Jim Carrey Online

How did you all discover Jim Carrey?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

How did you all discover Jim Carrey?

Postby alisonsarah » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:40 am

For me it was the mask. when I saw that movie I was hooked it was a funny movie, Jim playing stanley ipkiss then this green faced character with odd powers that Just wants to make a show of his own.

anyway that's how I got to Know the works of Jim Carrey!

I love him in the grinch and bruce almighty and every movie he's ever made. but I'll stop typing so I'll let you all have a chance to go on and say your words.
A.S.C

alisonsarah
High Strung

Postby lammy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:18 am

I noticed his sillyness in "Ace Ventura when Nature Calls " . Didn't think I would be here creating art because of him . :oops:

One day I heard a voice say to find Jim . :lol: :shock: I'm serious :!:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sprousefan23 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:48 am

I looked him up after a friend told me I acted like him.
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:56 am

Eternal Sunshine.............. :wink:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:19 pm

i discovered Jim on TV when Ace-2 trailor was coming :D

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimlover » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:41 pm

I discovered Jim when The Mask released and they were showing this movie on cable in 1995. :D The movie released in India in the 1995 after 6 months of its releasing on USA.
[i][b]Somebody to luv me(Jim)[/b][/i]
jimlover
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:31 pm

I noticed Jim after Bruce Almighty came out! :P
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

First time

Postby babygirl_lace » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 pm

First time for me was when I saw Ace 1 ---my friend and I had seen the commerical preview for the release and we were like 'we have to see this guy' it was love immediately! :) I've happily been a fan for almost fifteen years. I think I 'discovered' his capability as an actor after I saw the Truman Show. I realized then just how diverse and how captivating he was gonna be.

God, I love that guy! He's fantastic!
~Lex~

"No day but today!" ~RENT~
babygirl_lace
Batman Forever

Postby woweeee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:37 pm

When i saw Lemony Snicket. and some other time.... :shock:
When once asked what I would do if I met Jim I said that I would give him so many hugs because he is so damn HOT and then I would tell him to get married. Response, "he is hot, but...nevermind."
woweeee
Batman Forever

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:12 pm

First time I saw him was on a tv-commercial for 'The Mask' in the early '90s ... But I had no idea who Jim Carrey was, since 'Ace Ventura' wasn't a succes overhere in Belgium. 'The Mask' looked kinda funny, but nobody older was interested to go.

When I was 13 (or something like that) I saw the trailer for 'Ace Ventura : When Nature Calls' in theatres. I was looking at this guy that had a thing with animals and I thought he did something with his face I never saw before. But I still didn't know who Jim Carrey was. I didn't catch the title of the film and it was stuck in my memory as 'A funny man in Africa'.

So Jim dissapeared from my mind...

Later, when I was 15-16 (?) I was, ya know, the class-clown, had to do the things that came into my head, immitate the teachers and students ... and everyone thought I was unpredictable and very funny. (I think I was just weird, that's all, lol, it was my way to fit in) Then the big cool smooth guy in my class said something about me acting, doing voices en pulling faces like 'The Mask'. That's right, some girl said, you have the same vibe 'Jim Carrey'. She actually thought I was watching those movies over and over again to immitate him.

I was like ... Jim Carrey? Who the hell is that? And it's a funny thing, later that week 'Ace Ventura 1' was on tv. I didn't know what I saw ... the guy had the same humor as me ... and he was like a 10.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 times better in that. In fact, I thought he was the most hilarious man I had ever seen! So later, 'The Mask' followed, 'Dumb and Dumber', ... and 'Liar Liar' was in theatres.

So, that's how it started. I always had this feeling he had this special thing and was more then a comedian. When I first saw 'The Truman Show', I just knew I was right all along. I love this guy!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby sprousefan23 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:48 pm

^ haha that's almost exactly mine too!
but instead of seeing him on tv I looked him up on the internet. :D
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby mysticwryter » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:00 am

Hmm....I was quite young when I did discover him; I think I was about 6 or 7. I think it was either Ace Ventura or maybe Once Bitten (it was on t.v.) I just found him very goofy. As I aged....well, the goofyness turned into something of an attraction, te he.
Schmoyoho-oh-oh-oh accent on the YO!
mysticwryter
Bruce Almighty

Return to The Speakeasy