Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey for the Oscar for "Eternal Sunshine..."

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Do you think that Jim Carrey should be nominated for best actor for "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
No opinion-haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe.
No votes

Total votes : 20

Jim Carrey for the Oscar for "Eternal Sunshine..."

Postby Cheryl Anna » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:23 pm

"Eternal Sunshine...." was so great and magnificent.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Cheryl Anna » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:38 pm

Yeah, I voted "Yes"!! He really stretched himself as an actor. He was "Joel". It was such a great performance!!

(And remember to vote in the upcoming political election in your country. A note to the people here in California-vote yes on proposition 71-stem cell research [the biograpy of my genetic physical handicap, along with a poem, is on my homepage/website])
Last edited by Cheryl Anna on Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl Anna

Postby Little Miss Carrey » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:46 pm

I think Jim has desevered an Oscar for movies like The Majestic and The Truman Show etc...

So I think he should get one for esotsm too!
Little Miss Carrey
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:30 pm

I haven't seen it yet but Jim Carrey always should get an Oscar because he is the best actor on earth. Even if he makes such stupid movies like "The Grinch" he is the first one who shall get one.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby jc_#1fan » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:55 pm

I haven't seen the movie yey, but I did read the script, and it was fabulous, and sooo romantic, that I actually cried. Jim played an excellent character, and I was blown away with the whole story!! I definately think he should get the gold for this one.
Show some Love!
jc_#1fan
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby jimliker » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:41 pm

i havent seen the movie but i know Jim is brilliant!
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Riddler » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:46 pm

Of course. If he does not get even nominated, that will be SO WRONG!
Hopefully he would win.

By the way, Blunt, what makes you think that The Grinch was stupid? Yes, it is for kids and tells about Christmas, but I loved that flick! And I´m an adult person!
And no one could play grinchy Grinch better than Jim! :)
Riddler
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Cheryl Anna » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:05 am

Comments can also be left on the current MONTHLY SPEW on the home page of this website. I left my "Yes" comment.
Cheryl Anna

Postby Jim-aholic » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:52 am

I haven't seen the movie yet.. but I answered YES (duh)
Jim is such a brilliant actor, and he should have had an oscar for The Truman Show, The Majestic,... but he didn't :( so PLEASE give him an oscar this time... if there is one actor who really deserves an oscar it is Jim!!
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:21 am

Riddler wrote:By the way, Blunt, what makes you think that The Grinch was stupid? Yes, it is for kids and tells about Christmas, but I loved that flick! And I´m an adult person!
And no one could play grinchy Grinch better than Jim! :)

I don't really like this movie. First because the typical humour for kids and second because you can't see much of Jim. Surely you can recognize his grimaces but all you can see is this dumb costume. When I went to the cinema I expected a little bit black humour. That the Grinch steels the presents for the children, destroys them and never gives them back and stuff like that but instead of this he was just a little bit evil and became better and better until he was so good that he gave the presents back to the children in the end (although they were happy without them, now --> nearly no kid would be funny without presents on christmas).
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby idle kid city » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:53 am

I voted Yes because this movie...out of all Jim's done...maybe even out of all I have even seen really reached me..i was so in touch with it that i couldnt take my eyes off of the screen! Jim is super talented and such a versatile actor and he tottaly deserves this. :)
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Return to The Speakeasy