Jim Carrey Online

Disapointed in a comment made by Jim

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Disapointed in a comment made by Jim

Postby jellybean19681993 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm

I was watching the news last night i caught a clip of Jim on a interview that really shocked me. I love Jim Carrey , But when he said " I'm Recession proof " it really shocked me of course he is hes rich it is people like me that are hurting i am sitting here looking at a Christmas tree with nothing under it and there might not be anything going under it heck the only reason its here is a friend had a extra tree i have 3 kids and 2 grandchildren we take care of yes we do we do not receive welfare or food stamps so that means we do not qualify for toys for tots or angel tree . The day after Christmas we will lose our telephone, internet and cable , maybe our electric the sad thing is we are not alone there are many, many people in my boat this year Mr. Carrey we are your fans and when you say things like that its shocking and painful to us we are the ones that made you the star you are
jellybean19681993

Postby fluffy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:16 pm

i think he was being tongue in cheek Jellybean........if he had said anything to the contrary, people would have jumped on the hypocrisy....Yes he's wealthy now, but he has experienced poverty.
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, take comfort in being with your loved ones.......we can but pray the financial crises blows over......... :(

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreypunkrawker » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:57 pm

I think he is a big hipocrit. stuff like that always comes flying out of his mouth, and yeah, it hurts the middle and lower classes. I don't really like him anymore, and that's one of the reasons why. But all men are assholes like that. We just have to get over it! =0)
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby cable girl » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:01 pm

I don't understand this? How can one person be a recession proof? No matter what Jim ment though; I hope he hasn't forgotten what it was like to be poor, or stopped caring about those who are less fortunate in life than he is! It would be dissapointing if the image you had of him as someone really down to earth would be shattered! :o

What I do understand fully is your words fluffy; you're absolutely right - being with your loved ones are the most important thing in this world! :P They are the ones who will always be there for us through the ups and downs.
~ "Compassion is the currency that leads to true wealth"~ / Jim Carrey
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

No one is recession or depression proof...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:26 pm

he may think he is but it can hit everyone and anyone.
Just seeing others suffering can affect others, think of 911 those
who were not hit were STILL affected and it is a memory none of
us will forget.
Everyone is affected, we ARe actually all connected , the recent movie
CRASH is not far from the truth.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:49 pm

carreypunkrawker wrote:I think he is a big hipocrit. stuff like that always comes flying out of his mouth, and yeah, it hurts the middle and lower classes. I don't really like him anymore, and that's one of the reasons why. But all men are assholes like that. We just have to get over it! =0)

Errr what? "Stuff like that always comes flying out of his mouth" Name another few times he has said something like that????

I saw that comment buy him, and I laughed. Yeah we all know he's rich, but if he said he wasn't when he really was then people would be going on about it in the tabloids. We know he doesnt throw away his money, we already knew he's not asking much for movies because he doesnt need it all.

Think of it this way, if he really did want to show off he was rich and rub it into people, don't you think he'd be asking a heck of alot more for movies and having the directors not hire him because of his money demands- that would show he's greedy. But he's not.

And yes he has experienced poverty. To all those who are badgering him, if you are expercing poverty for a while then had the chance to become rich, would you not take it ????? So don't critizise Jim for this because he does know how it feels. Seriously. Be happy for him and consider him to be "more fortunate than others"
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby cable girl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Very well said sianlee! ;)
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:49 pm

whatever . . .
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby lammy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:56 pm

carreypunkrawker wrote:whatever . . .

LOL...all the non process thoughts he is babblin out is because he is hangin out with Jenny. :shock: :roll:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimlover » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:37 pm

lammy wrote:
carreypunkrawker wrote:whatever . . .

LOL...all the non process thoughts he is babblin out is because he is hangin out with Jenny. :shock: :roll:

well I never heard Jim saying anything like this before.esp when he was not with Jenny.:lol: I have never seen him as a snob and proud person. :?
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cable girl » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Ok, so this post of mine will probably be deleted. But I really don't care. I wanna ask this anyway; why are there so many out there who thinks Jenny is such an awful influence on Jim? He's not a puppet for God's sake!
cable girl
Burt Wonderstone

Postby fluffy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:57 pm

i'm sorry folk have taken his comment to heart.......i really didn't take it to be smug........i thought he was being quite clever with his reply....i guess it could be open to interpretation though :roll:
re jenny.......It doesn't matter who he's with if she makes him happy... :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:18 pm

fluffy wrote:i'm sorry folk have taken his comment to heart.......i really didn't take it to be smug........i thought he was being quite clever with his reply....i guess it could be open to interpretation though :roll:
re jenny.......It doesn't matter who he's with if she makes him happy... :D

fluffy :D

Yea I agree!
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Yep.
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 pm

cable girl wrote:Ok, so this post of mine will probably be deleted. But I really don't care. I wanna ask this anyway; why are there so many out there who thinks Jenny is such an awful influence on Jim? He's not a puppet for God's sake!

I don't know. I think it's jealousy, not the fact that she's a bad influence on him. What made you ask this? What have people said about Jenny? Oh and this just came to me: She was a playboy playmate and that's a little wrong, but it's in the past. I never saw her as a . . . ::brain fart:: . . . you know. . .

I think Jenny is a good influence on Jim. She's really grown out of that whole Playboy thing, whatever it was. . .

I'm happy that they're happy together! It's just that Jim is on such a manic high right now (may not really be called that), he just comes up with these clever/snide/smart remarks. But he has everything in the world to be proud of. He's talented, he's got a beautiful daughter that's talented, and now he has the chance to "cure" Evan, and maybe Evan will be talented too! So Jenny is anything but a bad influence on Jim. I don't know what made Jim say all that he said.

Oh and by the way, this is a forum. If your post didn't start a fight, someone else's post will. I blame myself for starting the fight though. I shouldn't have said what I said, but I think I just find Jim a little bit boring nowadays. I hated his interview with Jay Leno though. I was really bored. I kept switching from Jay Leno to Third Rock From The Sun, and 3rd Rock From the Sun was MUCH MORE ENTERTAINING.

Anyways, I saw the interview where he's "Recession Proof" and I didn't like what he said . I, too, am poor, and I'm so poor that I'm living with my family, and it's hard for all of us. We're middle class, but we're pinching our pennies as well. I'm sorry that you are going through hard times. If I had as much money as Jim, I'd send some to you Western Union! But you're not alone, and I'm hoping that in a year or two, the economy will get better.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Next

Return to Stop The Press!