Jim Carrey Online

Do you think Jim can play Carnage in a Spider-Man movie?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Do you think Jim can play Carnage in a Spider-Man movie?

Postby The Mask Fan No 1 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:05 am

The reason why I brought this up is because I've been hearing a lot from few Spidey-fans and other people that Jim Carrey should play as Carnage in a Spider-Man movie (could be the 4th one or whatever sequels after that one). Does anyone else agree that he should play that character, or should Jim stay out of comic book movies forever? After seeing his performance in The Number 23, I think he would make a great Carnage. But that's just my opinion. If some of you don't know who this Carnage is, I'll show you few profile sites I found on the internet.

http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/carnage.html
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Carnage_%28Cletus_Kasady%29
http://en.marveldatabase.com/Cletus_Kasady
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/beyondthemovies/classicvillains
Are you Mask enough?
The Mask Fan No 1
All In Good Taste

Postby CarreyGirl » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 am

For me, Jim is perfect for this role!
But if Jim does its sequel ... let alone those of others!
I have not understood this topic! Are fans who want Spiderman Jim for that role, or where there are rumors saying that Jim should play this role?
I love the bads in the movies ... where does this character ... I 'm happy! :D :D :D
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby The Mask Fan No 1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:19 am

CarreyGirl wrote:For me, Jim is perfect for this role!
But if Jim does its sequel ... let alone those of others!
I have not understood this topic! Are fans who want Spiderman Jim for that role, or where there are rumors saying that Jim should play this role?
I love the bads in the movies ... where does this character ... I 'm happy! :D :D :D

Some Spider-Man fans said that Jim should play as Carnage (there are some Youtube videos of this and some posts about it on the official Spidey movie forums).

In the comics, Cletus Kasady (a.k.a. Carnage) is a serial killer who later on gets attached by the same substance that was once grafted on Eddie Brock and Peter (the black suit from Spider-Man 3). The suit is not black but instead blood red.

See, a comedian such like Topher Grace can portray a villain very well, then so can Jim. But Jim is a very good actor, it would be so awesome to see him in action fighting Spider-Man.
Are you Mask enough?
The Mask Fan No 1
All In Good Taste

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:30 am

I think it's poinltess to cast Jim Carrey in the 4th SpiderMan as Carnage. Why? Yeah, Topher Grace was Venom ... but, did it matter? Anyone could have been the black-suited CGI-beast. There is absolutely nothing where you can say "Hey, Topher is great as this villain!". His role as a human was rather small.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby The Mask Fan No 1 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 am

grinchy steve wrote:I think it's poinltess to cast Jim Carrey in the 4th SpiderMan as Carnage. Why? Yeah, Topher Grace was Venom ... but, did it matter? Anyone could have been the black-suited CGI-beast. There is absolutely nothing where you can say "Hey, Topher is great as this villain!". His role as a human was rather small.

Well that's what happens when you have 3 villains in one movie. I heard that the new writer is only going to have 2 villains in SM4, because really 3 villains is way too much for a superhero movie.

Now ever since I had made this thread, I sort of change my choice for the role of Carnage. I just came to the fact that maybe Carnage will never be in a SM movie, and now that I feel really stupid for making this thread in the first place. So I am sorry for wasting both of your times with this topic.
Are you Mask enough?
The Mask Fan No 1
All In Good Taste

Postby fluffy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 pm

lol.......Jim can do anything......the question is would he want to?

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

ugh

Postby babygirl_lace » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:58 am

Ugh and ugh some more! Though I think Jim would probably pull the character off nicely, I have to say they sequal the crap out of things these days...For me, sequals are a waste of hollywood money...unless you get one of those sequals that has a really good writer attached to it, then maybe you have two very good movies...But come on spidey 4? Let it alone man cripes!
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

Return to The Speakeasy