Jim Carrey Online

Announcing my retirement

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Announcing my retirement

Postby JT Carrey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:18 pm

As much as I enjoy Jim Carrey Online, I'm not going to write or respond to messages anymore, this board has gone downhill and I feel like most of it is gossip and I don't want to have any part in that, so I'm not going to be part of it anymore. I've been around Jim for the past two days and I just feel wrong being on here if you must know. Anyway, just saying that I'm outta here and I hope everyone enjoys it without me.
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jc_#1fan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:58 pm

sorry to see you go, and good luck!! :(
Show some Love!
jc_#1fan
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:27 pm

Yeah, what a pity. Cya.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby THE 5th KIND » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:05 pm

seriously?-
I´m really sad about reading this.-you`ve been here for such a long time.-
it`s you`re decision, but you`ll leave a big hole behind.-
best wishes & Carrey on
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby Unchained » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:40 pm

We'll miss you.
Unchained
The Majestic

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:52 am

really sorry to hear this but I kind of agree. sucks. . . especially about the future stars since 1977.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby thecablegal » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:45 am

Good Luck with everything, and take care of yourself, make sure you say hello on MSN now and again!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

What's Wrong?

Postby FutureStar1977 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:21 pm

carreypunkrawker wrote:really sorry to hear this but I kind of agree. sucks. . . especially about the future stars since 1977.

I thought we had worked everything out here, Peggy. And we were okay and friends again.

What does this comment mean?

EDIT NOTE: I took the comment carreypunkrawker made in the wrong way. Peggy and I have talked just a few minutes ago and she explained what she meant by that post.

So everything is fine between us now. She did not mean it like it sounded. She meant it to say that it would suck especially for me since Juliette and I are friends and she would not be around the board anymore.

So it is all good, everyone!!

Besides, I don't gossip on this board about Jim or anything. Hell, I barely even post. I have been a member since 2001 and I have only posted around 117 posts total. I don't see it as any one person's fault, anyway.
Last edited by FutureStar1977 on Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Cheryl Anna » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:30 pm

Yes, I do understand how you feel JT. If I knew Jim Carrey then I would not be able to 0ost or leave messages here. It would be such a betrayal, to him as a friend.

As for me-it does feel like the board is into a boring lul Many times, I do not leave any messages-seems too gossi0y here.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:19 am

yeah. confirming Marissa's message. Sorry if anyone else took it the wrong way. I'm not out to hurt Marissa or anyone else.

Hopefully, JT will get withdrawals and come back. I understand what she's saying though. I understand what we're all saying! It's just hard to express it.

Later!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

I'm going with her.

Postby cableclair » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:59 pm

Hey guys, big hug to all of you, I'm leaving for the same reason.
I actually already left quite a while ago, no idea if anyone noticed, but I just faded away.

I found myself visiting this board less and less, and when I did, I was feeling the more uneasy about what I read.
Juliette is right, way too much gossip, especially lately.

I want anyone to know I mean well, and that I'm not attacking messages in general, or members, because everyone has their own right to post whatever they want. I don't look down on it or anything.

People DEMANDING way too much about getting to know facts about Jim that really, really in the end, do not matter, and are quite frankly none of our business.

I feel like a lot of people here are treating Jim like an animal in a circus cage, people can make their own opinion on weither they do or not and see if they are fine with that.

I know I'm not.

I love Jim, a ton. And therefore, I'm leaving this board. Because I wish him to be treated humanly, and being treated like the celeb he is, is not humanly and I don't want to be part of that, I don't want to treat him that way. It's just a choice I make.

I feel there is also not enough space for the members here sharing how they feel themselfs about *other* things than Jim. Everything has to be linked back to him, and I feel that's not always neccecary and a pity.
We are breathing living human beings with a life of our own. And since we have the same interests, it would be nice to have a platform to share that. This, so far, isn't it. It's nobodies fault, it just started to live its own life, I think. Out of our control.

I wanted to dissapear without any announcement, but now Juliette did, I'll say bye to all of you too. Might be a lot nicer of me, now wouldn't it? (For the ones that do want to reach me, I'm very easely tracked down on the net http://www.soiledmypants.com.

I'm off, in silence. A big hug to you all.
cableclair
The Number 23

Re: Announcing my retirement

Postby JIMCaRrEy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:58 pm

JT Carrey wrote:As much as I enjoy Jim Carrey Online, I'm not going to write or respond to messages anymore, this board has gone downhill and I feel like most of it is gossip and I don't want to have any part in that, so I'm not going to be part of it anymore. I've been around Jim for the past two days and I just feel wrong being on here if you must know. Anyway, just saying that I'm outta here and I hope everyone enjoys it without me.

I've not been around here much lately but its still my number one source for news and interesting stuff about Jim

I think you cant avoid gossip about a person who's famous like Jim and who's not on the news that much, there are other people who are in a much worse situation..for example Michael Jackson, the whole world writes bullshit about him everyday, I dont think he deserves to be treated like that. We can be lucky that Jim is still well known as a cool and funny guy! 8)

I understand your point saying there's too much gossip going on here, but at least, it keeps a forum alive :) Whenever you feel you have to defend Jim..just do it :wink: I bet the gossip trend will be over soon, at the latest when Jim wins his first Oscar :D

But no matter what the dudes write here on the forum, we all have one thing in common, we are Jim Carrey fans, and we are fans on a higher level than any other peeps who just watch his movies.

JT, you're one of the biggest Jim fans on this planet, you cant leave this board 8)
JIMCaRrEy
The Dead Pool

Postby cotton » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:12 pm

I am so sorry I blame myself completely for all this. I didn't think that posting that struff would make people leave and didn't mean to turn this website into gossip crap. I am sooo sorry. :cry:
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby cableclair » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:20 pm

you shouldn't. It isn't ANYONES fault. None to blame.
cableclair
The Number 23

Postby THE 5th KIND » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:40 am

it`s so sad that so many are leaving know.-
it`s no good, the topics are not getting better with it.-
won`t you stay and try to help making good conversation out of it.-
i think there are still some interesting subjects.-
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Next

Return to The Speakeasy