Jim Carrey Online

SHOULD Jim VISIT OZ?

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

SHOULD Jim VISIT OZ?

Postby pavementchalk » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:22 am

Hate them or love them, the Aussies love a bloody good laugh and don't mind taking the piss.
They also like being called "Bruce".

------------
Poll deleted
Admin
------------
pavementchalk
Once Bitten

Re: SHOULD Jim VISIT OZ?

Postby Belbee » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:28 am

I'm not quite sure of the poll on this question, but I've said all along that Jim should come to Australia... and please don't ever call me Bruce! <br><br>I've never heard of an Aussie being called Bruce tho unless that was his name! lol!<br> <p></p><i></i>
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

re: Bruce

Postby ruthy » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:21 pm

Hey Belbee...your real name doesn't happen to be Sheila, does it? Teehee!! <p></p><i></i>
ruthy
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Re: re: Bruce

Postby Belbee » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:47 am

Oh why of course, by law every woman in Australia must be called Sheila! lol! <p></p><i></i>
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

re: re Bruce

Postby ruthy » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:56 pm

Heehee! I like your sense of humour, Belbee! <p></p><i></i>
ruthy
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

sheila

Postby pavementchalk » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:36 am

I reckon Sheila is a magnificent name and I would proudly wear it with a lack of grace to my grave after the bullets had cried.<br>Belbee, I think you should hurl a bit of abuse at me in future...I'm all too well and gushy at the fact you like my posts, but don't be scared to sink your teeth in, I can take it! <br>I've got an uncle called Bruce.<br>You know, I went to see jimbo's Brucey film and was expecting him to be playing an Aussy...I thought itwas some kind of piss take of us and could hardly wait to get a glimpse. Turned out to be a Bruce having a go at being a god. Maybe that means all Aussies called Bruce are gods. I was a little let down that Jimbo wasn't doing an Aussie accent. It seems to me that all the lovely Aussies and Irish and Brits and everywhere else on earth, all have to go to Hollifyingwood and fake accents. It would be nice if a few of their folk did the diagonal to Aus and<br>tried ours out. Everytime we have a foreign guest appearance, the gutless wonders don't do our accent..they keep their own. Of course there are few exceptions..the magnificent Meryl adapted herself to an Australasian effort. Mind you, her efforts have often been fully courageous and have shown a great prowess. Hear! Hear! Meryl!<br>Now that's a good name...."Meryl"! I LOVE IT!!!!<br><br>My mother was a "Shirley". Apparently Pop didn't like the name dictated to him by grandma and wrote "Shirley" on the birth certificate records instead. The catch was that he never told anyone and they called her by her "perceived" name until her late 50's when she got a passport and realised she was someone else altogether. Whoops! Dad married someone else. <br>Although I'm sure everyman can say that of their wife after a few years..."she is not the woman I married!" <p></p><i></i>
pavementchalk
Once Bitten

Re: sheila

Postby Belbee » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:54 am

Ok, I think I followed most of that! Just for future reference... not all Bruce's are Aussie's ok! lol! And if you want to see Jim do (or attempt!) an Aussie accent, wtch the first few mins of Dumb and Dumber! <br> <p></p><i></i>
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Return to The Speakeasy