Jim Carrey Online

my feeble form of hero worship...

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

my feeble form of hero worship...

Postby shamaho » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:09 am

i live near cocoa beach florida, where i was told Jim went to see a shuttle launch and stayed at a particular hotel in a certain room. since i was going through my divorce last fall, i accumulated mucho points for future stays at any hilton hotel, so i'm going to stay in the same room.....free of charge (thankfully - it's quite expensive). i was told steven tyler also stayed in that room.....now i'm not quite sure which seems cooler.....anyway, it'll be a hoot...!
shamaho
The Truman Show

Postby omnipresence » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Cool! Have a great time
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:37 pm

The question is : will you be able to sleep? :wink:
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby shamaho » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:48 am

well, i'll be alone, once my kids leave, so - yes!! i'm sure the room will have a definite aura though.... 8)
shamaho
The Truman Show

Postby MandyCarrey » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:50 am

Oooh thats cool. have fun!! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:42 pm

I woudn't be able to sleep at all if I were you, I would foam at the mouth all night long!
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Postby shamaho » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:41 am

luckily i've been such a die-hard fan for so long that i'm steeled to the unrelenting passion....not really, but i have found ways to control it. ha ha.

but seriously, i have so much respect for Jim and what he's been able to accomplish through sheer force of will that he will always be my hero. i know it sounds sappy, but he came from less than nothing. look what he's done with it. and the fact that he gave $1M after 9/11 certainly wasn't lost on me.

they truly need to change that part of the constitution that says you need to be born in the USA to be the prez...it's completely against our philosophy...! Because even tho peeps like Arnold make themselves look silly, they are better reps of our credo than most of us, who've lived here since birth. just my opinion - feel free to disagree.
shamaho
The Truman Show

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:38 pm

i can't comment i'm afraid, but it's fascinating just how proud Americans seem to be of their presidents and politicians.
In the Uk we tend to see our leaders as figures to ridicule and poke fun at.....and the British are very open at speaking out against the country.......
For example if Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks were British they would not have never encountered such a backlash........i guess Americans have a much greater sense of national pride whilst we are becoming more European.

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:58 pm

We poke fun of Georgie all the time and most of us are not proud of him either.hehe

But anyway have a good time Shamaho!
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:15 pm

awe yeah................lol...........will you be able to bag a towel??...or some other little memento??...........lol......i'm not sure the bed will fit in your handbag :lol: :lol: :lol: ..............wowee........that would be really cool..........i hope you have a totally relaxing, indulgent treat........you deserve it for sure....... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby shamaho » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:48 am

stop it, fluffster....you're giving me too many ideas. i actually had to postpone the stay there. but now i'm going shopping for the biggest handbag in the world. thanks for the chuckle...! 8)
shamaho
The Truman Show

Return to The Speakeasy