DVDs: You can change the language and you can normally choose if you want to have subtitles. I also don't get it why they made those subtitles that one can't make away :roll: :roll: .

This long delivery time period is really bad. One time I ordered a book I needed for school in America and they said it should come in two weeks. Instead of that in came after two months....
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Kate » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:35 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Yeah, that's one of the cool things of DVDs: You can change the language and you can normally choose if you want to have subtitles. I also don't get it why they made those subtitles that one can't make away :roll: :roll: .

This long delivery time period is really bad. One time I ordered a book I needed for school in America and they said it should come in two weeks. Instead of that in came after two months....

amazaon lost my last orders....

i had to complain and then it was shipped asap
Kate
The Dead Pool

Postby Nano75 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:41 pm

@Blunt: Yes, "Einmal beißen bitte" is only available on VHS in Germany. Or you order the original DVD on amazon.com.
"Whatever makes you feel good when you sit down and do it,
is what you should be chasing in your life." - Jim Carrey
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby Conor » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:21 pm

i was laughing at this movie all the way through. it was hiiiiiilarious. i got it off of ebay in mint condition on dvd for $4.48 baby!

whoo

do not go in there!-Ace Ventura
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:55 pm

I watched it yesterday and I don't like it very much. Jim is seldom there and the jokes in the movie are often very bad. But a very funny scene was the one where the aliens come the first time into the house and make the noises they hear there. They make some kind of music with the "miau" of the cat, that sounds funny, hehe. Or in the outtakes there is a scene where Jim and another alien sit in the car and the second alien is screaming in such a funny way that Jim himself had to laugh :D :D .
But all in all not a very good movie.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:15 pm

i disagree. but watever. we all have different opinions.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:05 pm

Yes but I watched Dumb and Dumber yesterday for another time and I recognized why the doctor in Earth Girls Are Easy looked so familiar. It's the bad guy in Dumb and Dumber :shock: :D .
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:35 am

oh my god blunt your right. thats awesome
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Previous

Return to Older Movies