Jim Carrey Online

Sending to home addresses

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Sending to home addresses

Postby Conor » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:18 am

is it illegal to send a letter to jims actual home even though he prolly almost likely wouldnt respond? i really want to know because i did.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:39 am

im not sure. i dont think so. so many people probably find his adress and do. At least its not as bad as if you were going to his house stalking him. i dont think it is. why does it matter? its just a letter. if he gets bitchy about it, hes not who i thought he was. i dont think so lololol hehe
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby MrsCarreyToBe » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:58 am

he might not respond but i dont think he'd be mad
j u l i a.
MrsCarreyToBe
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby jimlover » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:17 pm

But plzz tell me one thing that if he receies every letter himself or his secretary receives those first???i mean if i send him any letter will he receive it directly??/ :?:
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby chika girl » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:43 am

Has anyone tried this? I've got to think he doesn't open his mail, one reason alone for safety. Well, best to you Jim. I wish I didn't have to open all of my mail! So much of it's junk! However, it's nice when you get a surprise in there from a friend, like my good friend from H.S. who just sent me a CD mix she made for me. I would miss that element of surprise and fun. It must be a very strange way of life to have everything "handled" for you, don't you think???
chika girl
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby kasper » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:21 am

I don't think that he'd get pissy about it for sending it to his home address at all. I wrote him about a month ago but didn't get a reply. I wasn't expecting it though but I know that he wouldn't care.
And to be honest, if he even DOES read his mail[which I'm sure he doesn't read ALL of it] I don't think he'd reply unless it was important or something other then saying how big of a fan you are and how much you love him... I mean come on... he wouldn't have the time.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby IloveJimCarrey » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:35 am

no, i don't think he would get pissed either, if he did, then that's not the same Jim we know and love! but yeah, he probably won't reply
Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches.
-Jim Carrey
IloveJimCarrey
The Dead Pool

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:49 am

i wrote to his home address on 615 Tigertail Road and the mail got sent right back to me with red stamps all over it. it sucked. never sent another letter to his house again.

Peggy
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby carreyd away » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:53 am

I wrote this on a different thread, they had asked if the celebrity address books were accurate:

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of those addresses are inaccurate. I have a friend who is a well known celebrity, he has all his personal mail sent to his manager's office. His manager doles out bills to his accountant and personal mail is delivered through his assistant. Any mail that comes directly to the house is usually destroyed and packages sent back "return to sender." If you saw the amount of mail from people seeking jobs and money, along with money-making opprtunities junk mail, it would fill an entire room in his house before a week's end. That's why they don't respond to anything delivered to their houses. So if you don't get a response, don't feel singled out. If you do get a response then you are indeed one of the lucky few!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Tigertail Road????

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:21 pm

That is so funny, reminds me of the advert for Tony the tiger,
and the cereal. Anyone remember those old tiger tails you could buy
years ago, orange and black. I don't know if they went on the end
of the car ariel, when cars had ariel or what, I even remember the smell
linked to the tail.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to The Speakeasy