Jim Carrey Online

Jims personal life

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Jims personal life

Postby fluffy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:07 pm

Any up to date news??.......................... :lol:
:lol: he makes me want to clasp him to my bosom whilst stroking his hair.................... :wink:
Last edited by fluffy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Filomena » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:46 pm

I think we're all curious about his personal life, but as you can see from the lack of responses to your post, we're all a little hesitant to ask questions or start a discussion about it. Nobody wants to spread rumours or be accused of gossiping.

I definitely think he's in a different place in his life, where he's probably doing some reflection about what he wants and what is important to him. I think we all get to that place at one point.

I hope he takes some time off to enjoy his life, spend time with his daughter, and think about where he wants to go in this journey called life. If anything important or different happens to him along the way, i'm sure he'll let his fans know when he does his interviews.

As long as we get our Jimmy Fix and he continues to do movies that we love and enjoy, then I'm happy!
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:26 pm

crumbs...............i guess that makes me a fishwife then........ :wink: but it's not as if i'm going to meet him and curiosity is a natural emotion........

but i do have to say that Jim Carrey is achingly beautiful...... :) although i doubt he'd see himself as that....(.....it's not a very macho description i know...lol....)
But there seems to be a whole chasm of pain behind those eyes and he uses it to amazing effect in his work.........
When he talks about ESOSM he says he couldn't have done it without his past experiences..........i guess it proves that out of the bad there comes the good eventually..........

PS. Hope i haven't offended anyone..................... :) But i just wanted to express how amazingly diverse he is as an actor.......
ttfn
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:54 am

Fluffy - I enjoy your writing style and agree with some of your observations.

Also, you said "fishwives" and that reminded me of a monologue I did in high school.

I was so bad that I am still laughing at myself a long time later!
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Penni » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:51 am

Jims Personal Life is his own business and rightly so. However i do have the same opinion as you do. I know somebody that is incredibly close to me and they have the exact same bipolar disorder as Jim, the person i know is a complete reflection of Jim (incredibly funny but also very self destructive)

Looking at it from a psychological point of view and experiance, he is a lonely and troubled man and unfortunetly i doubt he can hold a relationship down for any longer than a year. People with this disorder have terrible mood swings and can be very anxious or be in a complete euphoric state. It is hard to deal with and i guarantee not many people can cope (I find it hard to cope at times talking to the person about the same thing up to 4 hours at a time)

Jim constantly say every thing is ok never great or amazing showing some level of denial and loneliness (no man in their 40's enjoys bachelor hood)

i dont want to sound rude but since we were on the topic i thought i would share my info with you.

I hope Jim Carrey can settle down and find the true meaning of love but unfortunetly i dont think it is possible :(
Penni
The Duck Factory

Postby Filomena » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:48 pm

I know he's admitted to depression, but I don't think there are any facts to support he's bipolar.

Whatever his personal pain, I think he's got the right attitude. I don't think he's in denial, I think he prefers to dwell on the positive things in his life, instead of the not-so-positive. Just think about how his earlier life, and how the odds were against him ever making it as a mega movie star. But he loves his work, he probably throws himself into it whenever he's lonely, and then he comes out on top, grateful that he's living his dream.

I don't like to be pessimestic, and I believe that one day, at the right time, he'll find true love. He already got rid of the Prozac, alcohol, drugs and cigarettes - no small feat!

I think we should applaud him and say, keep it coming Jimmy Bean. You're on the right track!
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby mav » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:56 pm

Penni - I'm sorry to hear about your friend; hope he is getting the right treatment.
I dont think Jim is 'troubled and lonely' beyond ordinary. Isn't he doing quite well considering that he has a great job, is grateful for the love of his family and feels blessed. I think he analyses things through and that helps in making him the creative and fun person that he is.

Fluffy - I concur, those eyes can melt any heart.
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby kasper » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:39 am

He loves what hes doing too much to settle down and get married again. I mean, he WOULD have to settle down, because for people who are as good as Jim at what they do, they can never keep relationships going because they are so busy all the time. I'm sure that takes a lot of part in his past marriages.
He has his daughter, he has his fame... and he still dates. I personally think he isn't lonely... but hey, hes really secretive about his relationships and personal life... so, i'm not sure anybody knows but himself.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:42 pm

Everyone is curious. i havent got a clue bout it tho.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:08 pm

:lol: ]
Last edited by fluffy on Thu May 05, 2005 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby joy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 am

Mr. Hilary Swank is Chad Lowe,what did he mean by:"she could work a room"?
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:01 pm

it must be a dreadfully false existence in Hollywood,
...... for once, i'm glad to say i'm a perfectly normal, well adjusted elementary school teacher, .....lol ...even if it does sound a little dull.......... but i'm not at all matronly so that's ok...........lol

:lol:

fluffy

p.s i hope he makes time to hang out with ordinary folk too.......so he can feel 'real' again.......he deserves all the happiness in the world....there are too many false parasites in the fame scene.. :wink:
Last edited by fluffy on Thu May 05, 2005 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:28 am

But then it must be a dreadfully false existence in Hollywood

I think it's a fickle city. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the entertainment that comes out of it...actually, only sometimes do I love the entertainment that comes out of it... :lol:

That sort of existence has to be a bit "hollow", though. I don't mean that ALL performers are hollow, but that there must be an exterior you have to present due to omnipresence of the media and other onlookers. It would be almost stifling to never let your hair down, or be unable to trust those around you.

I imagine that it would be easy to fall so much into that pattern of suppressing your human self and projecting your celebrity self that you might find it hard to relate to another mere mortal on the intimate (getcher minds out of the gutter, not THAT kind of intimate :shock: ) level neccessary to maintain a committed relationship.

I should go to bed....I'm sounding like Dr. frikkin Phil.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby joy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:03 am

Networking, getting contacts etc...................as if it were more important than being with the bloke you love..........i guess he felt her career came first in her eyes.....

Well you`ve just descrived half of Hollywood.
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby Penni » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Off the topic i know but iam just being curious!

Why did Jim and Lauren end up divorcing i thought they were happey together (and who is Ed Burns) 8)
Penni
The Duck Factory

Next

Return to The Speakeasy