Jim Carrey Online

Oscar Watch

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Oscar Watch

Postby FavaBeans » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:57 pm

I was just at http://www.oscarwatch.com/ and they have both Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet as possibly contenders for Oscars.

Oh, and Charlie Kaufmann is a runner-up for Best Original Screenplay.

Of course, these are speculations but interesting. Check out the link to see who they up against.

FavaBeans.[/url]
FavaBeans
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby Vera DeMilo » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:35 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Vera DeMilo
The Duck Factory

Postby Belbee » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:49 am

There's still a long way to go until the end of the year for Oscar predictions. I really hope that they remember Jim come Oscar time, and who knows Lemony Snicket may just help refresh people's minds about ESOTSM. I hope it does, because Jim really deserves recognition for this. I think the Golden Globes are a given, I just hope the Academy follows suit finally.
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Postby jimliker » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:06 am

i wish Jim best of luck... i hope he is nominated at least.. doesnt matter if he doesnt win....but if he does then its gr8!!! :lol:
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby idle kid city » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:54 am

I really hope that they remember Jim come Oscar time, and who knows Lemony Snicket may just help refresh people's minds about ESOTSM

I hope so too! :joel:
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby tyler_8186 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:31 pm

I think he definatly deserves an Ocar, and I think the whole movie should be up for best picture.
after watching him in ESOTSM I truly saw his acting skills not just as a comedian.
I have enjoyed most of his movies and this was his best performance ever!

favorite Jim Carrey movies
1. Eternal Sunshine
2. Me, Myself, and Irene
3. Liar Liar
4. The Truman Show
5. Dumb and Dumber

I have not seen man on the moon though
"Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."
tyler_8186

omg

Postby thespianluver » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:44 pm

You HAVE to see Man on the Moon. I've been waiting forever to see Jim Carrey nominated. No body believes me when I say he will be. People are so skeptical of him because of all the comedy he's done. But Comedy is harder than drama and if you can do comedy you can do anything. I think he his brilliant, and when he finally does get nominated, then he'll be respected in the acting world but everyone. I mean, Johny Depp was nominated for Pirates this year....why not Jim Carrey in a better more beautiful movie???? I believe in him, and I cant wait to see what happens.

My favorite Jim movies:

1. Eternal Sunshine
2. Man on the Moon
3. Truman Show
4. The Mask
5. Dumb and Dumber
6. Ace Ventura: Nature Calls
7. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
thespianluver

Postby Little Miss Carrey » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:27 pm

Good Luck Jim * fingers double crossed! *

LMC!
Little Miss Carrey
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby Jim-aholic » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:24 am

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... actually it's about bl**dy time that they give him an oscar!!
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

Re: omg

Postby Dammit » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:39 pm

thespianluver wrote:You HAVE to see Man on the Moon.....

Lets face it, Jim should have recieved an Oscar nom for Man on the Moon. I believe he is totally over-due. I mean come on, if Johnny Depp can get one for Pirates of the freakin Caribean, anyone can get one! In Man on the Moon, Jim did act like Andy Kaufman, he WAS Andy Kaufman! Thats how good he is in Man on the Moon.
"Hotchy Motchy!" - Jay Sherman
Dammit
Introducing Janet

Re: omg

Postby Jim-aholic » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:49 am

Lets face it, Jim should have recieved an Oscar nom for Man on the Moon. I believe he is totally over-due. I mean come on, if Johnny Depp can get one for Pirates of the freakin Caribean, anyone can get one! In Man on the Moon, Jim did act like Andy Kaufman, he WAS Andy Kaufman! Thats how good he is in Man on the Moon.

AMEN to that!!
bumblebeetuna... bumblebeetuna!!
Jim-aholic
High Strung

Postby Belbee » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:36 am

Don't forget The Truman Show as well! Hell he should have 2 nominations already. :(
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Postby Dammit » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:15 pm

eh, arguably so. But The Truman Show Being Jim's first dramatic role, its understandable that the Academy was hesitant to nominate him. I mean after a career composed of Green-masked antics, psychiopathic cable men, and pet detectives that talk out of his ass, they probably thought of The Truman Show performance to be a fluke- as if he accidentily acted well. Besides, Jim's performance in the Truman Show was good, but not all that great. Golden Globe worthy, but not impressive enough to make Oscar do a double take.
Dammit
Introducing Janet

Postby Belbee » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:04 am

See, I disagree. I think if an actor/actress does something out of the ordinary and does it well then it deserves attention and rewarding. Even if the Academy hasn't liked the other roles Jim has done, he's performance in The Truman Show was widely believed at the time to be Oscar worthy by critics and movergoers. It was a shock to even some people in the Academy that he wasn't nominated that year.
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Postby Dammit » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:48 am

Belbee wrote:See, I disagree. I think if an actor/actress does something out of the ordinary and does it well then it deserves attention and rewarding. Even if the Academy hasn't liked the other roles Jim has done, he's performance in The Truman Show was widely believed at the time to be Oscar worthy by critics and movergoers. It was a shock to even some people in the Academy that he wasn't nominated that year.

Well I agree with you that his performance in the Truman Show deserved attention and a reward, and it got both! He did win a Golden Globe mind you. However, the reason why his performance got so much attention was because it was out of Jim's status quo of goofy, off the wall characters. When you do the same thing for years, and then all of a sudden do the complete opposite, its going to get noticed, good or not. All of Jim's hype from his performance from The Truman Show mainly came from the fact that it was his first dramatic role, after a career of comedy. And for him to get an Oscar nomination for that is wrong. Its the equivalent to giving a college basketball player the Heisman trophy because he played for the college football team, and did an ok job; not as good as say 4 or 5 other football players, but he got it because of the hard transition from sports.
Dammit
Introducing Janet

Next

Return to Stop The Press!