Jim Carrey Online

Over the Hedge

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Over the Hedge

Postby TNPihl » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:23 pm

What's it about:
In "Over The Hedge", Jim Carrey will voice the mischievous conartist racoon R.J., and Gary Shandling will be the voice of the sentitive turtle named Verne. When R.J., Verne and their woodland friends find a suburban housing development encroaching on their forest home, Verne's first instinct is to retreat into his shell and leave, but the ever-opportunistic R.J. sees a treasure trove to be had from his unsuspecting new neighbors. Together, Verne and R.J. form an unlikely friendship as they learn to co-exist with -- and even exploit -- this strange new world called suburbia. 8)

Genre: Animation / Comedy
Director: Tim Johnson
Production Company: DreamWorks SKG

Source: DreamWorks.com

Voices:
Image Image Image
Jim Carrey - Garry Shandling - Gene Wilder

Current status:
In Production

US release: November, 2005 :D

Pictures:
Image Image

The Characters:
R.J.
A mischievous raccoon who will pick your pocket and steal your heart. RJ is impulsive, reckless and sugar-starved. He can be caught peering into neighborhood windows trying to catch some daytime TV.

Verne
R.J.'s best-friend and partner in crime. A sensitive, philosophizing turtle who is reflective and prone to allergies. Verne is a true renaissance-turtle, a critical observer with a deep spiritual side.

Luby
A lovely and sassy lady raccoon with a touch of attitude. Luby puts up with a lot as R.J.'s girlfriend. It's amazing what a woman will do for the love of a good raccoon.

Velma
The pretty little turtle with the polka-dot bow. Velma is Verne's girlfriend and, like Luby, knows the trials and tribulations of loving one of this boisterous, unpredictable duo.

Plushie
Verne's little nephew. There isn't much Plushie wouldn't do for his uncle. He's even been seen dangling from a fishing line in front of the TV as a replacement remote control.

Sammy
A squirrel, good buddy and fellow member of the "Boyz in the Wood." Sammy may not be the the most sophisticated creature in the forest but he seems to be adapting to the invasion of suburbia fairly well. Hey, how many squirrels do you know that carry tic-tacs?

About the artist:
Michael Fry brings an illustrious cartooning background to Over The Hedge. He currently writes and draws Committed, an outrageous comic panel about being married with children, for United Feature Syndicate, as well as "No Bull," an editorial cartoon for The Houston Press. He also created the popular comic "When I Was Short" with Guy Vasilovich, which was distributed to more than 125 newspapers though King Features Syndicate from 1989 until 1992.

His first foray into syndication was the comic strip "Cheeverwood," which he created for The Washington Post Writers Group from 1985 until 1987. And, he created "Scotty," a popular local comic strip for The Houston Post, from 1984 until 1991. His published works include four cartoon anthologies,Over the Hedge (Andrews and McMeel, 1996), When I Was Short (Avon Books, 1992), Scotty: Born to Be Mild (Fine Toon Books, 1989) and Scotty's Houston: The View From Cafe Phil (Loud Books, 1988). Fry is listed in Who's Who in Cartooning, The Great American Comic Strip and One Hundred Years of Cartoon Art. Born in Minneapolis, Fry attended Baylor University in Waco, Tex., and holds a bachelor of arts in history from the University of Texas at Austin. He was an editorial cartoonist for the student newspapers at both universities and his first cartoon published after college appeared in Playboy. He lives in Houston with his wife and two daughters. T Lewis was born in Texas and has lived in such exotic locals as Africa, Switzerland and Alaska. His broad range of styles has appeared in many formats, but his favorite continuing duties (besides drawing Over The Hedge) are as the illustrator of children's books. He has published 14 so far, including Peter Pan (Troll Associates, 1988), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Calico Books, 1988) and Cinderella, the Untold Story (Birch Lane Press, 1990). Lewis' story, The Forgotten Helper (Kipling Press, 1987) is currently under option with Tri-Star Pictures. Lewis is the artist for the "Mickey Mouse" comic strip for King Features Syndicate and Walt Disney Productions. He holds a bachelor of fine arts degree from North Texas State University, where he had his first comics published. A lengthy stay in Alaska followed, during which time he painted and exhibited locally, was included in a collection of Alaskan art at the Smithsonian Institute and taught in Barrow, 200 miles above the Arctic Circle. T, his wife, Phylicia, and their young son, Journey, split their time between two far-flung small towns, one in Texas and one in Washington State.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby LloydX-mas » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:52 pm

\:D/ yay i cant wait :lol: thats very nice and cool pictures =D>
LloydX-mas
High Strung

Postby jimliker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:16 pm

this movie seems interesting!! i am waiting for this movie too! :D
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby idle kid city » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:16 am

it'll be the first time in a long time that i'll be going to the theater to see a cartoon but I can't wait for this one! woo!
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby Lizziloo » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:21 pm

wow " Garry Shandling - Gene Wilder" are really great comedians! I mean + Jim! This cartoon can only be super!! :)
Lizziloo
The Mask

Postby Jim-aholic » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:32 am

I always said to myself: "I really wan't to see Jim doing a voice for a cartoon or an animated film" and yaaaaay... he will do it!!

I'm really looking forward to it... the pictures are amazing!!! I hope we will get to see that one here!!
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

Postby TNPihl » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:12 pm

"Over the Hedge" News: Pushed back half a year. :?

Release Date: May 19, 2006 8)

Source: ComingSoon.net
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby FavaBeans » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:56 am

well, that just blows.... i was looking forward to a holiday release next year.

And surprisingly, this news slipped through my cracks... thanks TNPhil!
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Brexy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:25 pm

Aw man! That's almost 2 years away.. *sniff*
Brexy
Pink Cadillac

Postby thecablegal » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:27 pm

I'm not one for cartoons, and I'll be 19 by the time it's out, but I'll go see it, cos Jim's voicing it, lol!
Muse - 10, 11, 14, 22 & 23 November 2006
Muse - Wembley Stadium - 16 & 17 June 2007
Muse - Royal Albert Hall - 12 April 2008
Muse - 10 November 2009 & 13 November 2009
Muse - 11 September 2010
thecablegal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Unchained » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:22 pm

Ugh. I don't know if I can wait that long.
Unchained
The Majestic

Postby samurai_cable » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:27 am

I'll be in like university... ahhh... time... hope it passes by quickly.

Thanks so much for the information!! Jim Carrey in a Dreamworks animation!!!!!!! Can't wait!! Although I'll have to....... :(

Thanks again!
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:32 pm

I won't watch this movie because only hearing Jim Carrey is not what I want.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby SA JCFan » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:17 pm

No offense but it won't stop me from watching it anyways. In fact, you get to like them even more. I know I liked Ellen DeGeneres even more after "Finding Nemo".
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:54 pm

I rather like it when I see him, too. He is the king of grimaces and a movie is without them not so good as with them. And when you can't even see Jim himself it is worse.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies