Jim Carrey Online

Jim!!...Can you find a Googlewhack? - the ultimate challenge

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Jim!!...Can you find a Googlewhack? - the ultimate challenge

Postby fluffy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:18 pm

lol.....ok.....i'm setting Jim......and you lot a Challenge!.......Can you find a Googlewhack?......check Wikepdia if you don't know what it is....and if you find one post it here for verification...... :wink:

fluffy :wink:
(ps, i'm still looking for one......lol)
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:40 pm

check Wikepdia if you don't know what it is

Or just read the meaning of it here

A Googlewhack is a Google search query consisting of two words, that returns a single result. Since 2003, British comedian Dave Gorman has toured Britain, France, Australia, Canada and the United States with a show entitled Dave Gorman's GoogleWhack Adventure, and published a book of the same name. These were based on a true story. While attempting to write a novel for his publisher (Random House) Dave became obsessed with Googlewhacks and travelled across the world finding people who had authored them. Although he never wrote his novel, he did eventually write a book about his "Googlewhack adventure" which went on to be a Sunday Times #1 best seller in the UK and has also been published in the U.S. and Canada. A translation is in the works for Japan.[1]

Some of the googlewhacks used by Dave Gorman in his book are Francophile Namesakes, dork turnspit, unconstructive superegos, bibliophilic sandwiched, dripstone ingles.

Participants at Googlewhack.com discovered the sporadic "cleaner girl" bug in Google's search algorithm where "results 1-1 of thousands" were returned for two relatively common words. Further details can be found at: http://www.googlewhack.com/nack.htm
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 am

Think it might still work. But how about:
rusty hypokaliemia

:wink:

Btw, I remember the Dave Gorman show when he tried to find them. Very funny. Just like the show where he tried to find other people called Dave Gorman! :lol:
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 pm

woooo hooooo!!!........welcome back Niobe, long time no speak......how r u??? Yeah Danny and Dave rock :D ....

congrats on the whack......... :D

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Howdy Fluffy! 8) Doing fine thanks. Been a tough, busy year though. Hence less PC time. :roll:

I based my whack on that fact that in my job I see lots of medical terminology...so thought that might narrow the search down a bit! I've had a few searches down to 2 results, but that was the only true whack.

So come on folks.......where are yours?? :-s :-k
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:47 pm

i'm still looking...........lol.................. :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby wylde » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:36 am

Just DON'T "Googlewhack" his girlfriend...
wylde
Yes Man

Return to The Speakeasy