Jim Carrey Online

Some rare Jim facts

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Some rare Jim facts

Postby jimliker » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm

During the filming of Me, Myself & Irene (2000), he and the production crew attended a private music show of the band Phish on June 24th 1999 at the guitarist/vocalist house in Careystock, Vermont. There, he sang two songs with Phish, "Hey You" by Bachman Turner Overdrive and "Come Together" by The Beatles.

Hosted "YTV Awards Show" in mid '80s with Laurie from "Fox After Breakfast" (1986). YTV is Canada's Youth Television station.

Has said that his least favorite movie is The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (1969).

Attended Agincourt Collegiate Institute (High School), in Scarborough.

Auditioned for the role of Farmer Ted in the film Sixteen Candles (1984). Eventually, actor Anthony Michael Hall won the part.

He donated a signed head-shot to Rocky Stone to be auctioned off to raise money to buy more toys for less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign 2004

Wrote letters to Tupac Shakur when Tupac was in prison to help him laugh and smile. Tupac said that Carrey was his favorite actor.

Briefly attended Aldershot High School in Burlington, Ontario.

Bought a Harley Davidson motorcycle and got a vanity license plate for it which read "NO TAG" as a joke. This resulted in Jim receiving numerous traffic tickets in the mail that were meant for other people. As it turns out, when filling out a ticket, police officers write "no tag" in the license plate number slot on the ticket when the offending vehicle has no license plate. In some cases, this was interpreted as the actual license plate number, as it was in Jim's case, which caused the tickets to be routed to him.

He was originally cast as "Dr. Evil" in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997), but he had to drop out of the role due to a scheduling conflict with Liar Liar (1997).

Was considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Was originally offered the lead role in the movie The Master of Disguise (2002).

Before Martin Scorsese's The Aviator (2004), he spent years trying to produce and star in a film of Howard Hughes' life as Hughes himself.

Fellow Canadian comedian Mike Myers was chosen over Carrey to play in SNL.

Possibly out of slapstick to his nationality, his "Dick Harper" character of Fun with Dick and Jane (2005) has been compared by fans to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Turned down the offer to induct Jerry Lawler into the WWE Hall Of Fame in 2007, for he believed the people in the audience would have come to the ceremony to see him, not the legends being honored that night.

Nicole Kidman calls him her best male friend.

Is a huge fan of the cartoons Johnny Bravo, Spongebob Squarepants and Dave The Barbarian.

At one time Carrey was slated to star as the lead in "Meet the Parents" (2000) and even contributed jokes to the screenplay, such as the main character being named 'Focker'.

Studies acting with legendary coach, Larry Moss

Auditioned for "Ted" in Sixteen Candles. The role went to Anthony Michael Hall .

Is a vegetarian

quotes:

I've been dubbed the man most responsible for the dumbing of America, so obviously I don't put much stock into thoughts like (the theme of the 'dumbing down' of contemporary comedy). People love to laugh, and most people can find humor in just about anything, which is great. Trying to label or categorize comedy is ridiculous. I mean, if you laugh at a fart joke, does that make you a moron? I don't think so."

After recording a cover of 'I am the Walrus': "There! I did it! I defiled a timeless work of art! For my next trick, I will paint a clown face on the Mona Lisa while using the shroud of Turin as a dropcloth."

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby typical » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Vegetarian?? Are u sure?
typical
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby fluffy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:05 pm

nope.........lol.......i'm sure there was a tabloid article a wee while back which had Jim and Jenny chomping on steak and chips......lol....he eats fish i'm sure....... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby MandyCarrey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:32 pm

hhahah good on ya Jim johnny bravo is great!... unfortunatly the channel i used to watch it on dont show it no more was hilarious though. DO THE MONKEY! :P
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby Happygal » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:23 pm

I love Spongebob too!!! :P
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sprousefan23 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:13 am

He has good taste in cartoons!
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23