Jim Carrey Online

I like Jim Carrey, he's a 3 dimensional actor!

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

I like Jim Carrey, he's a 3 dimensional actor!

Postby wonderbunny » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:39 am

I think what keeps me hooked is his ability to transform into soooooo many characters. Thinnly linked in Lemony Snicket, Living Color, Eternal Sunshine was a mindblower, Truman was a masterpiece. I'm amused with his comedy, but the dramatic acting is something entirely different. I guess it was Majestic (He got me at hiccup) and Maple Drive that reeled me in.
wonderbunny
Lemony Snicket

Postby Filomena » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:30 pm

I agree - he's certainly an amazing actor.

I still think there's more to him than meets the eye. I hope he continues to pick roles that inspire him and at the same time, show off all the different things he can do. I don't think we've seen it all yet. I wonder if Jim even knows what else he can do? Hmmm.
The truth shall set you free.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby chip » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Amazing topic. I totally agree. And waiting for "The number 23". That will be a good surprise for the world :)
chip
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Postby gothichyppie » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:53 pm

He was great at playing shy and introverted Joel and instantly follow with freaky and excentric Count Olaf. I know Jim very well and I still have a hard time realising that this is the same guy, I think that says it all!
There was someone asking 'Didn't you think of Lloyd when Joel is running around the train station with his briefcase?' No matter how many times I've seen D&D, it never crossed my mind! ESOTSM and D&D are like MILES from each other!
I said it before and I'll say it again : I've seen someone being so intense at comedy and drama combined!
---[...]------
gothichyppie
Burt Wonderstone

Return to The Speakeasy