Jim Carrey Online

The sad side of funnyman Carrey!

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

The sad side of funnyman Carrey!

Postby jimliker » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:42 am

hey guys i found this interresting article ona website---

click on the link below--

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 597220.cms

just in case if link doesnt open then the content of article is--

LONDON: He might be Hollwood's funny man, whose antics bring a smile to many a movie-goers' face but Jim Carrey is a loner at heart.

According to The Sun , the actor, 42, admits that, like Joel in his new movie, 'Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind', he is often racked by memories of his own heartbreak.

Jim plays Joel Barish, a heartbroken lover desperate to forget his ex-girlfriend Clementine played by Kate Winslet. When he finds out Clementine has undergone a new scientific process to erase him completely from her memory, he decides to do the same.

But Joel learns that although you can erase someone from your mind - you can't get them out of your heart. To Carrey, the movie is a reminder of his own sad love life.

Jim had bitter break-ups with his two wives and one with Oscar-winner Renee Zellweger in 2000.There have been many beautiful women in his life after that including Danish model Betina Holte and a Russian ballerina, but no lasting love.

"In my time I've done the erasing and I've been erased and it's never a pleasant feeling.

"Everybody has someone they'd rather erase. Everybody identifies with that - having had some relationship that hurts so bad they just wish they could make the ghost go away. But I would never want a person erased completely from my memory," the report quoted him as saying.

He however says that he has worked out a method of dealing with heartache.

Carrey explains: "I learn to forgive and move on and look at the world as a beautiful place again.

"It always seems to work out that you can look back on something that was a disaster and find some gems in there."

But he freely admits his belief in marriage and living happily ever after no longer exists.

:cry: :? :( :roll:

tell me what do u think about it guys!
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:31 pm

yup. I was right. He's normal. This happens to everyone. I don't see what the big fuss is all about. The media is so retarded. They make mountains out of mole hills. They suck.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:44 pm

u r right carreypunkrawker :roll:
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

IF IT IS TO BE IT'S UP TO ME!!

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:22 pm

Only we can make our own HEAVEN
All of us have to decide what our Heaven will be like.
And do like his song: A little bit of Heaven on Earth.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby SandsoftheHourglass » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:09 am

You can't do it captain, you don't have the power!!!!! He doesn't believe in marriage anymore.....he doesn't believe in happily ever after.....??????
Jim, when you arent busy making movies and being interviewed by the mass media......come hang out with me......we will play guitar, sing, dance, write poetry....i'll make you love beads to bring your heart back....its all about the love beads LOL
" Why didn't you help the little old lady cross the street? She needed to get to the other side?"

"Clap On. Clap off "
SandsoftheHourglass
The Duck Factory

Postby jimliker » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:07 pm

wow cool SandsoftheHourglass :o
take me with u too.....i play keyboard!! :wink:
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:36 pm

yaaaaaaaaaawn
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:55 pm

haha. took the words right outta my . . . yawn. . . mouth, J.T.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby SandsoftheHourglass » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:55 am

Jimliker.....sureeee let's go...i'll taske you in the sweet pickle bus....and we will make beaded necklaces and watch all of Jim's movies....and light candles....channel Jim thru my body...LOL
" Why didn't you help the little old lady cross the street? She needed to get to the other side?"

"Clap On. Clap off "
SandsoftheHourglass
The Duck Factory

Postby jimliker » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:25 pm

wow sounds gr8 SandsoftheHourglass....so lets roll baby!! 8)
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

love

Postby tumc » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:09 pm

"Everybody has someone they'd rather erase. Everybody identifies with that - having had some relationship that hurts so bad they just wish they could make the ghost go away. But I would never want a person erased completely from my memory," the report quoted him as saying.

Thats the way i feel to. i have had e beatifull realtionship.......but it turns out, she doesn't love me anymore. I wish i could erase it....but on the other hand... It's a beatifull memory. I'm like Jim i guess!
tumc
Introducing Janet

That reminds me of:

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:10 pm

The song:
"Common baby let the good times roll"
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby dina » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:42 pm

:( hi, is not that the worest thing? that the man who makes u happy,who makes u laugh :lol: ,who makes u feel that life is not that far :lol: .is asad ,lonely guy.that is incredble.make u wanna hear 1 of big mad eminem songs.hhhhhmmmmmm. :x
dina
A Christmas Carol

Return to The Speakeasy