Jim Carrey Online

Disneyland

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Disneyland

Postby Cheryl Anna » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:07 am

I've been planning a trip for over a month-it keeps getting postponed.
Anyway-I was wondering
What does Jim Carrey do when he goes to Disneyland?
Does he rent out the whole park for himself and his friends so that they can have privacy?
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby kasper » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Well, to be honest, I doubt that he would waste so much money on getting everybody kicked out of Disneyland for a few hours. Its pretty big, is it not?
I heard somewhere, I believe... which I'm not intirely sure, so don't take my word for it... that Jim took his daughter Jane to disneyland but the trip didn't turn out to swell, because fans were recognizing him and wanting autographs, etc.

Sorry, but that is kind of a hard question to answer... but I thought I would since I heard a few things about him going to Disneyland :D
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 pm

no idea but I know he has closed down Six Flags Magic Mountain to celebrate a wrap party for Bruce Almighty.
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MrsCarreyToBe » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:25 am

they closed all of six flags down for him? dang

i wonder if disneyland would close down for him.
j u l i a.
MrsCarreyToBe
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby carreyd away » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:15 am

I know Disneyland hosts private parties for companies and celebrities in the hours after they close for the public, like 9 PM to 4 AM. You have to have a special ticket to attend, like a laminated backstage pass. It really wouldn't be that hard for anyone to do it.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby quirky » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:22 am

JT Carrey wrote:no idea but I know he has closed down Six Flags Magic Mountain to celebrate a wrap party for Bruce Almighty.

Fun with Dick and Jane, too. I found the March (I think) issue of People that had the blurb.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Cheryl Anna » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:35 pm

That is so nice and generous of him to rent Six Flaggs Magic Mountain for his friends. It's nice there, but I prefer Disneyland (Its closer, and its more handicapped accessible).
Disneyland is fun-I don't have to wait in line. I rode 3 rides in Fantasyland in 15 minutes, once.
Disneyland is close to the college I went to: California State University Fullerton. It was so hard to be stuck in finals, and look out the window at the Matterhorn in Disneyland in the distance.
Cheryl Anna

Postby Cheryl Anna » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:07 pm

Oh-I have a suggestion if Jim Carrey wants to go to Disneyland.

He should go with a person in a wheelchair. People in wheelchairs do not have to wait in line and up to 3 people in their party can go with them on the rides. If there are more than 3 other people in the party-then the others have to wait in line and the wheelchaired person can wait for them at the front of the line.
And, I don't think that fans would bother him so much if he is pushing a wheelchaired person. --Or, at least, maybe fans would be more respectful of his privacy.

I don't know about parking. Handicapped people used to have parking near the front, but that was before "California Adventures" was built.

And, yes, I am transferable (I can stand with support). So-rides like "Splash Mountain", "The Haunted Mansion", etc. are no problem. The only ride I can't go on is "Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom" That ride is too jerky.

I do not necessarily mean me-I'd be happy if Jim Carrey just went and had fun. :) :o
Cheryl Anna

It sure would be a good disguise

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:45 pm

I think that would be kinda neat, I'd like to see that.
Send me a picture when it happens Cheryl.
Great fun!
A dream is a wish your hear makes!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby xmassmurdere » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:07 am

it costs a lot to close down a park for a private party dont it ?
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby MrsCarreyToBe » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:13 am

im sure it cost a pretty penny.
j u l i a.
MrsCarreyToBe
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

When are you going Cheryl?

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:42 pm

I'm planning for December, around Christmas Holidays,
if it happens, I haven't been back to Florida for ages and I believe
it's about time. Christmas in Florida, sounds good, I love the snow
but sometimes a little bit of sunshine can go a long way.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby comicpisces11 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:25 pm

FYI- If you are a celebrity, you contact Disney ahead of time and they have a PR person set aside for the day(s) to guide you through the park. I went on this specific type of tour and it was definitely the way to go. We didn't have to pay for anything, including 4 nights in their finest resort hotel. The PR person knew EVERYTHING about Disneyland and shared all of the secrets with us (including all of the hidden Mickeys around the park). The greatest thing is that we weren't photographed (which I couldn't believe, but our guide had a little mic clipped onto his shirt like an undercover means of communication...this could have had something to do with it). We were able to get on Space Mountain (my favorite ride) 5 times in a row without having to stand in line and sit down at my favorite restaurant, The Blue Bayou, without a moment of waiting.

No paying, no waiting in line...just a little inspiration for those of you who are planning on using your creative talents as a means of financial support. It pays off!
Profound words are not clever. Clever words are not profound. -Verse 81 of the Tao Te Ching
comicpisces11
The Mask

Postby Filomena » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:03 pm

Okay Comicpisces11!

A little innuendo here, and a little innuendo there..... are you hinting you're a celebrity?

Obviously, you don't want to blow your cover. But we can all keep a secret here.

Is it TV? Film?

Do you hang out with people like, oh I dunno, Martha Stewart? Or with Lindsy, Hilary and/or the Olsen twins?

The next time Jim closes down Six Flags, do you think you'll be invited????
Filomena

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:08 pm

lol............either that or he's Walter Mitty..... :wink:

:lol: Fluffy :P
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Next

Return to The Speakeasy