Jim Carrey Online

Jim has bipolar disorder :S

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Postby fluffy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 pm

lol....yeah but she spelt it wrong....it shoud be F.L.U.F.F.Y :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FLUFFS :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby lammy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:28 pm

:P :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby freedom52 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:04 am

OK, first of all, a person is not bipolar: they suffer from bipolar disorder. Would you say that a person is cancer, or that a person is stroke?
It is a mood disorder. The mechanism in the brain that controls emotions is not functioning within the 'normal' range. Stress can set it off - kind of like spicy food irritates an ulcer.

Many creative and famous people throughout history have lived (and died) with this illness - geniuses - Lincoln, Mozart, Freud, Churchill, Isaac Newton, Edgar Allen Poe, Van Gogh...

People with this malady are frequently charismatic, dynamic and passionate. But then there is the down side. Imagine the fear, desperation and helplessness one would feel accidentally falling off a tall building. Or the devastating despair and grief felt with the sudden loss of a child, best friend or beloved pet. Or for that matter feeling the death of yourself... and you can't get away from it because it is you.

In addition to cycling from extreme highs to devastating lows, people afflicted with this disorder often experience the emotions of every day life more intensely. For some, the range of their perspectives can result in a heightened understanding, wisdom and soulfulness. You can see this in Jim's eyes.
freedom52

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:22 pm

absolutely....You don't define a person by any medical conditions they might have.....EVERYONE will face something in their lives, you can't rob people of their identity by defining them as a disorder........that's when people give up the fight.........
I've been saying for years Jim has an enormous amount of depth and soul in those eyes......It's what makes him so fascinating and puts passion into his work......

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Thanks Freedom 52

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:12 pm

That was very enlightening. Appreciate the time taken to follow up on this. Excellent comment.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 pm

fluffy wrote:absolutely....You don't define a person by any medical conditions they might have.....EVERYONE will face something in their lives, you can't rob people of their identity by defining them as a disorder........that's when people give up the fight.........
I've been saying for years Jim has an enormous amount of depth and soul in those eyes......It's what makes him so fascinating and puts passion into his work......

Exactly ... just because one has a disorder does not make them a bad person - only one that needs LOVE - dep LOVE in their life . --- As I do . :?
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fortress52 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am

Bipolar disorder is so misunderstood.
The stigma of having it is HUGE.
And hiding the illness from others, or dealing openly with the stigma adds just the kind of pressure that makes matters worse.
People with other illnesses receive concern and sympathy. People with BP are feared and often ostracized.

Newspaper headlines never fail to mention that someone 'is' bipolar if they've acted out in a negative manner. But do you ever hear about all the positive and wonderful things people with the illness accomplish?

I'd love to see a float or just a group of people walking in a high profile parade someday, advocating for the illness. They could each represent (in a fantastical costume) a famous gifted person who's had the disorder.

Wouldn't it be nice if bipolar disorder could be considered an asset?
"Wow... isn't he/she an amazing artist?... and not only that... he/she is gifted with bipolar disorder. We've just got to get him/her to do this project for us. No one else will be able to produce the depth and range we desire."
fortress52

An interesting thought....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

would it be considered in comparison to being ambidextrous, could it ever be considered in such a way, would society be able to change such a thing.
I think of the person who is blind yet has and extraordinary sense of hearing, a person with such a capability would be fantastic in let's say a radio station or a recording studio, would be able to hear all the fine, minute problems.
:-k
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu May 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if bipolar disorder could be considered an asset?
but surely that's unacceptable too?.....it's making the person different.....Bi-polar shouldn't come into it, a person is either gifted or not......in Jim's case he's very gifted, but i'd doubt he'd want to be defined by a condition........Gotta take your hat off to that, he's never used it as a reason/ excuse for anything......full respect Jim!

fluffy :)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

I think most people...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 pm

are gifted in some way or another.
In the words of my '
ol roomates'
we're alll sooo 'special'
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri May 16, 2008 3:07 pm

lol........i can tie knots in cherry stalks with my tongue......lol...does that count?..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Wow, I can't do that.. what do you call..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri May 16, 2008 4:25 pm

that ?
being
Tonguidextrious? How did you figure that one out? Must have taken alot of practice.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Sat May 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Having a disorder doesn't make anyone bad or better than anyone else . Infact being bipolar makes you want to stay alone ... I'd rather be alone than being bothered by someone that doesn't contribute with my thinking . :lol: :lol: :D But I'd rather be quiet than be talking nonsense - :oops:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

I think each person is different in whatever they have....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat May 17, 2008 5:00 pm

we all are subject to illness, conditions etc. Part of being normal is the abnormalities that hit us in life and how we cope with them.
Thank goodness for people who have experienced or know a little more to help us get through those hard times.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat May 17, 2008 6:01 pm

amen to that! :wink: ....

fuffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy