Jim Carrey Online

Jon Stewart wants Jim Carrey to speak out

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jon Stewart wants Jim Carrey to speak out

Postby cotton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:07 pm

can somebody please explain to me what this is all about? I am so confused by it

http://www.pressemeldungen.at/46810/jon-stewart-%E2%80%9Cjim-Carrey-needs-to-speak-out%E2%80%9D/
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:57 pm

i think Jon is out of order.....he's trying to make Jim accountable for his beliefs because they could influence the presidential election...Jim's as entitled to privacy as the next man.....just because half of Hollywood has chosen to name their vote doesn't mean Jim has to. Personally i think it's WRONG for celebs to get involved.......it's all about who's the right candidate........not who supports them!

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby CarreyGirl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Is more better that plays my silence!!
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

I thiink he is wise not saying a thing....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:36 am

With dual citizenship he has two elections to consider...
He's smarter than you think.
This is America's vote. Find out what the regular guy on the street wants.
My concern is the U.S. is going to Pot in a financial Handbasket...
and they are debating about the war....
take care of home FIRST,(that doesn't mean the election)
then BRING IT ON
when home troubles are reasonably settled.
but I'm just a jingling jayne and really have no say on what happend in the good 'ol U.S. of A.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby woweeee » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:05 am

WTF????? WTF????? That is just WRONG. ---I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE SO CRUEL. I DON"T THINK THIS IS NECESSARY. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
When once asked what I would do if I met Jim I said that I would give him so many hugs because he is so damn HOT and then I would tell him to get married. Response, "he is hot, but...nevermind."
woweeee
Batman Forever

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:14 am

i totally agree Jayne, we're going to pot here too. :( ...and I think Jim's quite right if he wants to maintain a dignified silence....he shouldn't be goaded into talking.

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:07 am

Well, I've been against the war in Iraq before it was ever even a trend to have been against it, so I think I deserve a medal of some sort...

As for Jim and politics. He doesn't want to say who he's voting for, correct? Well, that's not so bad. This is just guesswork, but I doubt he'll vote Republican. I recall him saying once that Bush should have used the money for the Iraq war to help people, and I couldn't agree more. Imagine: a quarter of the money we've spent on that war going to help people, get all Americans health care, take care of the veterans, help out more nations. We'd be the most-loved country on Earth probably - but we'd still have our enemies, I admit.

Anyhow, Jim has every right not to say who he's voting for. Alan Alda doesn't talk about politics anymore publicly either, and it's basically universally known that he is a liberal.

BUT the other celebrities have every right to tell people to get out and vote, and say who they're voting for. I don't see why not. Overall, I seriously doubt they have much clout in persuading people to vote. And if you were a celebrity--movie star, baseball played/whatever--wouldn't you want people to know who you're voting for? Wouldn't you want to express your opinions publicly? Clamming up isn't healthy. Some people can do it but others can't.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby sprousefan23 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:31 pm

fluffy wrote:i think Jon is out of order.....he's trying to make Jim accountable for his beliefs because they could influence the presidential election...Jim's as entitled to privacy as the next man.....just because half of Hollywood has chosen to name their vote doesn't mean Jim has to. Personally i think it's WRONG for celebs to get involved.......it's all about who's the right candidate........not who supports them!

yep, celebs should take a hint from Johnny Depp on this one, then we'll know the prez was elected for the right reasons.
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:55 pm

But then i'm British and not many of our celebs voice their opinions any more.......lol.......all our politicians seem as bad as each other.......lol....

fluffy :lol:
fluffy
JCO Staff

My mother had a policy....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:18 am

never tell who you voted for.
I believe it is an independent
decision and it's up to the person who voted whether to devulge that
information or not.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:43 am

Amen to that!........Jon is out of line here!

fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:26 pm

:shock: :shock: OMG!!!!!!!! People are so cruellllll :shock:
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby chip » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:15 am

He said in a recent interview that he really likes Obama, but he feels sad about how much of shit he´s gonna have till be the pressident.
Or something like that.

Anyway I want you to do everything you can to help Obama to be president. Register and Vote now and help people to do it too!!

YES, WE CAN REPAIR THIS WORLD

YES MAN :wink: [/img]
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!! :D
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby lammy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:15 am

I don't think anyone should get crap about who they feel is the right candidate. That is what's wrong with this world- if you feel a certain way...there will always be someone who will try to shoot it out of the water... whatever it is you feel towards something.
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Stop The Press!