Jim Carrey Online

Bruce Almighty and Man on the Moon

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

Bruce Almighty and Man on the Moon

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:17 pm

I haven't find other Threads to these topics so I open one.

First I want to say something to Bruce Almighty: I found a movieerror in it which was caused because of the laziness of the makers. When Jim responds the prayers on the computer, it goes very fast so that you can't read them. But when you watch in slow motion you can read them and you see that there are only the same four prayers coming all the time. I think, because the makers were too lazy to make more and thoght that nobody would check that. But they thought wrong, hehe. The two tables in the backround are also the same ones and appear again and again.

Second I have a question to Man on the Moon: Do you think that Jim dies in the end and that this is another person which plays the fat guy or do you think that he survived and lived further only as the fat guy? I think the second way is true because his friend who also was disguised as the fat guy in the movie is watching and so not being the fat guy in the end.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:22 pm

Bruce Almighty: I noticed that too, I think everyone has, I'm sure they did it that way because it goes by so quickly, no one really cares, plus yea, it was probably done to speed things up in filming so they wouldn't spend hours on that

Man On The Moon: I'm not really sure, the thing is it's about Andy Kaufman, and there is speculation that Andy may still be alive but then there are other thoughts that he did die in reality, so who really knows, I think Andy just wants to remain in the minds of people forever, anyone can play Tony, all it takes is alot of makeup and the voice, but to answer the question about Andy's death, I can't
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:15 am

I have a question to Man on the Moon: Do you think that Jim dies in the end and that this is another person which plays the fat guy or do you think that he survived and lived further only as the fat guy?

Andy Kaufman and Bob Zmuda were both Tony Clifton. When Andy Kaufman was dying, he and Bob planned to keep the Tony Clifton character going to confuse people as to whether or not Andy Kaufman was really alive. Like Elvis, Andy wanted people to think he wasn't really dead. The ultimate practical joke... that's why on the anniversary of his death Tony Clifton re-appears.
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:58 pm

Bob Zmuda was the pal of Andy Kaufman, right (last time I have seen this movie some months ago, so I haven't all names in mind)? I know that Bob also was Tony Clifton but in the end he is not because he stands there when Tony comes. But like JT says, it could be another person.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:03 pm

it's a confusing topic, it's been confusing for 20 years lol
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:10 pm

I don't know if it is true or not but ET said that Andy's brother also does Tony.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:22 pm

hmmmm I think I heard that too
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby clemato » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:05 pm

I closed my eyes at the end of Man on the Moon, so I have no input here.

I do think Andy Kaufman has a little "Elvis Has Left the Building" obsession, where to this day he gets people talking about whether or not he's alive. Silly man. :D

You are all aware that the post-it notes scene (kind of an Office Space ripoff) were notes from the cast and crew based on their thoughts from 9/11? That was a really cool bit of trivia. :P
clemato
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby JT Carrey » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:14 pm

yep, I knew that about the post-its :)
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby gooney » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:17 pm

it was a good movie.... :)
gooney
All In Good Taste

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:56 pm

It does not fit into this thread but I don't want to open an extra one only for this question: Do you think that all voices that Jim makes in his movies are completely from Jim himself or do you think a few werde changed with the computer?
I think there are some changed with a computer, for example the scene, when Lloyd (Jim) dreams in Dumb and Dumber that he is with Mary in a restaurant. After he has defeated the servants and is going to fight the cook he makes strange movements and even stranger voices and I can't imagine that they are all from Jim.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby JT Carrey » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:24 am

I'm sure all the vocal sounds are his, but some special effects noises are added in post-production.
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Riddler » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:26 am

gooney wrote:it was a good movie.... :)

Yes it was. I praised it to my cousin and borrowed my dvd to her that watch it.
And she didn´t understand it! She still keeps wondering WHAT in it makes it so WOW.
She justified her opinion that she hadn´t heard about Andy Kaufman never before.
Well, when I saw the film first time, I hadn´t either heard about Andy but that movie convinced me about it that Jim Carrey is a genious!
But, we all did know that already, didn´t we? :wink:
Riddler
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby clemato » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:39 pm

SHOCK!

Watch Taxi if you ever can. Andy Kaufman was so good in that. Not sure if you can ever catch his Saturday Night Live short films or his stand up acts, but I'm sure Taxi will eventually be on DVD.

Kaufman was a treasure.

***whoa Kaufman in Man on the Moon and Kaufman in Eternal Sunshine***
clemato
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby Riddler » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:43 pm

clemato: yes, they showed Taxi on this summer and I watched almost every episode of it. And I was so surprised when I realized how FABULOUS Jim was as Andy! Like they´d been twins or something! Latkas´s voice, expressions and the eyes and everything!
I´m not sure if it ( Taxi) is on DVD in Finland, but if I´ll sometimes find it, I surely will buy it!
Riddler
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Return to Older Movies