Jim Carrey Online

The Locked Thread

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

The Locked Thread

Postby thecablegal » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:16 pm

Why was the last thread locked?

Ok, the joke was funny, and that, and i'm sorry jimlover1, but to have 'from ur future wife' as a signature is a little over the top. There's a healthy fan, then there's an unhealthy fan. The joke was healthy, I've put my photos with loads of famous people, but, for example, if I were to come on here and declare myself Matthew Perry's future wife, people would think i was nuts!!!

JT and I may have our spats, but on this one, that got out of hand, and the forum shouldn't have been locked... we have a right to our opinion!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:33 am

exactly, although I don't fight with you cablegal you just tend to think I want to fight with you
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Nano75 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:13 pm

I think so, too. Some of the reactions were pretty immature, not the joke. What a fuss!! :lol:
Let's move on.
"Whatever makes you feel good when you sit down and do it,
is what you should be chasing in your life." - Jim Carrey
Nano75
The Number 23

Postby clemato » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:50 pm

I'm clearly new to the people here, but if that was a joke, it was actually pretty funny. The fighting is just stupid - no reason to fight.

And I agree with someone else, there seem to be a few people who love Jim way TOO much. I hope it's just a joke, there's admiring an actor/celebrity and then there's being obesessed to the point of being unhealthy.
clemato
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby Sleeves » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:11 pm

things are getting out of hand on this board, you can't make a joke without the thread getting closed, you can't mention sex, people getting into fights, what the #€&%)# is going on?
Sleeves
The Truman Show

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:33 pm

I don't understand it either
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:05 am

Sleeves wrote:things are getting out of hand on this board, you can't make a joke without the thread getting closed, you can't mention sex, people getting into fights, what the #€&%)# is going on?

First rule about FIGHT CLUB: You don't talk about FIGHT CLUB!

:lol:
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby JT Carrey » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:14 am

lol
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby thecablegal » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:28 pm

Tommy, deleting posts is NOT the answer
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:14 pm

May I make a few suggestions?

Remember: Irony and sarcasm are often hard to read when written. Don't take everything literally or try to deconstruct every statement made word for word. This board has a comic context and some funny people in it. Not everyone is serious.

Constantly correcting or pointing out people's mistakes is an insecurity that makes people think you're an arrogant know-it-all. Try to refrian unless asked a direct question or advice.

Name calling is for sissies.

We're here to have fun, not attack or call people out. If you want to be aggressive join Steve-O from Jackass' board. Things they get away with on theirs would make your head spin.

Enjoy! \:D/
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby clemato » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:33 pm

Sounds exactly like where I'm coming from carreyd away .

Nobody is being purposely cruel or vicious. Comedy is a very subjective thing.

Hopefully any fan of Jim Carrey can be very objective when it comes to this BB. :wink:
clemato
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby FavaBeans » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:19 pm

Hear ye! Hear ye!

"Can't we all just get along" :lol:
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

I Have An Opinion

Postby FutureStar1977 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:59 pm

I, myself, am from LA, USA. The main part of that sentence is "USA".

I am NOT saying that USA is better then anything or anywhere. All I am saying is that in our Delaration of Independence, the very first amendment is freedom of speech. So I think that some people on this board, who are from USA, are not used to having their posts deleted or having the thread locked.

This is an online message board and we ALL, whether the poster is from USA or not, has the right to say whatever they want.

Yes, we are going to disagree with people from time to time. That is just human nature. But keeping us from speaking our minds or stating our opinions is just wrong. If we were threatening to kill Jim Carrey or something like that, I could understand locking the thread or deleting it. But that is NOT what any of us are doing.

I love this message board. But I want to have the freedom to state my opinions or stories without being controlled.

So I understand what everyone is saying in this thread. I am not trying to cause anymore problems with this topic, but I, as an American, feel I should hold up for people's right to speech. We are all friends here, Jim fans, and should be able to feel that we can share ourselves with each other.

Love to all of you.
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby JT Carrey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:36 pm

I agree, but everytime I type something I get scolded for it
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cableclair » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:16 pm

yea I noticed and that's totally stupid, give Juliette some air will ya!

And it was funny! Actually if I had found out about it earlier I'd messed around with it in photoshop some more to make it seem more realistic even. So shoot me.
cableclair
The Number 23

Return to The Speakeasy