Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Fan Gathering 2006!

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Where would you travel to meet up with other Jim fans?

a) Toronto, Canada
22%
b) Los Angeles, California
26%
c) Somewhere in Europe
22%
d) I can't travel to the above places, but would participate in an online chat
30%

Total votes : 27

Postby quirky » Tue May 09, 2006 8:34 am

Yes, every year they do a carpet of flowers on the Grand Place.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Anna Chalova » Tue May 09, 2006 8:37 am

gr8 job, but very beautiful!

anima relaxing
"I really want to love somebody. I do. I just don't know if it's possible forever and ever." JC
(\(\.........../)/)
(=',').......(','=)
(..(")(")(")(")..)
Anna Chalova
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby dixiechick » Tue May 30, 2006 5:06 pm

quirky wrote:It's not that this isn't a good idea....but let me tell you the experience I had with someone in the biz who posted on the website about his show.

I had posted on the Trading Spaces bb (show on The Learning Channel) for quite awhile. One night I saw an episode of "What Not to Wear". The guy on the show at the time (Wayne Scot Lukas), absolutely INSULTED the midwest while advising someone from Iowa. You have to ditch the HICK look.

I posted on the website. WSL had been wearing a camouflage puffy jacket while advising this woman that she needed to ditch the Iowa and look towards New York.

He didn't take it kindly when I posted and said he had very little room to talk, since he was dressed like military marshmallow man.

Well....he sent a response that stunned about, oh, everyone on the board...He threatened me...saying that he could ruin my Jeopardy appearance, that he KNEW people. I was @#$% scared.

I adore WSL!!! He was a hoot. I really miss him on that show. He didn't diss Iowa, either. Obviously he was being snarky like the producers told him to. Since the opera singer still corresponds with him, I don't think she was all that upset either. Do you really think someone like WSL has the time or the desire to mess with someone's appearance on Jeopardy? Give me a break! Loved the camo jacket, btw.
dixiechick

Postby quirky » Tue May 30, 2006 5:39 pm

dixiechick wrote:
quirky wrote:It's not that this isn't a good idea....but let me tell you the experience I had with someone in the biz who posted on the website about his show.

I had posted on the Trading Spaces bb (show on The Learning Channel) for quite awhile. One night I saw an episode of "What Not to Wear". The guy on the show at the time (Wayne Scot Lukas), absolutely INSULTED the midwest while advising someone from Iowa. You have to ditch the HICK look.

I posted on the website. WSL had been wearing a camouflage puffy jacket while advising this woman that she needed to ditch the Iowa and look towards New York.

He didn't take it kindly when I posted and said he had very little room to talk, since he was dressed like military marshmallow man.

Well....he sent a response that stunned about, oh, everyone on the board...He threatened me...saying that he could ruin my Jeopardy appearance, that he KNEW people. I was @#$% scared.

I adore WSL!!! He was a hoot. I really miss him on that show. He didn't diss Iowa, either. Obviously he was being snarky like the producers told him to. Since the opera singer still corresponds with him, I don't think she was all that upset either. Do you really think someone like WSL has the time or the desire to mess with someone's appearance on Jeopardy? Give me a break! Loved the camo jacket, btw.

Did you see the episode in question? I wonder why WSL isn't there anymore...he always had such devoted Waynettes on the bulletin board.
Unfortunately he DID threaten me in a really vicious way on a public BB.
I wish it hadn't happened, but it did. I wish him luck...he actually went out to lunch with a friend (from other bb) in New York and she asked him about it and he apologized.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby dixiechick » Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm

quirky wrote: Did you see the episode in question? I wonder why WSL isn't there anymore...he always had such devoted Waynettes on the bulletin board.
I wish it hadn't happened, but it did. I wish him luck...he actually went out to lunch with a friend (from other bb) in New York and she asked him about it and he apologized.

I saw all the epis and I saw the exchange between you guys on the bb, and I think you are blowing it out of proportion. Besides, if he apologized, why are you bringing it up now? It is so three years ago.

