Jim Carrey Online

Worse Jim's movie :-(

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:09 pm

Eternal Sunshine of the Spottless Mind.

Batman Forever was also a bad movie but Jim has not the mainrole there so I don't count it. Btw: I bought it cheap some days ago. All in all it is yet a better movie than Eternal Sunshine.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Edward Nygma » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:46 pm

:( Am I reading this correctly? :(

You think Eternal Sunshine is Jim's WORST? :?
But...It's like the best film of the year!!! And one of Jim Carrey's best performance!
What didn't you like about it? I love that movie! Everything about it! And I think it's one of Jim's BEST!

As for Batman Forever, I've always liked that movie even though compared to the 2 previous Batman films it is bad. I think it's funny, entertaining (if very silly) and Jim is on top form.
Mister E. (aka Cablo Gula)

http://cablogula.tripod.com
Edward Nygma
The Truman Show

Postby thecablegal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:25 pm

The Mask is the worst IMO, but only cos it seems old to me now! I prefer the new stuff that he has done!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:09 pm

@Edward: Yea, I don't like Eternal Sunshine and I think I am nearly the only one here who thinks so. But in this movie there doesn't happen anything interesting. Silly dialogues, a very depressive atmosphere and stupid silly characters.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby samurai_cable » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:07 am

Everyone has different opinions.....

Maybe Copper Mountain is his worst... but then again, he was just starting his career.

I do change my mind about Man on The Moon though, because I watched it again and I like it~ It's just like how I used to dislike Dumb and Dumber because I thought it was too stupid, but now i can't get over it :D Did i saw that before? i can't remember...
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby Binx » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:17 am

I'd have to say both Copper Mountain and Earth Girls Are Easy. Copper Mountain- because it was short there was too much cheezy music and it got really annoying, EGAE- because he hardly ever mutters an eanglish word and when he does he has no idea what he said and i though it was just really weird.
Happiness is abundant, when you look for it.
Binx
Introducing Janet

Postby Edward Nygma » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:35 pm

:D lol!

At first I didn't really like Earth Girls Are Easy but I have to say it grew on me! The second time I saw it, for some reason, I really enjoyed it! :?:

@ Blunt: Maybe that's the answer! Please go and see Eternal Sunshine another time, I'm sure you'll change your mind! :P
Mister E. (aka Cablo Gula)

http://cablogula.tripod.com
Edward Nygma
The Truman Show

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:48 pm

Yes, perhaps. I didn't like Man on the Moon when I saw it the first time but the second time I thought that it is great.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby jimlover » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:32 am

i thknk its cable guy.i dont luv the movie for its story.but i luv Jim and his acting in this movie. :D
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

r u all crazy

Postby syd pridel » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:42 pm

r u all crazy, cable guy is the best one, well one of but anyway just to answer.. the worst one r as follows, in first place by miles has got to be 'all in good taste' then 'peggy sue got married' and then in 3rd 'the majestic' but anyway on a happy note the rest rule the land and before i go i my need to put 'earth girls are easy' in the bad list but it be unfair as i've not seen it.
http://www.randomboo.com/

Exclamation of contempt occurring without definite aim reason or pattern

http://conscienceofconsciousness.randomboo.com/
syd pridel
High Strung

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:05 pm

I have not seen those old movies but I would also put "The Majestic" into the bad list and I also think that "Cable Guy" is a very good movie. I can't understand why so many hate it, I even heard that it were a flop. Jim is playing a little bit the evil psycho there but the film is still very good and more than Jim's other movies until then than these dramatic ones like "The Majestic" or "Eternal Sunshine".
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Natural_dreams » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:33 pm

I didnt think 'Bruce Almighty' was that good! it could of been a bit better but all the other films were ace!! :wink:
Natural_dreams

Postby jims_lost_daughter » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:15 pm

WHA??? Jims Protrayed a great andy kaufman. No it wasnt my favourite but he did a good job on it. And I LOVE the Cable Guy ...I dont know why so many people dont like it. I thoguht it was funny. But ...For a movie I wasnt a big fan of.......ummmmmmmmmmm.......i guess... the majestic. It was o.k ...but it is like the only one im not that big a fan of. That and man on the moon, but i still say he did a rele gud job on it.
jims_lost_daughter
Yes Man

Postby Blindkid » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:02 pm

I used to dislike Dumb and Dumber because I thought it was too stupid

When you first watched it, what were you expecting? Citizen Kane? :D

Anyway, I would say Earth Girls Are Easy, but I even gave that movie a 6/10 and I don't particularly view it as a Jim movie. If I had to name the worst Jim movie, I would probably say Ace Ventura When Nature Calls. I like the movie, it just kind of pales in comparison to the first Ace and other Jim Carrey movies. Also, I've never quite liked Steve Oedekerk's directing skills too much. I liked his Thumb movies, but I hated Kung Pow. Maybe it's just me.
June 24, 2005
Fun With Dick and Jane
Blindkid
Copper Mountain

Postby Doobie_Snacker » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:59 pm

Once Bitten
Last edited by Doobie_Snacker on Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Doobie_Snacker
Introducing Janet

PreviousNext

Return to Older Movies