Jim Carrey Online

some Jim quotes i didnt understand

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

some Jim quotes i didnt understand

Postby jimliker » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:36 pm

hey guys i read some Jim quotes in his interviews which has some deep meaning in them....which i couldnt understand....plz read it & explain them to me.
Carrey about his character, Joel, in ESOTSM : "It's one of those rare times where you are involved in something that makes you thankful for your painful experiences," says Jim. "I could not have played the part without living it."

and

As successful as he may be, Carrey waxes lyrical when it comes to discussing the effects of that success on his love life, or lack thereof. He has no idea whether his private life has suffered as a result of his ever-burgeoning success.: "Not because of my CAREER necessarily. Maybe I focus a lot on that so that becomes the driving force. I don't know what the answer to relationship is. I know that I am basically a very simple guy who values a real relationship." At present, Carrey says that he is "having fun dating. I don't have a steady, but it's still okay and cool." Carrey is unconcerned as to whether or not women are attracted to Carrey the man or the image that he projects. "I don't spend a lot of my life trying to figure out what people's intentions are; I let THEM screw up. If I meet somebody who comes at me with a friendly face and it is not a friendly face, then ultimately that's their hell. I try to trust people right out of the gate and that's just how I approach it. Otherwise, you get completely paranoid and end up in a room growing your fingernails," he concludes laughingly.

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Trish » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:33 pm

The way I am getting it is (and I can identify with myself on that quote from Jim) that he is saying Because of the things he has gone through in his life that created certain painful situations it was through that knowledge or experience that he was able to tap into the charactor more and for that he was thankful for the bad experiences in his life since he used it for something good which was to deliever the charactor well and how the charactors piece was supposed to be felt. Hope I wasn't off base but I use this as well in my stand up. It allows you to at least use some crappy things in your life and turn em right side up for a sec and put out some good from it. In his case that would be acting roles.

2nd one. It appears he has a good head on his shoulder regarding people. He has made a choice not to be nasty and mean and just take everyone at their word and display of friendship and whatever until they screw up and prove otherwise to him. He doesn't seem to spend wasteless time in over analytical methods on people who meet him or have friendships with him etc. Basically he's a good guy who just lives life as a simple as possible not owning everyone elses crap! IT also appears that if they do screw up that is on them and he by no means owns their ugliness and continues on his way to being Jim. There you go. My educated 2 cents for ya. LOL! One thing in comedy for me? You have to live this way in order to not loose sanity and worry what others say about you or why their spending time with you. Usually if it's not for the right intentions it will be revealed and you just move on from them etc. Not that I'm really big or anything so I'm not speaking of "OH I KNOW" BUT ONE DAY I WILL. LOL!
If your not having any fun...chances are you might need to check for your pulse. Make sure that thing is pulsin and stuff.
Trish
Introducing Janet

As An Actress...

Postby FutureStar1977 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:28 am

As an actress myself, I can totally understand what Jim is saying in the first quote you mentioned.

It is called "method acting". There are many forms of method acting. But one of them specifically is called "Affective Memory". This is when you use your past experiences or feelings to bring out the emotion and feeling in your character and acting. After going through many breakups, Jim used those experiences and recalled the feelings that went with it to bring Joel to life in ESOTSM.

As for quote number 2, I think that Jim is simply saying that he does not want to think that people only like him for the fact he is famous. But that he wants them to like him for him. People's true intentions and true feelings come out in time. So he lets that person screw up, and once that person screws up, it allows Jim to see them for who they really are.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby jimliker » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:29 pm

tks a lot Trish & FutureStar1977.

Jim is such a gr8 guy. hats off to him :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to The Speakeasy