Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey on English To Go Mag. cover !!!

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey on English To Go Mag. cover !!!

Postby jimliker » Sat May 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Why Jim Carrey Became Funny

Can anyone grab the copy plzzzzz

Link:

http://www.rdenglish.com/newE2G/index.j ... &idPais=mx

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Sun May 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Great magazine Priya. :) Is it a Brazilian mag?
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Sun May 27, 2007 3:00 pm

tks Tommy :) ....i have no idea...thats why i gave the link...the link on the website is not opening the contents of the issue :cry:

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby TNPihl » Sun May 27, 2007 3:03 pm

Or maybe from Mexico. :)
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Rosita » Sun May 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks a lot Priya :wink:
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Mon May 28, 2007 5:39 pm

ur welcome Rosa,

Can u get that mag. Tommy?

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 pm

It's very look like a spanish magacine :D
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby Rosita » Mon May 28, 2007 6:03 pm

magazine sorry...but i'm not sure if it's the same :oops: :roll: :lol:
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby jimliker » Mon May 28, 2007 6:45 pm

Rosita wrote:magazine sorry...but i'm not sure if it's the same :oops: :roll: :lol:

plz look for the mag. in the market....

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 pm

well this magazine isn't spanish...is brazilian or portuguese :) :) :) but I see him in Spain too :)
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby Rosita » Mon May 28, 2007 9:08 pm

There are 3,000 people in front of George Lopez. Their laughter fills the auditorium. The audience loves him. He tells jokes about men and women, husbands and wives, ethnic groups and ethnic differences, about famous people, and about himself. He tells jokes about a time when he wasn’t with 3,000 people who love him, a time when it seemed he couldn’t find one person who loved him at all.

He tells them about being at Disneyland and asking his grandmother for a Mickey Mouse hat with big ears and his name on it. Her response, he says, was to tell him: “One, you’re lucky we brought you. Two, you want a souvenir, save your ticket. Three, your ears stick out more than the hat. Here, I’ll just write your name across your forehead.”

They laugh loudly at the image of such cruelty. Of course, it wasn’t so funny when young George was living it.

George Lopez is a unique talent, but he’s hardly a unique comedian—at least in one respect. A surprising number of comics have faced hardships in their youth, and found their personal salvation by making us laugh.

“I don’t think there was ever a moment in my childhood,” Lopez says, “when I felt it was great to be part of a family.”

In the few photos that exist of young George, there’s no sign of the smiling entertainer we know today. Instead, we see a sad boy, turning his eyes away from the camera. “I never smiled,” he says, “because no one made me feel like I was alive. Forget about being important, forget about being a contributing person—no one made me feel like I was alive.”

But comedy did. His friend Ernie knew a man who was a comedian. “Ernie said, ‘You’re funnier than this dude,’ ” Lopez remembers. They decided to go to some clubs and work out a routine.

The third time Lopez took the stage, when he was just 18 years old, he made the crowd laugh for a long time. “After the show, I literally felt like I was flying,” he remembers. “That was the first time I ever felt complete acceptance and love.”

Before Jim Carrey became the star he is today, he, too, was a little boy who faced hardship. His mother spent much of Carrey’s childhood in bed, suffering from a series of illnesses. Young Jim spent hours trying to make her smile. To do so, he developed many of the funny routines that would make him famous. Carrey would stand in front of a mirror practicing his impersonations of John Wayne, Don Adams, and the Riddler from Batman. Later, his father lost his job and the family had to live in a camping van.

Carrey sometimes slept in his tap shoes, in case his parents needed him to dance to cheer them up in the night.

For many comedians, laughter offers comfort not just to them, but to their family. After Ellen DeGeneres’s parents divorced, she helped fight her mother’s depression by making her laugh. “I found I could make her happy, and she wouldn’t be crying anymore,” says DeGeneres. “When you’re a kid you don’t usually have that kind of control over your parent. But I could change her emotion. That was amazing.”

When Bernie Mac was very young, he found his mother sitting in the living room, quietly crying. “I climbed on her lap,” he says, “and started wiping her tears, asking, ‘Mom, why are you crying?’ And she kept saying, ‘Nothing, nothing.’ My mother had breast cancer—she died when I was 15—but she never told anyone. I began to cry, too, and there we were, both of us crying.

“She had the TV on. Bill Cosby came out. Soon my mother was laughing—crying and laughing at the same time. Then I started laughing. When Cosby finished, I asked my mama who he was. She told me, ‘He’s a comedian.’ I told her, ‘That’s what I’m going to be when I grow up. I’m going to be a comedian, and maybe you’ll never cry again.’”

Little Bernie soon became an irrepressible entertainer, telling jokes around the neighborhood and at school. At eight, he was asked to entertain the congregation one Sunday after church. He made them laugh a lot. That laughter—of friends, of audiences in small clubs—kept Mac going for years as he worked to establish himself as a comedian. “I couldn’t get the laughter out of my head,’’ he says. “It wasn’t a career. It wasn’t even a choice. It was a calling.”

“Life can be full of hurt and pain and sadness,” says DeGeneres. “It’s important to put it in perspective. Have a sense of humor as much as you can.”

Here it's the article of the magazine

Sorry Tommy :)
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Thankyou..

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue May 29, 2007 10:59 pm

maybe there is something in the air here in Canada, I believe my mom
went to the doctors almost once a week, almost like a ritual, I remember
many hours in the waiting room at the doctors, but then again maybe
it was because I had to go for allergy needles once a week too, so maybe that was it. I think air quality really affects a persons health.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Wed May 30, 2007 5:19 pm

geez, only a 1 paragraph about Jim in that whole mag. :lol: :P

jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Rosita » Thu May 31, 2007 10:53 am

Yeah I know that there's only a paragraph of Jim...but I believe that the article is interesting... 8)
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby cotton » Thu May 31, 2007 1:44 pm

Ty Rosita

geez, only a 1 paragraph about Jim in that whole mag.

Yes and the tap shoe story is not even true.lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Next

Return to Stop The Press!