Jim Carrey Online

I Am The Walrus

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

I Am The Walrus

Postby asrai » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:35 pm

I'd heard he did a cover of this song and found it today and was wondering if anyone here knows how this came about. Was it in a movie, was it for the heck of it? It's really very good.
asrai
Once Bitten

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:57 am

yeah I know. the producer of the Beatles' albums, George Martin, did a whole album where he picked movie stars to do certain songs. Well, the producer knew Jim loved the Beatles, and Jim was chosen to do I AM THE WALRUS just cause Jim is that talented and could do the song perfectly. Low and behold, this George Martin was right and Jim did do a really awesome job singing/performing the song. The album is called GeorgeMartin IN MY LIFE. it even has the story of how all this came about in the cd booklet that comes with the cd. cd is sold at all stores. good luck finding the cd. it's really good.

Peggy
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby TNPihl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:48 pm

You can download the song and see a little video here:

- I Am the Walrus - Special
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby asrai » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:48 am

Hey, thanks for the info! I've always known he could sing but I was really impressed by this recording. I've been thinking I'd love for him to do a role in which he sings more. Aahhh, that would be nice.
asrai
Once Bitten

Return to The Speakeasy