Jim Carrey Online

Has anyone met Jim Carrey?

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Has anyone met Jim Carrey?

Postby MichelleCarrey » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:06 am

I've met him twice (very quickly), but I always like to hear other stories as well! :)
MichelleCarrey

Hey MichelleCarrey!

Postby JimCarreyschick » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:25 am

Hey MichelleCarrey,

How are you? My name is Jennifer but I like to go by Jen. You've met Jim twice? you're so lucky, What's he like? Does he have a nice smell? sorry to be so nosey but I'm so curious. I wish I could meet him someday and I've been waiting almost 10years for my wish to come true. I bet he's so nice and easy going, it'll be 10 years since I've become a fan of his on the 15th of September. I can't believe how time flys eh!, I would've been able to meet him in Toronto but because I'm visually impaired and can't drive I wasn't able to and on June 23rd/04 when he got his star in TO was my birthday and that would've made my birthday. I wish I would've had the chance to meet him, I would be so happy. A few others have met Jim and could tell you more about it though but I haven't unfortunatly. Where did you meet Jim Carrey? Take care now bye bye then!

Jen Carrey! :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby jimliker » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:02 pm

hey MichelleCarrey
...u r really a lucky gal. i have never met Jim but wish to meet him 1 day. i became his fan since i was 14 yrs old. in these 9 yrs my luv has grown for him & its at the stage of eternity... :wink:
plz do tell us that how did u meet Jim? whats he like? his behaviour....etc.

take care,
priya :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby MichelleCarrey » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:38 am

I met him twice in Toronto. And beleive me when I say, it was quick. The fist time was when Conan O'Brien came to Toronto for the week of tapings. I stood in line for 9 hours (I know it's crazy)... BUT I ended up in the front row! I could not beleive it. Jim Carrey is my ultimate favourite over anyone. So it was amazing to say the least. On commercial breaks, he would come up to the edge of the stage and give us little dances (you know, fooling around, being goofy). It was hilarious. Afterwards, he didn't stick around, or at least we didn't think so. I ended up going out the side door, and when I got out there, there were a ton of people standing out there. I guess they somehow knew that Jim would be leaving through that door as well. I stood out there for a few minutes right by the door, and there he was! He popped his head out... and then stepped out for a few minutes to sign some autographs. He said hi to me (also said hi to many others as well! :) and signed some autographs, and then a ton more people crowded around... and he got pulled back inside (I'm assuming to leave through a more private exit).
THe other time I met him was at the Canada Walk of Fame in Toronto. I met him out front, before we went in for the awards presentations. He ran by a long row of us, saying stuff to us and giving us high-fives. I was hoping I could actually get up close and personal once we were inside but it didn't work out. On commercial breaks, people were going up to the front row where he was sitting and actually meeting him and getting his autograph. Of course I took too long to decide to do this myself. I left my seat, went downstairs (from the balcony seating)... and went to the side stage door. I didn't think they would let me in, because I didn't have a seat down there. The girl actually started to give me a hard time, but I told her it would be on a commercial break anyway and a lot of other people were getting out of their seats and approaching him, and he didn't mind AT ALL. SO... she let me in the door which led to the front row seats (on the commercial break). Of course it was the commercial break right before he was to go up on stage! As soon as I walked in, he was getting out of his seat and exiting through the door on the other side of the stage.... to prep himself before going up on stage. I was pretty disappointed. This would have been my chance to actually meet him without tons of people around.
Needless to say, I stood off to the side of the stage (by the exit doors) and watched the rest from there. So that was pretty awesome as well. Instead of watching from my balcony seat, I got to watch from the side of the stage pretty much. I watched as Jim accepted his Star. His speech was hilarious! I loved it regardless, I just wish I could have "really" met him. Maybe another day...
MichelleCarrey

Postby samurai_cable » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:04 am

Wow... :) That's so cool~ I've never met Jim before... given the geographical circumstances :? I never even came close to meeting...... First, I'm like in Hong Kong, which is miles and miles away from the U.S.... now I'm in Melbourne.... nope, not doing too good with the distance.... but I do hope I get to go to Hollywood one day.... or somewhere he goes often... like the carwash... as he said on Oprah... lol...
Or yeah! I would love to go on the David Letterman show, or Oprah, if they interview him again that is....

It seems as if he never comes down under much.... I don't think he'll be visiting Melbourne either.... oh well..........

I would love to visit Jim's hometown... Toronto~ I go for the Raptors by the way :D

ReMichelleCarrey: I'd stand in line for 9 hours too!! I hope you really do truly get to meet him one day! That would be really awesome :o If only that woman didn't give you a hard time...... but anyway, you did get to see him by the stage~ That would be maad!!

Take care now, bye bye then 8)
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby JT Carrey » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:43 am

I've met him
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:43 pm

you are so lucky.

i hope i meet him someday!!!!!!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jimliker » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:38 pm

hey MichelleCarrey...this is really cool. at least u got to c Jim closely....i am so unlucky :cry: as i am miles miles away from him....i hope Jim comes to India soon then i will also have a Jim story to tell all of u :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:10 am

yeah even though i live in indiana thats still far.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:10 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOOK ME UP PPL, SERIOUSLY, HOOK ME FUCKIN UP. IF I MET HIM ALL MY DREAMS WOULD COME TRUE. ALL MY PRAYERS AND HOPES, SERIOUSLY I AM FUCKIN HIS BIGGEST FAN HOLY SHIT
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Conor » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:58 pm

bellleive me. even if anyone could they wouldnt becausethey would want time a lone with him even though he would have a body guard standing over her every fricikin second lololo
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:51 pm

I've never met his body guard the many times I've met him lol
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:31 pm

wow so in other words technically hje doesnt have body guards?
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby JT Carrey » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:41 am

he does but he doesn't have them with him all the time, I've seen him once, but he didn't say anything to me...once out of like 100 times lol
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:45 pm

haha yeah you see him too much
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Next

Return to Older Movies