Jim Carrey Online

Adam Sandler beat Jim?!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Adam Sandler beat Jim?!

Postby FunnyGirl » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:03 am

*tsk tsk* Adam Sandler beat Jim Carrey on the Kids Choice Awards- and I thought JCO voters would have him win! :( Personally (not to offend anyone), I don't like Adam Sandler very much.. Well, mostly 8 year olds are voting for this thing, not older kids. Jim probably showed up to receive the award too! I was gonna tape his speech but... oh well. You know, I think Jim Carrey should host the Academy Awards-- he'd be hilarious!!!! Only, the Academy dislikes him for some reason. :?: :roll: Reply if you agree with me!

Also: One or two years ago Jim showed up to be the "secret slimed celebrity" (lol). Kids' Choice Awards isn't over yet. Maybe it's him..? (he likes the color green...) :?:
FunnyGirl
Once Bitten

Postby cotton » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:47 am

Well, mostly 8 year olds are voting for this thing, not older kids

yes but there were a few older kids that voted for him that I know of. :wink:

You know, I think Jim Carrey should host the Academy Awards-- he'd be hilarious!!!! Only, the Academy dislikes him for some reason

It would be awesome if he did. He gets the offers but he turns them down. He said it would be too "Hostyness" I am not sure if that is how you spell it. Is it even a real word???lol Hmmmm..... Maybe that is why the Oscars ignore him. Maybe they are mad he turned down their offer to be the host.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby kasper » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Ok I taped the whole acadamy awards and kids choice waiting to see Jim Carrey and I didn't see him once. I found out after I watched the whole acadamy awards that he said he didn't want to go as a presenter this year... which I can understand that... but I'm wasting my money on tapes, here!!! I thought that this time I would see him... I mean come on, he was nominated!!! But, I was wrong. I was so mad that Adam Sandler beat him. I don't even like Adam Sandler. He acts the same in every single frickin' movie.

But your right... he would be awesome as a host... I was actually thinking that last night. I'd have a none-stop smile on my face, that is for sure.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:01 pm

Ya, I like Adam, but he is nothing compared to Jim, i mean come on, HE Jim Carrey.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Gouliovandamn » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:22 pm

i hate adam sandler.... his movies arnt even funny.... they are just stupid comedy..... Jim actually has something called talent and is witty when he makes jokes.....
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby idle kid city » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:51 am

Yeah I was REALLY dissapointed Adam Sandler beat him. I was a bit confused too because I dont know if anyone saw the commercials for the kids choice awards, but I saw Jim up there with a bald head and holding a blimp (on the commercial..) Sooo...I wonder if that was from..last year? Or was last year when he got slimed? Could anyone explian what I saw? lol..
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby cotton » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:49 am

The clip they showed was from last year. Jim got slimed in 2003
Last edited by cotton on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby IloveJimCarrey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:35 am

NOOOOOOOOOO! that is not fair! Jim should have won! He deserves it WAAAAAAAY more than Adam Sandler, i dont like Sandler that much.....Jim SHOULD HAVE WON! :cry:
Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches.
-Jim Carrey
IloveJimCarrey
The Dead Pool

Postby IloveJimCarrey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:42 am

but I saw Jim up there with a bald head and holding a blimp (on the commercial..)

no, it couldn't have been last year, cuz i don't think he shaved his head till late last year.....but i dunno
Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches.
-Jim Carrey
IloveJimCarrey
The Dead Pool

Postby kasper » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:05 am

I know I saw him on the commercials too... accepting an award and I guess walking up to accept an award. It made me mad when I saw that he wasn't on it at ALL!!!

I guess the only part worth watching was seeing Johnny Depp get slimed :P
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby IloveJimCarrey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:12 pm

Gouliovandamn wrote:i hate adam sandler.... his movies arnt even funny.... they are just stupid comedy..... Jim actually has something called talent and is witty when he makes jokes.....

OMG! TOTALLY! haha, me and my friend were mad that adam won, and we were acting out a "play" of Jim and Adam getting into a fight, and Jim won, of course :lol:
-Jim Carrey
IloveJimCarrey
The Dead Pool

Postby FunnyGirl » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:28 am

i hate adam sandler.... his movies arnt even funny.... they are just stupid comedy..... Jim actually has something called talent and is witty when he makes jokes.....

Ya, I like Adam, but he is nothing compared to Jim, i mean come on, HE Jim Carrey.

I don't even like Adam Sandler. He acts the same in every single frickin' movie.

I don't even like Adam Sandler. He acts the same in every single frickin' movie.

NOOOOOOOOOO! that is not fair! Jim should have won! He deserves it WAAAAAAAY more than Adam Sandler, i dont like Sandler that much.....Jim SHOULD HAVE WON!

OMG! TOTALLY! haha, me and my friend were mad that adam won, and we were acting out a "play" of Jim and Adam getting into a fight, and Jim won, of course

YES! Thank you all for agreeing! I DO NOT LIKE ADAM SANDLER AND HE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT AWARD. I was afraid at first to post my full opinion because I thought you guys might be big Adam Sandler fans or something, but now I realize that.. Jim Carrey fans have the same mind. :idea: :wink: Also:

It would be awesome if he did. He gets the offers but he turns them down. He said it would be too "Hostyness" I am not sure if that is how you spell it. Is it even a real word???lol Hmmmm..... Maybe that is why the Oscars ignore him. Maybe they are mad he turned down their offer to be the host.

What? He turned it down? Cotton, I had no idea!- where did you hear that? :?: It's such a great opportunity.

I guess the only part worth watching was seeing Johnny Depp get slimed

I'm all with you, Kasper! I adore Johnny Depp.. In fact, in place of the Adam Sandler speech I taped Johnny Depp being slimed! At least I was a bit satisfied after the show.

It's more fun being on this fansite forum than others I've been to. Everyone has a sense of humor, you know? (how can you not have a good sense of humor and like Jim Carrey?!) :D

~FunnyGirl
FunnyGirl
Once Bitten

Postby kasper » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:47 pm

Yea, I thought that maybe a few people would have a spasm attack on me after I said I didn't like Adam Sandler, too. But my goodness... whoever likes Jim Carrey, has him number 1 in their mind...and if that isn't how it is, then your insane. Hes uncompairable to any other.

But yea, I was still disapointed at the end of the show, anyway... but I had the ending to remind me that my time wasn't completely wasted.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:45 pm

WHY DID MY LAST POST GET DELETED????? :evil:

What? He turned it down? Cotton, I had no idea!- where did you hear that? It's such a great opportunity.

I will answer this again. But I hope it doesn't get deleted this time. He said on Howard Stern (2003)it is too Hosty-ness and when he gets asked he turns it down cause it puts an actor in another catagory.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Kate » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 pm

Actually i like adam sandler movies.

But i do agree that they are basically one idea through the whole thing.

He always plays a man angry at the world and yet through some wanky coincidence he makes good.

I didn't think his 'straight' acting in punch drunk love was that good, but i like quite a few of his films.

Having said that i think that the manjority of Jim's films are much better than Adams, and if Adam was nominated for his role in spanglish then there is something wrong because that film was naff.

meh, just thought i'd stick up for adam a bit. But given recent work i think Jim should have won, adams been going down hill since big daddy (which btw is a class film)
Kate
The Dead Pool

Next

Return to Stop The Press!