Wouldn't it be cool if WSK styled Jim Carrey!
dixiechick

Postby fluffy » Tue May 30, 2006 8:57 pm

lol........jimmy's got great style.........he doesn't need changed.......nooooH.......leave him be.........lol........he's good as he is....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Wed May 31, 2006 2:39 am

dixiechick wrote:
quirky wrote: Did you see the episode in question? I wonder why WSL isn't there anymore...he always had such devoted Waynettes on the bulletin board.

I saw all the epis and I saw the exchange between you guys on the bb, and I think you are blowing it out of proportion. Besides, if he apologized, why are you bringing it up now? It is so three years ago.

Wouldn't it be cool if WSK styled Jim Carrey!

I wrote about it because it is an example of what can happen when a celeb posts on a site about them. First of all a possee is formed of posters who are going to fawn over him. That happened...no one could say anything at ALL slightly negative about him without dozens of Waynettes jumping down their throat. As a result, the whole board just became a bunch of sycophants. He should never have let TLC make him into such a snarky stereotype. There were quite a few posts there that were BRUTAL...mine wasn't. And if you were reading you *did* see the threat he made (which was way, WAY out of line) on a public bb. What a coincidence that you posted there, too. He never should have, that's for sure.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 31, 2006 11:23 am

As a result, the whole board just became a bunch of sycophants
.........well i for one am quite tickled with the fact that this board is a good mix.......yeah we praise his acting, we love his looks etc but we are a cheeky bunch of devils...........lol.......in fact we might actually be TOOOO cheeky at times............but it's healthy good fun...... :wink: ....

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Linda Marin » Wed May 31, 2006 4:04 pm

Here! Here! :)
Linda Marin
Pink Cadillac

Postby quirky » Wed May 31, 2006 5:00 pm

fluffy wrote:
As a result, the whole board just became a bunch of sycophants
.........well i for one am quite tickled with the fact that this board is a good mix.......yeah we praise his acting, we love his looks etc but we are a cheeky bunch of devils...........lol.......in fact we might actually be TOOOO cheeky at times............but it's healthy good fun...... :wink: ....

I agree. This is mostly why I think it would be bad if Jim posted here and everyone worried that he was going to read what they wrote. Please...keep it a mystery, because once posters know that you can communicate with a celeb on the bb, the whole tone changes. People join in order to say horrible things. People join in order to say wonderful things. Nobody keeps it honest anymore because they are too busy trying to attract negative Or positive attention from that celeb.

People will join, in order to simply say something about another poster...or a post.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Niobe » Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 pm

quirky wrote:I agree. This is mostly why I think it would be bad if Jim posted here and everyone worried that he was going to read what they wrote. Please...keep it a mystery, because once posters know that you can communicate with a celeb on the bb, the whole tone changes. People join in order to say horrible things. People join in order to say wonderful things. Nobody keeps it honest anymore because they are too busy trying to attract negative Or positive attention from that celeb.

People will join, in order to simply say something about another poster...or a post.

Wise words indeed from the lady in the corner with the bird on her shoulder. 8)
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 31, 2006 7:14 pm

YOU SCARY MIND READER!!!!!!
You're physic, you are.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed May 31, 2006 8:25 pm

lol..........yep, it's a mystery indeed.......... :wink: .............but i for one would not like his identity to be outed if he were on the board, because of the press. They would love to nail a celeb........and as genuine fans we can appreciate he needs to be careful about that..........

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Niobe » Wed May 31, 2006 8:33 pm

quirky wrote:YOU SCARY MIND READER!!!!!!
You're physic, you are.

My inner eye can see far and wide.

Right across the Atlantic in fact.
Everybody should believe in something.
I believe I'll have another coffee!
Niobe
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Wed May 31, 2006 8:45 pm

Niobe wrote:
quirky wrote:YOU SCARY MIND READER!!!!!!
You're physic, you are.

My inner eye can see far and wide.

Right across the Atlantic in fact.

You're psychicly stalking me, aren't you?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy