Jim Carrey Online

Mabey Jim should win an Oscar just for the speach

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Mabey Jim should win an Oscar just for the speach

Postby joy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:51 am

I think the worst thing about the Oscars are those damn speaches, how many times must we hear :"God","I don`t deserve this","I`m so lucky","I never thought I would win"etc. This year the speaches were especially dumb:Jamie gave the same speach from the Golden Globes,it sucked at the Globes and it sucked now(he thanked his dead grandmother :roll: :roll: ) and Hilary was horrible:''I'm just a girl from a trailer park who had a dream.'' :roll:
Also, I wish they would stop with the crying,it`s boring.Chris Rock is right if they would act in their movies as good as they act at the Oscars we would have much better movies.
I want Jim Carrey to win just because I wanna hear an original speach.
joy
Mike Hammer: Murder Takes All

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:52 am

TOTALLY AGREE! I hated the speeches of Jamie Foxx's and of Hilary Swank's! THey sucked. I thought Hilary went overboard and she sounded like a 10 year old up there when she yelled the trailer park thing. I was like "what a cop-out!". and then Foxx's speech. I noticed he did the exact same speech from The Globes. . . ugh. pathetic. yeah, well said joy!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby xmassmurdere » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:21 am

yah i agree with you
some people are just running outta ideas or somethin but it is just getting REALLY annoy hearing the same thing if theyre gonna do that might as well just say "thank you for the award, get me a few more" and then sit down
:twisted:
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

RE: Jim oscars.

Postby Countess Olafina squalor » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:34 am

speaking of speeches at award ceremonies....Remember when Jim won the award for best villain at the MTV Awards 2001? Wasn't it clever the way he mimed the whole speech?
yours sincerly, Countess Olafina equalor
Countess Olafina squalor
The Majestic

Postby carreyd away » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:24 pm

My favorite was the spanish singer who won for best song. They did not allow him to sing his own song in which he recorded for the film, instead they asked Antonio Banderas. Antonio is a good singer but it was just rude to not let the original artist to perform. He's huge in Spain but unkown here. Anyway, I loved that he walked up, sang a verse a capella, said "Thanks" held up his Oscar and walked off. Brillant! Best "speech" of the evening!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Alyonushka » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:09 pm

They should adress me to write them a good speech... I didn't like the Oscar. Where was Jim? But I liked Natalie Portman. Oh how I like her!!!
Alyonushka
Bruce Almighty

RE: OSCARS.

Postby Countess Olafina squalor » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:03 am

The bit i liked about this years oscars was when Edna Mode from The Incredibles came up on stage and helped Peirce Brossman host the award of Best Costume Design.
yours sincerly, Countess Olafina equalor
Countess Olafina squalor
The Majestic

Postby quirky » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:40 am

I got sick of Beyonce, personally...

There ARE other singers!

But I can't criticize the actors for their speeches. It has to be an overwhelming moment.

Jamie's speech made me cry.

I'll agree Hillary's wasn't so good, but this year's Oscars were weird. I wasn't even sure how much time they had.

I can't imagine...what I would say. I think Hillary was surprised that she won.

And I liked Jamie's speech. I like the reality...not the scripted in awards shows.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby joy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:21 am

I absolutley hated Jamie`s speach,I hope he doesn`t win anymore awards because he might say the same stuff and try tocry again.
joy

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:40 pm

wow. thats harsh! jamie probably rele dedicates it to his grandmother, she probably was always there for him. and Jim would prabably dedicate his to his father. he always said he was his inspiraration. He might cry too, because he has always wanted an oscar and has been working so hard for it. So you know what....GRRRR. i dont want to say anything to get me kicked off. sometimes, sure, they are corney, but some of them are good. and jamies was good. and so would jims.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby joy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:04 am

If Jim does that I`m going to stop being his fan,I like Jim beacause he`s diffrent,crying at the Oscars doesn`t show you`re diffrent.
joy

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:43 am

you wiuldnt like him just because he would cry? He can still be different and cry, that doesnt make him the same as everyone else, he will always be different , i mean come on! HE IS Jim Carrey. He will never be like everyone else!
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby quirky » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:38 am

joy wrote:If Jim does that I`m going to stop being his fan,I like Jim beacause he`s diffrent,crying at the Oscars doesn`t show you`re diffrent.

But let me tell you, crying because you're paying tribute to the woman who raised you....who died not long before you got the monumental recognition...and couldn't be there with you...sure shows you're human.

To me, at least.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby joy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:13 pm

But let me tell you, crying because you're paying tribute to the woman who raised you....who died not long before you got the monumental recognition...and couldn't be there with you...sure shows you're human.

Oh please,Jamie was definetly faking it,he had the absolute same speach as he did at the GG.Yes it`s O.K. to cry after a loved one has died but Jamie was just pathetic.
Anyway, I wasn`t talking about crying because somebody died,I was talking about crying because you won an Oscar(Hilary,Halle Berry,Tom Hanks etc.).
I have a good opinion about Jim and I don`t see him cry like that at the Oscars(except if it`s a joke).
joy

Postby joy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:13 pm

Oh please,Jamie was definetly faking it,he had the absolute same speach as he did at the GG.Yes it`s O.K. to cry after a loved one has died but Jamie was just pathetic.
Anyway, I wasn`t talking about crying because somebody died,I was talking about crying because you won an Oscar(Hilary,Halle Berry,Tom Hanks etc.).
I have a good opinion about Jim and I don`t see him cry like that at the Oscars(except if it`s a joke).
joy

Next

Return to The Speakeasy